Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 286 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Productive and rewarding place to work

A typical day at Manulife receiving incoming calls from customers and making out bound calls where required. Its great having a rapport with the customers and advising them of company products. Management and work culture is great and very supportive in all areas of work also opportunities to grow within the company. i would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and developing a relationship with them as part of the service. I would highly recommend this company to anyone for employment.

Pros

Pay is always on time

work/life balance....

promotes work/life balance but there really isn't any. It all depends on your manager. Company is too top heavy, not enough employees in the groups, creating overload.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

long hours, terrible management

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Not a good work environment

The worst department I’d ever worked in. It caused me a lot of headaches.. I do believe overall Manulife could be a good place to work depending on the department you work in, however most I’ve asked either quit or had a negative experience.

Pros

Cons

Work environment/culture, low pay, unnecessarily stressful

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Good to work

Good to work in Manulife Financial Services. Management is good. People are cooperative. Pay rates are decent. I strongly recommend if you get opportunity.

19 August 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Very good environment

I love to work Manulife very plasent environment. Learning easily manager and supervisor are very much responsible. Very nice place to work. I am happy to work with Manulife again.

19 August 2020

Productive workplace

This company has a great environment that encourages an individual to focus more on his work. Results would be delivered on time if one works in this kind of environment.

1 March 2021

Not a bad place to work if you have the right management

Good while it lasted, it doesn't matter what you know. It's all about who you know! Your performance doesn't matter as much as if management likes you. So make sure you are aware.

8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Work/Life balance

Our team has a great culture of collaboration and we all have the permission to challenge the status quo, including what we do and how we manage our work/life balance to deliver quality work. Top management plays a key role in it.

Very demanding

Very demanding place to work. Turnover of management and staff is high. Good growth opportunities, however processes are being outsourced or offshored.

Jobs at Manulife

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Great team to work with

It was my great experiences to work with the conference team. Was dealing directly with the President, CFO, COO and other executives daily. Based on the meeting time and location our team used pre set all the conference equipment, working with IT team to set the room. Communicating with the Client regarding the days activities.

Big Company, Lots of Opportunity

Manulife is one of the few true Canadian MNCs. Lots of opportunities to work in new areas and try new things. The global team is very professional and focused. Canadian division tends to be unfocused, poorly performing.

Pros

Good work life balance. Transformation minded executive leadership.

Cons

Matrix can be complex and convoluted.

8 July 2020

Huge company, lots of project but imcompetent management

Lots of learning and cutting edge technologies. Management is very unskilled and unprofessional. Unidirectional decisions. Huge organization with lots of opportunities inside.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

Good company but competitive and flexibility to adapt to new changes

Was good experience to meet many of professionals in the field. For better promotions, I found that it is very political. Work culture is great. I liked the people too

Very productive years while I worked there and I learned a lot.

Worked in the Global Communications department where there were a lot of interesting and varied projects across the organization. It was never boring!

Excellent workplace

My time at Manulife was extremely valuable, I learned a lot during my two internships at Manulife. It is a great company, all the staffs are helpful and very patient. I look forward to working with Manulife again!

Professional working environment

Its one of the best places to work; you will find helping culture and support from the management. It is a huge organization and there is always potential to excel.

Productive and Fun workplace

Relax work environment. . Management was very accommodating to address any personal or work related issues. The job itself, once you knew the products, was trait forward. The most enjoyable part of working at Manulife was working with my colleagues.

8 July 2020

Good company to work, unfortunately on my part, our jobs were moved to offshore

With the introduction of work from home - less travel and minimal expenses daily compared to going to the office. There are advantages and disadvantages - during winter and bad weather , you don't need to report to the office. You missed the office environment though as less interactions with your colleagues.

Good place to work with supportive leadership and transformation initiatives. Pay is also fairly well. Good work life balance. But there is no job security. Any time they do mass layoff and call it Org Restructure.

8 July 2020

Flexible hours and ability to work from home. Requires the ability to learn new process and systems quickly. Fast pace and stressful work environment.

Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.

8 July 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement