Manulife

Manulife Pay & benefits reviews

This company has great benefits, great management great coworkers. It's overall a pretty good gig. However the direction they're moving in is disastrous. They no longer care about their employees. They give you 10,000 per year for mental health services instead of making the job less stressful overall. They know people won't have time to actually use those services but they get to show off how much they care. They would rather stretch out the energy of their current workers as much as possible until they quit or move somewhere else, rather than just hire more people and create a better environment for the costing employees.If you stay in the call centre you can expect to get trained on advanced contracts within a year or two, and you'll only get the standard inflation based raise even though you now have to take more calls than before. They are stats focused, although it is only an issue if you're really struggling hard. Management seems like they're only there to get sat on by the higher ups. Upper management just makes decisions without any care in the world and then forces the supervisors and managers below to take the flak for it. They pretend to care without actually caring.They are moving toward a more traditional call centre environment eith contract workers instead of permanent employees. They don't want people sticking around because you're only valuable for the first year or two. After that you realise that "peak" season is actually just the entire year and you get super burnt out with no end in sight. Your only hope of enjoying Manulife is to get out of the call - more...
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, lots of vacation time, free coffee and stuff
Cons
Nonstop calls, high stakes calls (health insurance), stats pressure, constant peak hours, limited chances to take vacation, rotating shifts
5 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.
One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.
Pros
Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options
Cons
Trainers have actually not done the job
5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.
Great company culture, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance. Diverse and respectful employer, work from home an option. You are expected to work hard and be able to work in a team. Opportunities are national.
Pros
Bonus, good benefits, work from home, flexible hours
Cons
Lots of processes, meetings, slow to change, hierarchical
1 March 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.
it was fun working at Manulife, the years working there everyone became family instead of co-workers, team leaders and supervisors are always willing to help, plus lots of support tools to help get the job done
Pros
free thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, easy access with public transit, lots of place to have lunch
Cons
short breaks, huge building, no free parking
2 November 2020
Good to work in Manulife Financial Services. Management is good. People are cooperative. Pay rates are decent. I strongly recommend if you get opportunity.
19 August 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!
I don't have any negatives to say with the regards to this employer. Benefits are good, culture is progressive for a large organization. My coworkers were amazing to work with also.
1 March 2021
Clear project goals were communicated, interviewed by the AVP of Group Benefits, friendly and open minded individual, explained the project objectives, hard date timelines and reasons for those restraints, complement of project team discussed, which included existing full time staff and contract staff. Stakeholders were mainly Finance , as the project involved merging two General Ledger systems into one. Essentially , the project involved taking the Product Financial feeds and redirecting them to the new General Ledger System. Security Rules required rewriting, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly job runs required testing and balancing . Success of the project had two main deliveries, on time and balanced and signed off by the AVP / VP of Finance Group Benefits. Project met expectations.
Pros
Staff assigned to project were all subject matter experts in their field of expertise.
Cons
Limited Test environments, created challenges unexpected for Project Team
19 August 2020
a fast work environment but a friendly place to work at good team work great supervisor friendly personnal easy location to access secure place good salary
8 July 2020
Working at Manulife feels like being part of a family. The odd abrupt firing did happen, but for the most part job security is felt and you feel the leadership have interest in keeping employees happy and engaged. Lots of perks and benefits, from personal and mental health, to learning platforms. A great place to work overall.
8 July 2020
Manulife has a very good work culture and good work from home option. Nice benefits. Lots of learning opportunities and good opportunities to grow as technically. Especially Manulife University is a great opportunity to learn latest technologies.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to grow
Cons
Decisions change when there is a change in higher management
This is coming from someone who regretfully did poorly and got fired from Manulife. Working for this company is very rewarding. Everyone (including all Management) will treat you like family from day one. The job is demanding, but they provide you with everything you need to build a successful career there. I unfortunately was younger (22) and took this job and this company for granted. With the job experience and ethic that I have now - I would return to this company in an instant. The hardest part of this job was the heavy flow of calls, and needing to know the processes and terminology. The most enjoyable part of this job - the people, management, the training recourses, the hours, the pay, the benefits, the incentives, the work events and team events. DO NOT take this job for Granted. The Halifax office is 5/5.
With the introduction of work from home - less travel and minimal expenses daily compared to going to the office. There are advantages and disadvantages - during winter and bad weather , you don't need to report to the office. You missed the office environment though as less interactions with your colleagues.
Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.
8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.
Great place to work and people are really friendly. Great team, they are always ready to help. Also, coffee, tea are free. Every Friday there is breakfast. You will always find something to eat every day.
The environment is really nice and they accomodate you a lot, you have free coffee and games available to you at any time. It s a really friendly workplace.
8 July 2020
good training, like the hours. benefits are good. Good balance of work and family life. Great team-work. Good training and leaders / supervisors. Would work there again.
An easy commute to work with enjoyable people to work alongside. No career progression or compensation adjustments for successful and efficient employees. It does begin to take away ones motivation to do well and to not look at other career opportunities elsewhere.
8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.
I've worked for the company for 12 years. I've been able to move up (and laterally) to finally get into the right role for me. Unfortunately, the by-product of internal movement at Manulife is that there is no opportunity for significant salary growth. As a result, I have 12 years of work experience at one of the top companies in the financial sector, and I am vastly underpaid. It's a frustration I've had for a long time. Manulife simply doesn't pay me what I'm worth, and that is very de-motivating and difficult to square with the amount of work I put in on a daily basis, but also over my tenure. There are other ways I feel valued for my contribution, of course, unfortunately, fair compensation is not one of them.
8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience. If you would like to discuss further, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.
Group Retirement and insurance based company. Surrounded by very success driven people. Great benefits due to the nature of the business. Possibility of advancement.
8 July 2020
While I have referred a few people into Manulife for different positions, the work/ life balance is definitely an issue and they don't hire enough people for certain departments, which leads to stress on the employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
Stressful
8 July 2020
cant say enough good well treated well paid well respected awesome benefits & perks lots of opportunities to learn & take courses, sky is the limit really
Pros
lots of great lunches very often, friendly co workers
Cons
cant think of even 1 con!