Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 67 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Very respectful and employee centered

Great company culture, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance. Diverse and respectful employer, work from home an option. You are expected to work hard and be able to work in a team. Opportunities are national.

Pros

Bonus, good benefits, work from home, flexible hours

Cons

Lots of processes, meetings, slow to change, hierarchical

1 March 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Très humanitaire

L’entreprise est très à l’écoute de ses employés et offre une belle environnement de travail

Pros

Bon comite sociale, très humain

Cons

Rien de négatif à dire

Good while it lasted... until they restructure

It’s tough when a big company buys another company and then they have to go through a personnel cut.We see this often today and it never gets easy. Complete culture change and adapting to new management takes a willingness to adapt and learn new things.

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Environnemet de travail productif et agreable

Environnement de travail productif et agréable Je n ai pas encore maitrise la performance la langue de travail qui est l` anglais oral

Pros

Debriefing matinal

Cons

temps de stage court pour les nouveaux recrus

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

nice environment

my experience at manulife was insightful and challenging as i was always learning something new. The environment of the workplace was pleasant as i had my own space.

Emploi très convenable

Personnel amical. Environnement de travail propre et agréable. Direction souple et humaine. Bistro à prix modique avec menu intéressant. Possiblités d'avancement rapide.

work place

Great place to work, some tension between the Ontario and Quebec management staff. Used Skype to communicate mostly with manager and my staff who were located across Canada.

Pros

work from home

Cons

long hours and pay schedule

8 July 2020

Good place to work and people are really friendly.

Great place to work and people are really friendly. Great team, they are always ready to help. Also, coffee, tea are free. Every Friday there is breakfast. You will always find something to eat every day.

Productive and Fun Workplace

The environment is really nice and they accomodate you a lot, you have free coffee and games available to you at any time. It s a really friendly workplace.

Productive environment

Group Retirement and insurance based company. Surrounded by very success driven people. Great benefits due to the nature of the business. Possibility of advancement.

Jobs at Manulife

in Montréal, QC
See more jobs

Good company with good people, but too many changes

Great company and benefits and great people but too many changes and structures aren't yet as agile and lean as they should be. The atmosphere can be stressful and competitive, but people collaborate and want to do their best work

Pros

great benefits, good salary, free coffeee

Cons

too many changes

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

Productive and fun place with great views

This is a great place for an internship. The staff is very nice and welcoming. The engineers have a lot of knowledge. Overall, it helps students very well for the job market.

Stressful workplace

Although the company wants to be a great place to work, and does offer a great benefit of being able to work from home, it lacks in a few areas. For example, upper management has some difficulty in being consistent with direction and vision which places lower management in stressful situations to maintain the engagement of their employees.

17 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Productive workplace

There isn't much to say that would be different than any other inbound customer service job. There are some very good days, but also very bad days. Fast turn-around.

Productive and employee engaged

Manulife is a flexible employer with a great workplace culture. Customer focused and technology driven, Manulife offers global exposure while being one of Canada's top financial institutions.

Fun place to work with delightful coworkers

Workplace culture was great. Even though I didn't have anyone even remotely close to me in age, I had fun engaging with my coworkers. Not too many meetings so I was always able to focus on my work.

Solid company with good work life balance.

Good company with room for advancement. Updated technology and a focus on work life balance. Supports the community. Managers are helpful and try to assist in your success.

Great Benefits/Decent work/life balance

Provides great benefits and offers the possibility of additional training and licenses. Aside from their rotating schedules, which makes it difficult to manage a semester class schedule, the work/life balance is decent.

Productive and fun environment

You take calls from members that have an insurance coverage, and answer their various questions. The hardest part is dealing with hard headed individuals that refuse to accept certain things the way they are. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers, different culture and the skills you acquire to better manage your time.

Great colleagues and great work conditions

I gained a lot of knowledge throughout my 16 year career at Standard Life/Manulife. It was a very rewarding experience. I met a lot of good people that mentored me and helped me grow.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

culture chnage

environnement de travail productif et agréable

collègues gentils et soucieux du client,environement stimulant. beaucoup d avantages sociaux..une bonne ambiance en général

Pros

café gratuit

Cons

courte pose

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement