Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Found 760 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Great team to work with.

Had a great time working there.Great trainer, team members and supervisors genuinely interested in your growth. Challenging work environment that will cause you to bring out the best in you.Had to leave cos i was a contract staff and needed a permanent job

Pros

Great team always ready and willing to help, nice work environment.

Cons

Could be super busy sometimes with back to back calls

10 September 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

Good to work

Good to work in Manulife Financial Services. Management is good. People are cooperative. Pay rates are decent. I strongly recommend if you get opportunity.

19 August 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Great place for an internship

My manager was very nice and people on my team went out of their way to help and teach me. A great internship experience that I highly recommend. Plus there is an optional case competition that is lots of fun.

19 August 2020

Environnemet de travail productif et agreable

Environnement de travail productif et agréable Je n ai pas encore maitrise la performance la langue de travail qui est l` anglais oral

Pros

Debriefing matinal

Cons

temps de stage court pour les nouveaux recrus

Great at place to work

I don't have any negatives to say with the regards to this employer. Benefits are good, culture is progressive for a large organization. My coworkers were amazing to work with also.

Very good environment

I love to work Manulife very plasent environment. Learning easily manager and supervisor are very much responsible. Very nice place to work. I am happy to work with Manulife again.

Plan Administration

Just be determined and ask questions! Team player and good work ethic and be prepared for a constant learning curve. Manulife is fair and understanding and allows you to be independent and outgoing. Has activities that allow you to have at work.

A great place to work

I had wonderful memories working at the bank. It's a much smaller bank than the others in the industry but it allowed everyone knew everyone. The leaders were extremely dedicated and committed to growing the bank.

Pros

People are down to earth and caring

1 March 2021

Cooperative work environment, clear accountabilities, transparent communication,

Clear project goals were communicated, interviewed by the AVP of Group Benefits, friendly and open minded individual, explained the project objectives, hard date timelines and reasons for those restraints, complement of project team discussed, which included existing full time staff and contract staff. Stakeholders were mainly Finance , as the project involved merging two General Ledger systems into one. Essentially , the project involved taking the Product Financial feeds and redirecting them to the new General Ledger System. Security Rules required rewriting, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly job runs required testing and balancing . Success of the project had two main deliveries, on time and balanced and signed off by the AVP / VP of Finance Group Benefits. Project met expectations.

Pros

Staff assigned to project were all subject matter experts in their field of expertise.

Cons

Limited Test environments, created challenges unexpected for Project Team

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Great place to work and further your career

I enjoyed working for Manulife Bank and trust. They were fair and caring of their employees. They offered work from home if you need it . Time off was not always available when you needed it as this was a call center environment and availability was determined on call volume. You could take the time you needed for personal appointments and make the time up before or after that time .Most people start with a job agency but soon became full time hires if they show they are able to perform the job well. In the building there is a full cafeteria with hot lunches and amazing coffee. Each floor also provides a kitchenette with access to Kurig machines and hot water for tea. security is always at the location and you are provided a badge for entry of the building, this gave me a personal sense of security. There are also cameras in the parking garage as well as the parking lot. All areas are well lit. All in all it is a great place to work and it offers many ways to enhance you work experience and advancement to further your career in banking.

Pros

lots of perks, pot lucks and reconition

Cons

for me it was to daily commute

Great Company

Manulife Philippines has a great environment environment and friendly personnels. They are the Number 1 in twrms of Market capital in the Philippines.

Pros

They have 67 critical illness free for their rider ECI which make them top for this criteria

Cons

Bit Expensive

8 July 2020

Manulife financial is a great place to work a very flexible life between job and family

Manulife financial is the place I will encourage people to work a place where there are no bosses but leaders a place where no matter how you look or where you are from everyone is equal. The value of employees is key to management and the working culture is excellent .manulife makes you feel part of a bigger family

Pros

Providing career advancement opportunities and

Cons

Too customers obsessed

nice environment

my experience at manulife was insightful and challenging as i was always learning something new. The environment of the workplace was pleasant as i had my own space.

Productive and fun

Great working environment. I love working at Manulife. The work culture at Manulife is great and the managers are very supportive. I would recommend working at Manulife.

Productive workplace

This company has a great environment that encourages an individual to focus more on his work. Results would be delivered on time if one works in this kind of environment.

1 March 2021

Not a bad place to work if you have the right management

Good while it lasted, it doesn't matter what you know. It's all about who you know! Your performance doesn't matter as much as if management likes you. So make sure you are aware.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Case Management Department needs attention

Work expectations don't align with your training. Trainers seem to think training is about them, and meeting their performance goals first then training the new employee. No focus attention to listening to the new employee, only on going through material. Unrealistic, expectations from management, especially new ones. I was working 2-3 hours nightly at home, and didn't meet expectations. Employees are very competitive, and very little sense that you are working together. Don't underestimate the greed of an insurance company! You would think a company like this would have these kind of things worked out, but it wasn't in my case.

modern building

a fast work environment but a friendly place to work at good team work great supervisor friendly personnal easy location to access secure place good salary

Productive and fun workplace

Unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed. Work that challenges and makes a difference within a flexible and supportive environment.Customer-centric culture, forward-thinking company, inspiring team. A career that brings challenge and opportunity through impactful, transformative and rewarding work.

Pros

Rewarding – those who exceed expectations are recognized, even in non-monetary ways, motivating, Innovative, autonomous, friendly...

Work/Life balance

Our team has a great culture of collaboration and we all have the permission to challenge the status quo, including what we do and how we manage our work/life balance to deliver quality work. Top management plays a key role in it.

8 July 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement