Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,303 reviews

productive

at this company a day starts t 9am and ends at 5pm it is great , it is a sensational place to work , evertyone is professional and concise very helpful i

Growing environment

I started with Manulife as a claims adjudicator and ended as a Business Analyst. There was many opportunities to continually advance in your career with Manulife.

fast pace environment

More opportunity for growth in continuous improvement in ones career path. great environment to work from home and make decent salary while improving your career

Lots of Changes coming in 2018

The company appears to be moving in the right direction, away from a focus on insurance and towards core capabilities in financial investments and technology.

They are going through a massive restructure

They are going through a massive restructure right now where they are letting people go on a regular basis that have a long tenure with the company...

Employed for 22 years

Company allowed me to advance my career and worked with me to develop my business and personal skill sets. Manulife supported me with a good work/homelife balance.

Opporunities

- Many areas and functions within the company so opportunities to learn, grow, and advance in many career streams. - Very structured environment - Structure has impaired some job search opportunities with companies looking for people who are flexible, causing emphasis to be given on company environment rather than personality of applicant.

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

Structure can inhibit opportunities with companies with a more dynamic environment

Great people, Interesting work, hard deadlines

Working at Manulife was great. There were many changes happening all the time (i.e., regulations would change constantly, and there are so many jurisdictions, it was sometimes tough to keep it all straight). Manulife provided wonderful training and exceptional support to staff. The people were mostly positive and management really provided support when it's needed. Sometimes, however, at quarter/year end or when the project deadline is coming up, you have to stay until the work is done. as long as you are not working on multiple projects that finish at the same time, you should be fine. It was a great time, though, I was able to move to many different positions while I was there.

Pros

Great people and opportunities

Cons

Sometimes you work all night to make your deadline

Intenal process respond to customer needs

Manulife Financial is owned by its customers and internal process are driven by the marketing organization. Its internal processes reflect this dependency and internal management is organized to respond to its customer needs.

Pros

Located in central Toronto with ease of access to transit facilities and automobile parking.

Cons

The Corporate culture is driven my the Mrketing organization.

Working at Manulife was a good experience that enabled me to grow as an employee as well as an individual. The level of trust and support from team members as well as team leads helped me express myself.

Jobs at Manulife

Business Analyst positions
See more jobs

It was a great experience

It was a great experience. I was very lucky to work there, its a great place to work. I wish them all the future success. The hours are great, it is very professional, and its a supportive environment.

I would encourage anyone to work for Manulife

Manulife is an excellent company to work for. They have a balanced work to life program in place that includes work from home options. They are very fair and competitive within the market with concerns to both salary and benefits.

Loved and enjoyed working for Manulife Financial

Manulife is a agreat company to work for and be working in for 8 hours a day. The Management team and staff are great and the workflow is doable.

having fun at work place

its a pretty cool place..you will be relieved but doing duties on time..

Pros

good company to work with

Cons

not much

Lots of documentation to update, very long and old processes, Nice people.

Organization design the last year has been hard on every team of the company since moving and shifting creates anxiety in a production level making that the enviroment a little tense, but the people here at your same level is fine, I guess every one is living and paddle in the same boat. The hardest part for the job is actually all those moves making documentaiton incomplete, outdated processes and not reliable. As BA, that is a hard task but also in the same time is a great opportunity to test your strategy and build your experience, and help your users to have a better application and a easy way to do their job. The most enjoyable is the fact that you can work from home make that flexible to compensate work and personal life.

Pros

working from home

Cons

Continue Organization design

Weekly brunch ordered by our project manager

I would be assigned multiple projects by my project manager through a ticketing system once the request for change was initiated by a person. Once the project was assigned to me, I would go to SMEs and gather requirements and ask them questions about the details of new business process. Mostly, I would go to interview clients with senior business Analyst. I learned alot from her as she taught me tips and trick on how to become a subject matter expert yourself once you discuss requirements with clients.

Pros

Location - Downtown, 10 am start

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Manulife with

• Manulife
  • Business Analyst
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?