Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Found 760 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Thankful for my time there

I was thankful for my time at Manulife. It encouraged me to be diligent in my work. I learned more about myself as well. Especially that it's important not to do things just for the money. There is no profit in losing your soul for something that can be taken from you in an instant.

Professional working environment

Its one of the best places to work; you will find helping culture and support from the management. It is a huge organization and there is always potential to excel.

Horrible place to work

Very stressful, low paying, horrible place to work - manager was very cold hearted - lots of favoritism - off shore processors make huge errors and it’s the CSR’s that get to handle the front lines - everything is back logged but you can’t say that to customers

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Productive and Fun workplace

Relax work environment. . Management was very accommodating to address any personal or work related issues. The job itself, once you knew the products, was trait forward. The most enjoyable part of working at Manulife was working with my colleagues.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Productive, Collaborative and Competitive

Team Meeting - Daily strategy planning - Data creation - Automate Test Suite - Execute testing - Defect identifying - Arrange and proceed defect call - Defect reviewing and resolving - Release daily reports - Summaries Learned individual duties and responsibilities and to achieve targets / goals on daily basis To challenge your own self and try to enhance or upgrade your skills individually or along with the team Adaptability and flexibility with the fast change work environment Competitive and productive and ensure your work ethics would be beneficial to stakeholders and business owners Good and well organised Team Management Hardship of getting work and life balance. Long distance to commute Good Team members and fulling our target within the time frame gives enormous happiness

work place

Great place to work, some tension between the Ontario and Quebec management staff. Used Skype to communicate mostly with manager and my staff who were located across Canada.

Pros

work from home

Cons

long hours and pay schedule

8 July 2020

Good company to work, unfortunately on my part, our jobs were moved to offshore

With the introduction of work from home - less travel and minimal expenses daily compared to going to the office. There are advantages and disadvantages - during winter and bad weather , you don't need to report to the office. You missed the office environment though as less interactions with your colleagues.

They want your firstborn but pay well

This company used to care about its employees but now just worries about the bottom line. It's a dog eat dog culture with lots of pet employees that smile at you one day and stab you in the back the next if it gets them further ahead. Work from home culture which is great but the unreal work demands are excessive for the amount of time you have and the expectations of the role, especially when plans change on a dime but you aren't given time to adapt.

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Made great friends there

Big company, lots of opportunity for those that can follow the company directive. Not a lot of opportunity to be creative in solutions. If you don't think like the Management, you are not given a good performance rating.

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Disorganised mess

There was no manager on site for our department, if you had any questions or needed anything to get done you had to email them over Skype. They set up a new website that didn't work and suddenly I was required to be technical support despite that not being in my job description. Very stressful and chaotic.

Pros

Nice cafeteria

Cons

No manager

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Manulife is a large life insurance company and has good actuarial rotation program. Employees could get exposure to different teams by participating in that program.

8 July 2020

Good place to work with supportive leadership and transformation initiatives. Pay is also fairly well. Good work life balance. But there is no job security. Any time they do mass layoff and call it Org Restructure.

8 July 2020

Flexible hours and ability to work from home. Requires the ability to learn new process and systems quickly. Fast pace and stressful work environment.

Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.

Fast paced environment

Going through a lot of change right now but they have flexible work environment which is great. The direction that the company is heading in is positive.

8 July 2020
Your feedback is important to us as we look to provide a positive candidate experience to all throughout the selection and hiring process.

excellent place to work

Productive fun place to work. Current with technologies helpful management work and life balance encourage employees to strive for their best supportive colleagues

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

WFH can be isolating

Good place to work and people are really friendly.

Great place to work and people are really friendly. Great team, they are always ready to help. Also, coffee, tea are free. Every Friday there is breakfast. You will always find something to eat every day.

Stressful Work Environment

Manulife is a large organization which continues to go through reorganizations. This leaves the staff wondering about their jobs and future. While the company emphasizes moving departments, in practice this is easier said than done. Manulife is a generous organization financially to their employees, just with they would gave more consideration to employees mental wellbeing.

Productive and Fun Workplace

The environment is really nice and they accomodate you a lot, you have free coffee and games available to you at any time. It s a really friendly workplace.

8 July 2020

it was a great experience.

I learned a lot. I loved working with Manulife I would love to go back. My position was to help IT team in a huge project for 6 months, I am looking for opportunity to go back to Manulife in their GTA area. I was driving to Kitchener everyday from Toronto and It was not easy in winter time.

8 July 2020

Productivity was required but that is same with other companies.

The job that i had was a dream job for me. I helped a lot of people that needed help. I was all, customer service, tech, researcher and adjudicator. To help a kid that needed a wheelchair a hospital bed or oxygen i was always there for them. Got discounts for people which were overcharged in US hospitals. I listen to people ad gave them a better day. Never looked at my pay as that was very sad. Moral was very low but i had a good supervisor and manager.

Pros

Free lunches were given only on July 1 and Christmas.

Cons

In my department, overtime was always required.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement