Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews for Banking Consultant

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Loved the product an position

Would have stayed except for the mortgage meltdown of 2007.Never had a funner position! Football games in Seattle for top sales in Canada!Best time ever!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Longer hours

Official response from Manulife

1 March 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Great people

As a self employed Banking Consultant I enjoyed the challenges as well as helping people achieve their goal in finding and financing their dream home.

Pros

meeting people

Cons

Woke up first thing in the morning, checked my to do list and prioritized everything in importance.

Manulife Bank and Trust taught me so much in business, mortgages, customer service and going above and beyond to adhere to the clients needs.

Pros

Great Training

Cons

Poor pay structure as I used my own vehicle and home and had to pay for everything.

Great place to work at

Manulife Bank is a great company to work for. The company benefits are great, the culture is fantastic and the people who work here are awesome.

Pros

corporate culture

Cons

challenge in the industry

Incredible Company with incredible solutions

As a banking consultant I manage a portfolio of 250-300 financial advisor's, I assist the advisor's and their clients on a daily basis with their financial needs and to help them obtain their goals. I came from a mortgage broker background. I maintain client relationships all over the country.

Pros

work from home

Fullfilling, rewarding and highly enjoyable. I was my own man.

The Bank is a very satisfying place to work at.My typical day started by reviewing my spread sheet to see the priorities I had organized. Followed by phone calls on routine issues. Next, I made calls to confirm appointments one or two days in advance. In the afternoon and early evening I attended client and/or prospect meetings.A part of the day was dedicated to marketing. I called on contacts in the hard market, endavoured to get leads in the soft market and did cold calling.I learned organizing crowded days. I learned marketing. I took a number of books from the library and studied or updated myself on the subject. I enjoye dealing with people, the key is: listen, listen and listen!Management was highly supportive, without being hard handed. The co-workers were without exception, helpful and many beacame friends.The hardest part of the job was to deal with declines. At times I was able to find alternative solutions.The most enjoyable part of my job, was the "thank you's" I received from satisfied clients in the form of many refrrals to their relatives, friends and co-workers. I even receive yearly birthday cards from a few clients.

Pros

excellent benefit plan and indevidual recognition on a national basis for outstanding performance.

Cons

the work load is high, because working from home - my days at times became seven am to tenpm.

Great Company

Great place to work. Lots of great sales training and support on day to day activities.

Interesting mix of sales opportunities

Typical sales position.Sales focused positionWork out of a home office

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manulife?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement