Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Found 760 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

you must know how to multi task

good training, like the hours. benefits are good. Good balance of work and family life. Great team-work. Good training and leaders / supervisors. Would work there again.

High volumes daily with tight deadlines

average workplace with some flexibility work/home currently many changes so job security is unknown downsizing and outsourcing to overseas manual tasks changing to digital

Friendly environment

An easy commute to work with enjoyable people to work alongside. No career progression or compensation adjustments for successful and efficient employees. It does begin to take away ones motivation to do well and to not look at other career opportunities elsewhere.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Stressful call centre environment

I was in a call centre position, even though my education and training was better suited to other positions within the company. The company does not seem too concerned about putting the right people in the right job, so the call centre environment had a lot of turn over.

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

You eat what you kill

Extremely hard to debut in this industry but I was luckily very well surrounded at the branch I was working at.

Fast-paced, transforming and evolving workplace

I've worked for the company for 12 years. I've been able to move up (and laterally) to finally get into the right role for me. Unfortunately, the by-product of internal movement at Manulife is that there is no opportunity for significant salary growth. As a result, I have 12 years of work experience at one of the top companies in the financial sector, and I am vastly underpaid. It's a frustration I've had for a long time. Manulife simply doesn't pay me what I'm worth, and that is very de-motivating and difficult to square with the amount of work I put in on a daily basis, but also over my tenure. There are other ways I feel valued for my contribution, of course, unfortunately, fair compensation is not one of them.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience. If you would like to discuss further, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

Seems Great on the Outside

company promotes employee engagement, wellness, career advancement, and while that is true on the surface, the leadership from Middle Management and up, are not aligned to the employees actually doing the work and facing the obstacles. When approached by a team relaying difficulties with a task/target, management diverts which makes team feel unheard, leads to poor work/life balance and high turnover.

Large insurance company

Manulife is a large insurer but always looks to improve efficiency in delivering their services to customers. They are eager to adopt new technology if it improves delivery.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Productive environment

Group Retirement and insurance based company. Surrounded by very success driven people. Great benefits due to the nature of the business. Possibility of advancement.

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Its an okay place to work

While I have referred a few people into Manulife for different positions, the work/ life balance is definitely an issue and they don't hire enough people for certain departments, which leads to stress on the employees.

Pros

Pay, benefits, vacation

Cons

Stressful

8 July 2020

Co op student. Fun and relax along with challenges for growth

I start working at manulife as a co op student in 2018 september untill 2019 august and continued to work part part from september 2019 to december 2019. overall I am happy I was give an opportunity to work here as I have learned a lot about the field I want to get into and it has given me many challenges that allowed for personal growth as well professional growth. The team I was on was also a dream to work with especially for a new co op student that was shy and laid back.

Good future

Manulife is going through a significant transition right now to bring it up-to-date with customer needs and IT. In the next few years Manulife will become an amazing opportunity to be a part of.

Great Job

Loved the $ n Freedom, would get up at 6AM and work 9PM. The pace was fast and fun...too bad the govt changed the mortgage rules then the bottom fell out.

Challenging and worthwhile

Fascinating opportunity to work with knowledgeable and challenging executives. Opportunity to collaborate with professionals in creating an HR global transformation.

learning, & courses & safety promoted, as well as ethics

cant say enough good well treated well paid well respected awesome benefits & perks lots of opportunities to learn & take courses, sky is the limit really

Pros

lots of great lunches very often, friendly co workers

Cons

cant think of even 1 con!

Great Work/Life Balance for Employees

Great work/life balance for employees. Great benefits and work at home option. Employees are able to freely apply for other positions within the corporation.

Pros

Work at home option

Cons

Work at home/min. face to face interactions

great place to work

i loved working at manulife. met alot of awesome people and there was always something new to learn. Great co workers and got to move around in the company.

Comfortable corporate working environment

The environment at Manulife is comfortable because there are many departments and within those departments are usually small teams that work collaboratively. The balance between personal and work life is easily manageable and doesn’t increase much stress.

8 July 2020

Productive and a great learning environment

I found it well organized full professional training that is required to do the job. Safety and health are of first priority for the employees as well as for the workers and occupants of the facilities being cleaned..

Great pace to work

Manulife was a wonderful place to work. Managers were very helpful when assistance was required, encouraging and a great work/home balance. Work from home options available.

8 July 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement