Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Canada714 reviews
Good place to work together and learn new skills
People help each other a lot while working. Since new employees are trained well and guided by the supervisors and the experienced people. There are diversity and inclusion at the workplace.
General labor
Very disorganized workplace. Workers speak minimal English and not able to give clear instructions on expected tasks. Yells at you if you don't understand. I think management really just care about getting products out. If you have no desire for growth or satisfaction of doing a job or speak little English then this is perfect opportunity. Also there is a "that's not my job" mentality in this environment.
Very fast pace work
Employees are friendly along with managements. because is union environment things can get a bit dicey sometimes. but overall is fun you just have to keep your head up
Good idea this one
Good security good provide anything
I know this jobs looking me something

I will do it inow that you doing jobs just setting something out for your child
Pros
Need help me
Cons
Need jobs
Poorly run
Don't care about there employees, poorly managed, cold, under pressure all the time, short breaks, to much favoritism, don't trust there employees low wages.
OK job for students
Student hours were 4 pm till whenever they were done, Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday, with some Saturdays. Paychecks were pretty good if you worked all 4 days. Nice to have weekends off and I could still do extracurricular activities.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
The Maple Leaf Foods is a prestigious company on food industry. The employer and employees relationship has built on a strong foundation that values respect and integrity with each other. The Company is always mindful of its employees health and safety. The employees in the same manner is at all times concerned of the production output. Moreover, the Company has inculcated in the employees' heart that the produced foods must be based on high standard so as the health and safety of the consumers shall not be prejudiced.
Pros
production and performance bonus
Abc
Very very bad management and maintenance supervisors and seniors mechanics
Too politics around maintenance department and production specialy maintenance manager is dump he no technical knowledge

Also supervisors by professional musician and teachers no technical background
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maple Leaf Consumer Foods?
Great work culture
Physically demanding but good benefits for the skill level required. Opportunities for training/advancement based on seniority (unionized) and desire. Overtime, profit sharing, great on site cafeteria/restaurant, locker area with showers are some of the perks. Also wages are paid weekly.
Good pay, but really nothing else.
Was always taught if I didn't have anything good to say then not to say anything, so that is what I am going to do. Just not a friendly place to work at times.
Well managed work place
The company has Friendly working environment and gives lots of opportunities to all of its employees. Basically it needs fast paced work but very reasonable at the same time.
fast paced and multi culture workplaces
Duties: I set up and maintain operate machinery; moreover, I also ensure the interminable and efficient running of production, controlling and adjusting machine settings as speeding, assess the produce to avoid any mistake before packaging. For instant , I evaluated quality of each lunch box that will be packaged.
Furthermore, I strongly improve as excellent communication and interpersonal skills since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. As great machine operator, I am reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards; thus, I can fix issues that might occur during the shift.
A good start for anyone not lazy.
It's a good place for someone starting a fresh and strong enough for all activities involved. With no qualification,you are good to go and added advantage for candidates with related qualifications and experience as openings surfaced,you can easily apply and qualify.
Overall it’s good
Salary for production supervisor not given according to their experience. Some one deserve more but gave less salary. Hourly paid very less for supervisor.
The new management at Maple leaf consumer foods is very incompetent they are arrogant disrespectful to workers stripping off benefits causes chaos in
Whole facilities many grievances not been able to solve cause by incompetent managers. Otherwise working environment are good workers are working hard to keep the company afloat but the management keeps dragging the company down they have no concern for the people working in Burlington facilities
Happy to work there
It's a good place to work and good people for really am happy to be part of the team some times it's hard to wake up every morning and maybe your shift start at 6am but it's all good
Past faced environment
Cold, Clean but noisy room, people are fun, past faced environment, repetitive tasks. Supervisors and management are strict but approachable.
Good place to work.
Fast paced but fair salary
Its a fast paced job but a reasonable salary. I learned to keep up with different environments easily. Always adapting to different people and learning to work together.
It’s a terrible place to work
By far the worst place I’ve ever worked. The managers don’t care about anything but themselves and their union workers are just as terrible. If you can avoid it at all costs, save yourself the headache
Seems ok for someone with no work experience
If your looking for benefits go there... depending on how you work it's ok as long as you can stand for 8 hours and learn not have a bad attitude you might get a warning
Structural and repetitive and fast paced
Duties are performed on the half hour and hourly. Some duties required laboratory testing while others were more mechanical in nature. Lots of walking from area to area and care to make sure no cross contamination takes place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Leaf Consumer Foods. Our community is ready to answer.