Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews for Executive Assistant

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Good while it lasted... until they restructure

It’s tough when a big company buys another company and then they have to go through a personnel cut.We see this often today and it never gets easy. Complete culture change and adapting to new management takes a willingness to adapt and learn new things.

Official response from Manulife

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

I have worked Manulife Securities

Worked with Advisor over 6 years in St. Catharines as executive Assistant, enjoyed the office work and learned about the trades and rules of the trades , was a good job

Pros

Hour break for lunch

Official response from Manulife

4 January 2021

Fast paced work environment with a variety of work responsibilities

Working at Manulife Financial was very rewarding. I was exposed to a new business area and learned many new skills. I worked for the Legal and Compliance Department first, where I was treated more as a paralegal than an administrative assistant. I was was being trained to support the lawyers directly as well as managing their office. For the VP of Compliance, I was eventually put in charge of several very important compliance activities. As the Executive Assistant to the VP of Investor Relations, I was trusted with multiple important and exacting tasks ranging from budget preparation and reconciliation, organization of marketing trips and coordinating with other VPs for those trips, office tasks, the creation to presentation materials, etc. The job was hard but rewarding and at times required long hours, but the outcome was worth it.

Awesome Company

Awesome Company to work for. This is a company that has many things going for it. They promote work/life balance and stick by it! They promote people that deserve to be promoted.

Pros

flexible work structure

Cons

semi monthly pay

There is no typical day

There is no typical day as an EA, you must always be ready to respond to the needs and wants of your team. You must also be able to anticipate what is coming down the pipeline in order to head off problems before they become problems.

Pros

good work life balence

Amazing learning abilities for entry level employees

I was new to this industry so this entry level position gave me the opportunity to learn new things and advance my skills as a administrative professional. Although this is a great starting position this branch does not have any room for growth as an individual with the business.

Pros

Always learning something new everyday.

Cons

No room for growth.

I enjoyed my time there

Great place to work. I worked in. A great department with great people. It's just too bad my contract was cut short.

Excellent opportunity to manage a branch location.

In this position I had the opportunity to complete the Advisor's required submissions to the Dealer. Previous employment with Manulife Securities was on the receiving end of the branch paperwork required by Head Office (the Dealership)

Pros

enhanced my skill set

Cons

travel was too lengthy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement