Manulife logo
Manulife
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife Employee Reviews

Found 760 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Emploi très convenable

Personnel amical. Environnement de travail propre et agréable. Direction souple et humaine. Bistro à prix modique avec menu intéressant. Possiblités d'avancement rapide.

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Manulife Group Benefits

Manulife is a large company. All business units work separately. I loved the overall culture of the company, but the area in which I worked did not seem to embody the work ethos the company was aiming for.

Very demanding

Very demanding place to work. Turnover of management and staff is high. Good growth opportunities, however processes are being outsourced or offshored.

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Big company with different areas allowing you to grow professionally

A company with a good reputation in the financial industry. A multicultural job enviroment. A fast pace job culture. The financial industry products are complex, Manulife products are also complex.

productive and fun workplace

Good company, and good brand but not enough job security. Worked directly with management as a senior analyst but there was no guarantee that I will grow within the company

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Great team to work with

It was my great experiences to work with the conference team. Was dealing directly with the President, CFO, COO and other executives daily. Based on the meeting time and location our team used pre set all the conference equipment, working with IT team to set the room. Communicating with the Client regarding the days activities.

Productive with fun lunches

No assigned seat spaces for employees. Manulife has fun lunch events for teams to build rapport and socialize. Training and advancement opportunities are available in the workplace. Human resources is very lax with taking action on complaints and can quickly make work environment toxic for complaining about work standards or code of conduct.

8 July 2020

Constant change but opportunities to learn

Manulife can offer a lot of learning opportunities for people. An increasingly global view is something that few organizations with historical roots in Canada can offer.

8 July 2020

Great place to work, a collaborative work culture

Working at Manulife feels like being part of a family. The odd abrupt firing did happen, but for the most part job security is felt and you feel the leadership have interest in keeping employees happy and engaged. Lots of perks and benefits, from personal and mental health, to learning platforms. A great place to work overall.

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Big Company, Lots of Opportunity

Manulife is one of the few true Canadian MNCs. Lots of opportunities to work in new areas and try new things. The global team is very professional and focused. Canadian division tends to be unfocused, poorly performing.

Pros

Good work life balance. Transformation minded executive leadership.

Cons

Matrix can be complex and convoluted.

8 July 2020

Productive and Competitive place to work

Manulife has a very good work culture and good work from home option. Nice benefits. Lots of learning opportunities and good opportunities to grow as technically. Especially Manulife University is a great opportunity to learn latest technologies.

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

Decisions change when there is a change in higher management

Great Work-Life Balance

Very encouraging of work from home practices and encourages work/life balance. Training resources for some teams are lacking and could be a little more established.

Amazing work place

Working at Manulife is one of the best achievements for serious candidates. There is a very good working environment with a very kind and serious supervisors

8 July 2020

This company is an incredible company to work for.

This is coming from someone who regretfully did poorly and got fired from Manulife. Working for this company is very rewarding. Everyone (including all Management) will treat you like family from day one. The job is demanding, but they provide you with everything you need to build a successful career there. I unfortunately was younger (22) and took this job and this company for granted. With the job experience and ethic that I have now - I would return to this company in an instant. The hardest part of this job was the heavy flow of calls, and needing to know the processes and terminology. The most enjoyable part of this job - the people, management, the training recourses, the hours, the pay, the benefits, the incentives, the work events and team events. DO NOT take this job for Granted. The Halifax office is 5/5.

Huge company, lots of project but imcompetent management

Lots of learning and cutting edge technologies. Management is very unskilled and unprofessional. Unidirectional decisions. Huge organization with lots of opportunities inside.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

Good company but competitive and flexibility to adapt to new changes

Was good experience to meet many of professionals in the field. For better promotions, I found that it is very political. Work culture is great. I liked the people too

Very productive years while I worked there and I learned a lot.

Worked in the Global Communications department where there were a lot of interesting and varied projects across the organization. It was never boring!

Fast pace work environment

Need to be able to multi-task, and work with the public and client staff. Working with and interacting with the client staff and public is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Worked with a great team

I was on a complex project with many different work streams, which presented several unexpected challenges for everyone on the team. I enjoyed working with my team.

Excellent workplace

My time at Manulife was extremely valuable, I learned a lot during my two internships at Manulife. It is a great company, all the staffs are helpful and very patient. I look forward to working with Manulife again!

8 July 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement