Manulife logo
Manulife
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife Employee Reviews for Administrator

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Relaxed atmosphere and lots of work

Never a dull day at Manulife. Nice people, I got along with everyone there. It was very easy to talk to anyone there. I would say mostly my concerns were addressed and everyone came together to help me. I would also help others when I could. My manager was very helpful and I enjoyed having her as a boss.

Pros

Lots of work, rarely bored, nice co-workers

Cons

Long hours and quite stressful

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Not a good work environment

The worst department I’d ever worked in. It caused me a lot of headaches.. I do believe overall Manulife could be a good place to work depending on the department you work in, however most I’ve asked either quit or had a negative experience.

Pros

Cons

Work environment/culture, low pay, unnecessarily stressful

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Great place to be

it was fun working at Manulife, the years working there everyone became family instead of co-workers, team leaders and supervisors are always willing to help, plus lots of support tools to help get the job done

Pros

free thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, easy access with public transit, lots of place to have lunch

Cons

short breaks, huge building, no free parking

2 November 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

great place to work

i loved working at manulife. met alot of awesome people and there was always something new to learn. Great co workers and got to move around in the company.

8 July 2020

Solid company with good work life balance.

Good company with room for advancement. Updated technology and a focus on work life balance. Supports the community. Managers are helpful and try to assist in your success.

Typical corporate giant

Lots of turnover, have to justify your existence all the time, management may not be in the same province. Most jobs except call centres will have a stable schedule Monday-Friday. Good health benefits, pension etc. Lots of different jobs under one roof so room for lateral advancement anyway. If you have a thick skin and don't mind fear of layoffs the benefits are very good.

Pros

Lots of benefits

Cons

Management actively tries to have you outsourced

if you plan on having a family i wouldnt work here

i was told i may miss time once i had finally told them i was pregnant they terminated me for possibly missing time They claim to care for their employees but not every department is that way unfortunately id never go back.

productive and fun workplace

I enjoy working at Manulife. People around you are very friendly including your director. Some company the directors and CEO doesnt know they employees but at Manulife they know you.

Please see resume

I work the resume to reflect these very questions in my resume. I worked very hard, I volunteered and participated in many activities. Please see resume.

I liked working there

There is lots of opportunity to move around, but they've been cutting jobs the last few years. People used to stay there long term, but job security is low now.

Pros

Big company

Cons

job cuts

Jobs at Manulife

Administrator positions
See more jobs

It is a great place to work, loved it. Friendly staff, friendly environment, they allow you to run with a project. Overall was very happy working there.

Pros

Fun empowerment

Cons

Job security

Good learning environment

Typical day at work entails, printing and mailing of all Titles and Policy Change documents required to communicate with advisors and clients. Compliance and privacy Workplace culture is very decent. .

Pros

Free lunches abd time off when needed

mutual fund company

I was a contract work at Manulife Mutual Funds. It's a great company with nice location in downtown Toronto. Due to economic downturn, there wasn't enough work for all staff so I was let go after 8 months.

Good Company to work for.

Team Player. Friendly environment Workplace safety is administered Learned a lot about the Insurance industry like benefits, policies. Co workers are always willing to help out each other with deadlines to meet.

Interactive Summer Student Position

This was a great summer student position that allowed me to learn crucial information about the medical and disability fields. I worked hand in hand with the medical team to oversee long term disability cases as well as work on different projects that enhanced my computer and administrative skills. The management levels are well organized and try to incorporate every employees best skills.

A good all rounded organization to work for

The morning is easy going in the initial stages then it picks up quickly and the remaining day is engaging I learned the nitty-gritty aspects of insurance Cool Management They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult Friendly Atmosphere

Pros

Nice Cafeteria

Financial Sector

Learned about the investments market and how it works for Manulife to make them successful

Great Company

The Company as a whole is great, The Management is what sucks as they are suppose to encourage employees and promote a healthy work environment. Instead they make you feel like a child and take every opportunity to show it

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits and Vacation

Hated the corporate culture

Found company to be over ran with nepotism, coporate politics allowed for most deserving employees to be overlooked for advancement

Pros

good benefits

Cons

too much nepotism

I enjoyed working in this company

productive and fun placeI learned a lot in this company,NEW SYSTEMS,SCANNING,employee oriented

Pros

i enjoyed and love my job and working in maunulife financial

new office with all the amenities to make working comfortable

new office - on bus route - great amenities (cafeteria, area to heat up food, cooked food etc), facilities were new and modern, cubicles were ergonomic for your working comfortgreat bunch of people, had a great respect for their employeesgood pay and benefitsjust a great place to work

Pros

ergonomic working environment, great benefits great people to work with

Cons

nothing i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement