Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

Found 140 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

they have alot of old school folks working changes are very slow

the interview was pretty straightforward, the question focuses more on the ability how to handle customers by going thru different scenarios and lasted about 30 minutes. there was some basic technical question nothing to be feared.

5 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Relaxed atmosphere and lots of work

Never a dull day at Manulife. Nice people, I got along with everyone there. It was very easy to talk to anyone there. I would say mostly my concerns were addressed and everyone came together to help me. I would also help others when I could. My manager was very helpful and I enjoyed having her as a boss.

Pros

Lots of work, rarely bored, nice co-workers

Cons

Long hours and quite stressful

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Great place for an internship

My manager was very nice and people on my team went out of their way to help and teach me. A great internship experience that I highly recommend. Plus there is an optional case competition that is lots of fun.

19 August 2020

Great at place to work

I don't have any negatives to say with the regards to this employer. Benefits are good, culture is progressive for a large organization. My coworkers were amazing to work with also.

A great place to work

I had wonderful memories working at the bank. It's a much smaller bank than the others in the industry but it allowed everyone knew everyone. The leaders were extremely dedicated and committed to growing the bank.

Pros

People are down to earth and caring

1 March 2021

Cooperative work environment, clear accountabilities, transparent communication,

Clear project goals were communicated, interviewed by the AVP of Group Benefits, friendly and open minded individual, explained the project objectives, hard date timelines and reasons for those restraints, complement of project team discussed, which included existing full time staff and contract staff. Stakeholders were mainly Finance , as the project involved merging two General Ledger systems into one. Essentially , the project involved taking the Product Financial feeds and redirecting them to the new General Ledger System. Security Rules required rewriting, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly job runs required testing and balancing . Success of the project had two main deliveries, on time and balanced and signed off by the AVP / VP of Finance Group Benefits. Project met expectations.

Pros

Staff assigned to project were all subject matter experts in their field of expertise.

Cons

Limited Test environments, created challenges unexpected for Project Team

19 August 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Productive and fun

Great working environment. I love working at Manulife. The work culture at Manulife is great and the managers are very supportive. I would recommend working at Manulife.

Productive and fun workplace

Unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed. Work that challenges and makes a difference within a flexible and supportive environment.Customer-centric culture, forward-thinking company, inspiring team. A career that brings challenge and opportunity through impactful, transformative and rewarding work.

Pros

Rewarding – those who exceed expectations are recognized, even in non-monetary ways, motivating, Innovative, autonomous, friendly...

Manulife Group Benefits

Manulife is a large company. All business units work separately. I loved the overall culture of the company, but the area in which I worked did not seem to embody the work ethos the company was aiming for.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

Constant change but opportunities to learn

Manulife can offer a lot of learning opportunities for people. An increasingly global view is something that few organizations with historical roots in Canada can offer.

Jobs at Manulife

in Waterloo, ON
See more jobs

Great place to work, a collaborative work culture

Working at Manulife feels like being part of a family. The odd abrupt firing did happen, but for the most part job security is felt and you feel the leadership have interest in keeping employees happy and engaged. Lots of perks and benefits, from personal and mental health, to learning platforms. A great place to work overall.

8 July 2020

Productive and Competitive place to work

Manulife has a very good work culture and good work from home option. Nice benefits. Lots of learning opportunities and good opportunities to grow as technically. Especially Manulife University is a great opportunity to learn latest technologies.

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

Decisions change when there is a change in higher management

Great Work-Life Balance

Very encouraging of work from home practices and encourages work/life balance. Training resources for some teams are lacking and could be a little more established.

8 July 2020

Thankful for my time there

I was thankful for my time at Manulife. It encouraged me to be diligent in my work. I learned more about myself as well. Especially that it's important not to do things just for the money. There is no profit in losing your soul for something that can be taken from you in an instant.

Horrible place to work

Very stressful, low paying, horrible place to work - manager was very cold hearted - lots of favoritism - off shore processors make huge errors and it’s the CSR’s that get to handle the front lines - everything is back logged but you can’t say that to customers

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

They want your firstborn but pay well

This company used to care about its employees but now just worries about the bottom line. It's a dog eat dog culture with lots of pet employees that smile at you one day and stab you in the back the next if it gets them further ahead. Work from home culture which is great but the unreal work demands are excessive for the amount of time you have and the expectations of the role, especially when plans change on a dime but you aren't given time to adapt.

8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Manulife is a large life insurance company and has good actuarial rotation program. Employees could get exposure to different teams by participating in that program.

Fast paced environment

Going through a lot of change right now but they have flexible work environment which is great. The direction that the company is heading in is positive.

8 July 2020
Your feedback is important to us as we look to provide a positive candidate experience to all throughout the selection and hiring process.

Stressful Work Environment

Manulife is a large organization which continues to go through reorganizations. This leaves the staff wondering about their jobs and future. While the company emphasizes moving departments, in practice this is easier said than done. Manulife is a generous organization financially to their employees, just with they would gave more consideration to employees mental wellbeing.

Friendly environment

An easy commute to work with enjoyable people to work alongside. No career progression or compensation adjustments for successful and efficient employees. It does begin to take away ones motivation to do well and to not look at other career opportunities elsewhere.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Seems Great on the Outside

company promotes employee engagement, wellness, career advancement, and while that is true on the surface, the leadership from Middle Management and up, are not aligned to the employees actually doing the work and facing the obstacles. When approached by a team relaying difficulties with a task/target, management diverts which makes team feel unheard, leads to poor work/life balance and high turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement