Manulife logo
Manulife
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife Employee Reviews for Business Systems Analyst

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Constant change in the organization

There is always change in org structure with many of the senior leadership leaving. It was tough to move forward with large projects. \Co workers where great and we did do a lot of team building events

It was ok

Not sure if my review would be relevant as I believe the culture has probably changed over the years. The first year was great. Interesting projects. Left mainly due to desire to switch to contract work.

Great place for co-op

- Management care about the growth and progress of co-op student. - Innovation challenge provides an opportunity for co-op students to work and grow together.

Restructuring after restructuring

I found lack of leadership during difficult time of restructuring organization. Overall environment is toxic due to fact that people were afraid to lose their jobs.

Pros

Good employee cafeteria

Cons

Toxic environment

Is an interesting place, and able to learn the insurance market.

Manulife is an interesting place to work. The group is nice, and everyone is willing to exchange experiences, so you can learn a lot regarding to specific.

Pros

Received Service Excellence Award

Fun and flexible environment

It is great company to work for. Employees benefits and flexible work environment. Sometimes work would be hectic as projects need to meet stringent deadlines.

Productive, Supportive environment and awesome workplace

Its been a great experience at Manulife with an awesome team and management. Helps build your technical skills and provides with the opportunity to learn and enhance your skills.

Flexible and location in Toronto was great

Unfortunately my job moved to Waterloo and commuting was not an option for me. I enjoyed the job I held and the people I worked with. I had a good variety of things to do and was kept busy.

Manulife Financial

Working at Manulife Financial has been wonderful experience. I have been there for 8 years. I have had been promoted to the Business Analyst position.

Good company to work for, good work life balance. Very helpful peers. A lot of opportunity to grow within the organization. Some traveling is involved.

Jobs at Manulife

Business Systems Analyst positions
See more jobs

Hectic environment

Lack of mature leadership, allowing long time contractors to manage and lead very experienced senior analysts and developers.

Pros

allowing employees to work from home.

Team Based Environment

I have always enjoyed working at Manulife. There are many opportunities for advancement, pay is fair, and the team members are fun to work with. Lots of flexibility and focus on work/life balance.

Good but not great

Government pace of work. Lots of bureaucracy and politics.

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Low work and team spirit.

Great ORIGINAL Co-workers

Loyalty to the company (aka old elephants) in no longer an asset, Honest opinion is not the best policy, pro-active gets you in trouble, Some Street management style is "my way or the highway" States. Outsourcing is bad, since if projects fails, the resident employee is held accountable and not the outsource company. Extreme changes in technology, either technology upgrades is waited till the last minute, or biting more than can be chewed on newer ones.

Pros

Long Hours if you don't want to go home

Cons

Long hours if you want to go home

Good for telecommuting

Develop testing strategies. Performed Competitive Analysis. Learned Competitors' Life Insurance products. Management allowed me to be self managed, so little interaction. Co-workers relied heavily on my results. Many co-workers received great accolades and rewards with my help. Hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job was finding solutions for competitor analysis

Pros

Telecommuting

Fun workplace

A typical day is spent on working on scheduled tasks / releases and communicating with business for potential projects / analysis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement