Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Productive and rewarding place to work

A typical day at Manulife receiving incoming calls from customers and making out bound calls where required. Its great having a rapport with the customers and advising them of company products. Management and work culture is great and very supportive in all areas of work also opportunities to grow within the company. i would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and developing a relationship with them as part of the service. I would highly recommend this company to anyone for employment.

Pros

Pay is always on time

Job Security? NO!

One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.

Pros

Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options

Cons

Trainers have actually not done the job

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Great team to work with.

Had a great time working there.Great trainer, team members and supervisors genuinely interested in your growth. Challenging work environment that will cause you to bring out the best in you.Had to leave cos i was a contract staff and needed a permanent job

Pros

Great team always ready and willing to help, nice work environment.

Cons

Could be super busy sometimes with back to back calls

10 September 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

Plan Administration

Just be determined and ask questions! Team player and good work ethic and be prepared for a constant learning curve. Manulife is fair and understanding and allows you to be independent and outgoing. Has activities that allow you to have at work.

19 August 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Great place to work and further your career

I enjoyed working for Manulife Bank and trust. They were fair and caring of their employees. They offered work from home if you need it . Time off was not always available when you needed it as this was a call center environment and availability was determined on call volume. You could take the time you needed for personal appointments and make the time up before or after that time .Most people start with a job agency but soon became full time hires if they show they are able to perform the job well. In the building there is a full cafeteria with hot lunches and amazing coffee. Each floor also provides a kitchenette with access to Kurig machines and hot water for tea. security is always at the location and you are provided a badge for entry of the building, this gave me a personal sense of security. There are also cameras in the parking garage as well as the parking lot. All areas are well lit. All in all it is a great place to work and it offers many ways to enhance you work experience and advancement to further your career in banking.

Pros

lots of perks, pot lucks and reconition

Cons

for me it was to daily commute

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

modern building

a fast work environment but a friendly place to work at good team work great supervisor friendly personnal easy location to access secure place good salary

8 July 2020

This company is an incredible company to work for.

This is coming from someone who regretfully did poorly and got fired from Manulife. Working for this company is very rewarding. Everyone (including all Management) will treat you like family from day one. The job is demanding, but they provide you with everything you need to build a successful career there. I unfortunately was younger (22) and took this job and this company for granted. With the job experience and ethic that I have now - I would return to this company in an instant. The hardest part of this job was the heavy flow of calls, and needing to know the processes and terminology. The most enjoyable part of this job - the people, management, the training recourses, the hours, the pay, the benefits, the incentives, the work events and team events. DO NOT take this job for Granted. The Halifax office is 5/5.

Horrible place to work

Very stressful, low paying, horrible place to work - manager was very cold hearted - lots of favoritism - off shore processors make huge errors and it’s the CSR’s that get to handle the front lines - everything is back logged but you can’t say that to customers

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Stressful call centre environment

I was in a call centre position, even though my education and training was better suited to other positions within the company. The company does not seem too concerned about putting the right people in the right job, so the call centre environment had a lot of turn over.

Great pace to work

Manulife was a wonderful place to work. Managers were very helpful when assistance was required, encouraging and a great work/home balance. Work from home options available.

Jobs at Manulife

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Productive workplace

There isn't much to say that would be different than any other inbound customer service job. There are some very good days, but also very bad days. Fast turn-around.

Stay away no matter how tempting it “ appears”

When you are first hired , you truly believe the BS they tell you . I thought it was a great company to work for initially . Management is the worst I have ever seen at any company . You will think things are going great and they will FIRE you by telephone !! It’s a revolving hire/fire company . No job security and you are treated less than human . Stay away !

No impressed

I think they terminate for invalid reasons. Really screwed me over I hope no one goes through what I went through They choose favorites. When they terminate you they never give you the reason why face to face.

Great teams

Diverse working environment. Opportunities available consistently allowing for career growth. Opportunities for relocation are also available. Given opportunities to upgrade your education.

enjoyed working here

a good working experience, helpful and good team management

Pros

free lunches, good team work, lots of help

Cons

very busy

Lackluster Employer

You're a number here, and only as good to them as they see at the moment in my experience. I had heard this in the past from past co-workers, and from personal friends, but experienced it first hand.Training is inadequate, and they throw you to the wolves as quickly as they deem convenient for themselves and their queues. They reward the reps who give faulty information and take less time on the phones, versus actually addressing customers real concerns, and striving for first call resolution. I can't tell you how many times I had to fix errors from previous reps.If you have any disabilities other than visible (wheelchair, blind, etc.), good luck.

Poor timing and a bad situation

If you thrive in a call centre environment and enjoy talking to people this is a great job. However, it is very solitary work and most of the time you will find that you are on your own, there is no team atmosphere. The middle and lower management are great and they are often looking to assist you any way possible but the senior management is so disconnected from the call centre and the customer that their "customercentric" identity that they are striving for it really is only hindered by them. In this company there are people who really care for the company and the customers who support it. The unfortunate thing is that the senior management is so disconnected that they do not see or appreciate these individuals, like the call centre reps, who work tirelessly day after day to provide their customers with truly great customer services.

Pros

Great facilities, Benefits are good and vacation time is great as well

Cons

Senior management is discontented, upward movement in the company is difficult, claim for additional training to assist in career advancement but there is little available as a CSP

Not great...

Nice office. Elevators break a lot. Was trained and than let go without warning due to no calls. Free coffee is a plus. I would of liked it more if I didn’t have to walk on egg shells working there .

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Contract work suck

Customer Service Professional aka call centre (D2D banking & investment)

Honestly, not the best company to work at when it comes to being the bank teller. Manulife customers are so racist in an obvious way on the phone. I’ve had lots of clients hanging up on me just because of my name or saying slowly “do you understand what I’m saying?” just because I have an accent. I have studied in Canada my university life for 5 years and then a Manulife customer comes and disrespects me like that as if I just came to be a bank teller from the steers without getting any sort of training. Also, when you hesitate a little bit on the phone customers will be rude to you as if you just rolled out of your mom’s uterus knowing how to do banking. The whole experience was just feeling like a slave to be honest. You get lectured if you are over your break even for 2 min or leaving work 5 min early. Whoever on a contract is not treated with respect from agency, Manulife or customers. Disregard all of the good comments about Manulife, I’m telling you here the ugly truth that you will see once you’re inside the company. They’ve got a white board that reads “Share your humanity” that they don’t even share with their employees in any way. I feel free and happy after leaving this job, it was a nightmare to me and I left by choice. I was honest to my supervisor the day I left, it’s the customers that make people leave this job. Manulife customers don’t have respect to client representatives in any way unlike other banks. The other banks such as TD or RBC and so on are given respect because they are huge corporations and they already have their reputation that’s why their -

Pros

Cafeteria food

Cons

Customers, employers, favoured individuals, hypocrisy, no humanity, timecard, disrespect, unworthy

Productive and fun environment

You take calls from members that have an insurance coverage, and answer their various questions. The hardest part is dealing with hard headed individuals that refuse to accept certain things the way they are. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers, different culture and the skills you acquire to better manage your time.

Big Regret

I do not find this company true to their words. Integrity and honesty are lacking. Based on what happened to me I think their company motto is "Promises are meant to be broken." They do not know how to take responsibility of their actions.

Pros

Nice building

Cons

Unstable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement