Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Oakville, ON

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

They offer more vacation than competitors, and gave us an extra week for 2021due to COVID. My area allows remote work. As a result there are lots of virtual meetings. Great work/life balance. Management is great.

Pros

Vacation, remote work, laid back

Official response from Manulife

4 January 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

No culture is the Manulife culture

A typical day includes listening to people talk about driving 3 kilometres to get their "double double" or Starbucks or go to Walmart or Costco on their lunch breaks. A typical day is working on a year-long project with a group of people who you will never meet in person. A typical day is spent facing a wall in your cubicle. A typical first day there does NOT include a "welcome" lunch, team meeting or anything welcoming at all. All the onboarding and all the offboarding is "self-directed" and you have zero interactions with a human because it's all automated. Nobody cares when you join, nobody cares when you leave. That is Manulife!

Productive and fun place to work

great people to collaborate and share ideas with in order to make work more efficient and seamless. workplace culture is great and there is a good work/life balance.

Downsizing constantly, underpaid, etc

employees are treated like garbage. expected to do the work of 2 people while making minimal pay and benefits always getting cut back. Working from home ability was a plus. Management always talked about cutting costs and layoffs and job elimination. Made our jobs to be training new hired employees in Manila who became our replacements. Working for Manulife, management used nothing but scare tactics. Expected employees to "stay motivated and work as hard as we can" while the only messages from them were "jobs being cut, employees expected to train new hires as their replacements, while cutting benefits and still working to find efficiencies to eliminate more jobs"

Pros

working from home, somewhat flexible hours

Cons

management, job cuts, poor benefits, long working hours, employees in managerial roles while receiving minimal pay

Excellent

Great place to work. My job however was outsourced and that is why I am job hunting. The staff were wonderful, compassionate, hard working. I worked directly for the CFO who was also terminated in May. High staff turnover at the Oakville location. It was a great job.

Productive place to work

Majority of your day goes to marketing your services by way of cold calling. I learned a lot about the investment industry. Management was nice. Workplace culture seemed like a big family. The most enjoyable part of the job was having friendly competitions within our branch.

Pros

A lot of training

Cons

work to build up own book of business

Monday to Friday work from 9am-9pm Building strong relationships through the utilization of a holistic needs-based sales approach, assisting clients in achieving and understanding their evolving financial goals. Provide banking and financial solutions to meet the needs of customers. • Prospect for new clients using the following methods: cold calls, warm calls, breakfast seminars, dinner events, professional networking events, referrals, lunch & learns, flyers. • Actively manage the team member that ensure successful events planning. • Follow up with internal/external department ensure documentation prepared/completed is accurate and properly

productive and great team

co-workers were amazing. regular 9-5 job awesome people and definitely a cute office Very busy environment had 1 hour lunch working under my boss to make cold calls and inform people on the latest investment strategy

Pros

great office

Cons

no benefits

Was nothing special

They try to make you feel as though your are a part of something bigger, but at the end of the day, you are just another number.

Fantastic Staff

Our immediate staff is awesome, and easy going! working with our staff makes work enjoyable, and less stressful, but our management does not support it. Our every day routine, is consisted of, phones, filing, new client documentation prepping, updating client information as requested, conversing with clients either over the phone, or email and arranging appointments for our financial advisors. What I enjoy learning most, is the financial benefits, RRSPs, TFSAs etc, and the documentation. The hardest part is simply managing the stress of all the staff, and having balance. As a team, IF we have lunch, we try to eat lunch once a week when we are not tied to our desks. I would enjoy an enviroment where the staff is appreciated, and provided what we are entitled to have. Etc, lunches, paid over time.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

Negative management, poor pay

Jobs at Manulife