Manulife logo
Manulife
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife Employee Reviews for Developmental Disabilities Case Manager

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Flexible hours and ability to work from home. Requires the ability to learn new process and systems quickly. Fast pace and stressful work environment.

Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

Confusing place to working

If you're the favourite of management then you do okay and are heavily rewarded. The rest get the work and caseload piled high. Lack of communication and support from management but the company claims to care.

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Mixed Feelings

My experience started off really well, until there was a change in Senior Management. My immediate manager was great though. The job was great to start as well, but as time progressed, I noticed that the turnover also increased leading to the workload significantly increasing and the expectations becoming unrealistic. The coworkers in Calgary were great too, but there were certain individuals at the other offices who made the overall experience toxic

17 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Old Boy's Club

They're cheap - they pay far less than what one would expect for this job, but they think they're being magnanimous. Males are paid more than females and are quite literally handed positions; females are discouraged to apply for higher positions - but when management is asked about it, the response is: "Well, I wasn't there, I can't speak for so-and-so's actions". Benefits are decent if you can get permanent. Some work from home allowed; considering job is all computer work, fully digital files/paperless and no face-to-face meetings are required, there is no good reason to not offer fully remote-work-from-home. Some management can be condescending some of the time, but that is to be expected.

Pros

Occasional Work from Home, decent benefits if you are permanent

Cons

Old Boy's Club

Very Process and Numbers Driven

It is somewhat difficult to advance within this company unless you know someone. If you encounter someone who does not wish for you to advance, they will make it impossible for you. While the work from home and work life balance is great, the expectations placed on individuals is unattainable and can be a great cause of stress.

A great work environment, which challenges you everyday.

Learnt the skills to apply to short and long term disability case management, while working in a team environment. Assessing complex claims, utilizing medical and the essential duties of their own or any occupation.

N/a

I had worked with Manulife for a number of years and although I was constantly pursuing career advancements and taking courses to do so, it was possible. Company is good in every aspect

Micromanaged and Difficult to advance career

I had worked with Manulife for a number of years and although I was constantly pursuing career advancements and taking courses to do so, it was near impossible. The company itself hires non-employees before they take internal applications because of salary expectations. In addition, salary levels were difficult to advance even with a new role due to ranges and lateral moves. Otherwise, I met some great people, they had a wonderful work-life balance and cafeteria was good.

Pros

Good cafeteria, nice people, good benefits

Cons

Non competative salaries, unsupported by HR, minimal promotional opportunities

Was pretty good and people are great

This was a challenging work place but overall pretty supportive place to work. The people are great and the job is a challenging but also can be rewarding one.

productive and fun workplace

The workplace culture and the management team are very good. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I wish I had more training on the job I applied for. The work volume fluctuates on a daily basis. There is no cafeteria in the office. Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

Pros

work envvironment

Cons

lack of training provided

great management that focuses on bettering thier employees

for the two years that with worked with Manulife, I was supported in my career as well as my educational aspirations. They provided me with ample coaching to perform the job I was hired to do and was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had working

Pros

Great management, good people and strong focus on work life balance

Cons

seniority structure for promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement