Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Management reviews

Company with good intentions and developing employees
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2019
-Busy and ever-changing environment in a positive sense
-Continually learning
-Most difficult is coaching the management team
-Most enjoyable is being able to work self-directed
Fear based idealogy
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 March 2019
Corporate took away yearly boot allowances for CSA steel toe boots and FORCED employees, in all plants, to wear CHEAP COLD rubber boots for pure cost saving initiative and the cowardly safety department agreed. This fear based company is knowingly purposefully physically harming their employees feet knees hips back and skeletal system and does not care. I wrote emails and gave documention rebuking this unhumanitarian decision and was put on a intervention program with no pay increase until I followed management policies. I quit. Shame on you privileged Michael H McCain and corporate sheep . I challenge all of you in corporate and even the management team of the McLeod plant to wear these boots daily. TRY A 10 HOUR SHIFT ON CONCRETE. (And the Union does nothing!)
My mom immigrated from Holland at 11 with her family. My Opa always told me if i took care of my feet and my back, I would be able to care for my family through honest hard work. No one apparently shared this philosophy with the affluent McCains.Now we read Maple Leaf is in the black....ON THE BACKS OF WHOM?
Maple Leafs Six core values guide us in everything that we do. • Do what’s right • Deliver winning results • Build collaborative teams • Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way • Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly • Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble, obviously this is a mantra with no substance or compassion
The floor employees are all limping and too scared to say anything. The maintenance team are not working overtime because they need the time off to heal their bodies, which raises
  more... questions, is this plant going to be shutdown? WHY does management care for the weiners more than its associates?How can Maple Leaf justify this inhumane act?
Boycott their products until they start treating their hard working employees with respect and compassion. Monique T Visbeen, previous maintenance supervisor for 4 years in Saskatoon
Pros
Surrounded with 600 years of knowledge and experience in maintenance department, gratitude for the patience and knowledge shared from the this team of wonderful men and women, good pension
Cons
See above
Horrible place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2019
Company does not care about their employees. CEO is more concerned about lining his pocket on the backs of his plant workers. Management does not respect employees. Uses moldy meat to make their products.
Nice Work to start
Product (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2019
Good and cooperative supervisors, Usually the production associates have nothing to do with the management, so I can't say anything about that. But overall it was a good experience to work there
Horrible place to work everyone is angry and talk behind you Back. The maintenance management are horrible
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 March 2019
Worst company to work for in Lethbridge . If your looking to move up or advance in the maintenance department good luck . The managers are racist and will treat you bad because of the colour of your skin . I regret working here for years. I would have rather taking a job that pays less and been happier .rhe maintenance management protects their friends while treating everyone else like garbage. They tell you not to drink coffee in the shop but it’s ok for them to. I witnessed a incident where management gave some one trouble for using a company water cooler they told them
To drink the tap water when it’s rancid .
Pros
Cons
Maintenance management are horrible
Stay away from Hannon
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON3 March 2019
Union is out to line their own pockets and not there for the employee. Keep an eye on your back as there is a lot of backstabbing. Some Supervisors are great and others will use you to adcance their own agenda. For the jobs you get to what you are paid you can get paid higher elsewhere.
n/a
FINANCAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2019
Maple Leaf has a great environment, employees were friendly and management was very helpful. I had the opportunity to learn many different tasks and the environment during my time was fun and there was recogniation of employees based on hard work.
Bad work environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON14 January 2019
Bad environment huge turn over rate every week new employees and forced overtime unless you are a favorite and don't want to . Food that they pass as good would make you sick.
Cons
Don't pay people money that they are owed mess up pays continually
Good work-life balance
Industrial Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Work from home option available
Flexible working hours
Supportive Management and Peers
Good experience with CFIA requirements
Room to develop and grow
an ok job
Line Operator/Department Service (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON26 November 2018
This was an ok place to work. The pay was k but not enough for what you had to put your body through on a daily basis. The people were also very catty and miserable, If you can get past those issues then working here was bearable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
rushed breaks
Sanitation Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 November 2018
The plant is now closed. Im not sure if it is the same culture at the new plant out Hamilton way. The management was great. Weekends off, good staff and they treated employees well
not a good place to work
Egg Room Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON4 November 2018
Back in the day it was a great place to work. Now, the company and the management are pathetic, would never work there again and would never recommend.
Enjoyable
Trainee Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON25 September 2018
I worked here for three months as Assistant Shift Engineer(Trainee). It is a prerequisite placement before getting my 4th Class License from TSSA. I enjoyed a lot during this time. The management is good and workplace culture also good. The hardest part of this job is to attend the equipment for a long time.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Need to work long time.
job culture is poor
SAP Recipe Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2018
The management is really poor. They do not care about their employers except the marketing team. The politics at work is quite complicated. It is not a supportive environment.
Five years there felt like a lifetime. Other plants are great but stay away from Hamilton.
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 September 2018
I was an employee their since the beginning of the plant opening. The first two years were great. Team leads were amazing flexible and compassionate. The last three years were a disaster. This place has become such a negative atmosphere, so cut throat, and Leads want employees to rat on each other. If you want to join a place where investigations and suspensions are a daily thing then MLF Heritage is for you. There is no Heritage. HR is behind closed LOCKED doors, and mistakes are not to be made by employees. Mistakes can only be made by Team Leads and believe me they make alot of them. Machines are only five years old and are held together with bungee cords and tape. Never have the proper equipment to run the machines and have to use your own tools that then get stolen by your coworkers. Gossip and rats galore. Not a good place to work at all. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. You can get a job anywhere for the MO eyes they pay. Not worth the hassle or stress. Believe me
Pros
Cons
Everything and Anything
It is workplce for everyone
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
The leadership and management promoted a viable strategy ,which aligned with the organizational vision. There are opportunities for any one with determination to succeed.
Pros
Collaboration with employees
Cons
Challenges to inexperience professional.
Its great place to work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2018
This Company is the best place to work in all views. We can share our views and ideas with management. and they listen to it and also work on them. I loved to work here.
Overall work environment
HR Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2018
Management was knowledgeable. They ensured all employees were able to maintain a proper work/life balance. If you work hard, you can grow with the company.
Supervisor
Hatchery production (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON16 August 2018
Supervisor is completely rude. I Had food poisoning had 2 doctors notes and she was still rude towards me. Some co-workers are nice but some of them think they’re better than you.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Rudeness
Poor Company
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON15 August 2018
I would not recommend anyone to apply for a job at this company. They are unfair to the probationary workers and the work enviroment is somewhat hostile with back stabbing and bad feelings all about the facility