Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

Official response from Manulife

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

High volumes daily with tight deadlines

average workplace with some flexibility work/home currently many changes so job security is unknown downsizing and outsourcing to overseas manual tasks changing to digital

Official response from Manulife

8 July 2020

very positive environment

It is a typical office work place. It is a small team. I learnt to work under pressure and respect for the people that i worked with even when we had different opinions.

Pros

best bonuses

Cons

short breaks

Great company to work for, excellent benefits

Typical day was any kind of administrative request thst came up. For US division had to make travel plans for Regional Managers so was fun to coordinate as had in-house travel agency. Lot of variety in daily requests. Building and amenities were amazing, eg. had in the building a cafeteria but w excellent food choices and close to restaurants and transit.

Pros

Excellent benefits and terrific working environment

Cons

Long commute as moved out of city

Enjoy working at Manulife

Enjoy working at Manulife. People are great that I work with. Many opportunities in different departments. The work hours are reasonable and the benefits are good.

Professional and hardworking environment

Working at Manulife has been an amazing experience - I have learnt and developed my skills as well as I have met great colleges and professionals. It´s been an honour.

A good place to work but no room for advancement

Great people to work with. Lack of proper trainings from HO. I've learned a lot from working here but the job does not compensate well. Management is all new so they're still trying to figure things out.

Clean and efficient running business

The company ran very efficiently and proper procedures were strictly placed and followed. Small company making it easy to have a friendly and family like connection with clients. Company has room to grow giving great opportunities.

Pros

Great client relationships, salary

Cons

Benefit plans

Many departments to move around to gain lots of experience

Great place to work with lots of opportunity for hard working people. Management truly values individual contributions and the rewards are based upon individual contributions and successes. The more you achieve, the better the rewards.

Pros

Great loaction

Cons

There are no cons

Should treat employees the same as customers

Work life balance was great, compensation is good as well. I didn't care for some middle managers including their bullying, attitude and management style. I met some great people there. Job security is not great regardless of how long you have been there.

Jobs at Manulife

Administrative Assistant positions
See more jobs

Huge Company with plenty of opportunities to grow

Great company to work at, but sometimes it is just too huge to work at. Good company to work when you are starting out on your career. And plenty of opportunities.

It's a very interesting position. Meet interesting people all day.

Manulife Securities is a very large company that is an exciting place to work. I have learned quite a variety of new and interesting things.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No benefits

Great co workers and environment

Answering phones, helping customers, taking payments, over the phone quotes.

Great salary and benefits

I was there through an agency on a temporary contract in a department that was becoming obsolete and therefore I knew well in advance that it was only a temporary, contract position. The job was very repetitive, sitting all day in front of a computer, however, it was a nice work environment and I was paid well, treated well.

Small office. Good people to work with and a good environment.

Quiet and productive office environment

An office filled with hard-working, confident, and focused individuals - the perfect place to keep your mind on track. Fun personalities who are more than welcoming to everyone. Not once have I experienced a negative vibe in this office. Management is very understanding and approachable.

Pros

Great employee moral, incentive activities, volunteer and team building events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement