Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Great place to be

it was fun working at Manulife, the years working there everyone became family instead of co-workers, team leaders and supervisors are always willing to help, plus lots of support tools to help get the job done

Pros

free thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, easy access with public transit, lots of place to have lunch

Cons

short breaks, huge building, no free parking

Official response from Manulife

2 November 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Big company with different areas allowing you to grow professionally

A company with a good reputation in the financial industry. A multicultural job enviroment. A fast pace job culture. The financial industry products are complex, Manulife products are also complex.

Official response from Manulife

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Made great friends there

Big company, lots of opportunity for those that can follow the company directive. Not a lot of opportunity to be creative in solutions. If you don't think like the Management, you are not given a good performance rating.

Good experience

As a contractor I am satisfied with the job offer and environment. The work fit my expertise very well and people are friendly to work with. I would recommend the company to others.

Manulife was a great place to learn, work and grow.

Enjoyed the corporate world and the ever changing challenges of the contact center from the global perspective with centers located across Canada, USA and Philippines.

Don't apply here

I worked at Manulife for 13 years. This is the cheapest company I have ever worked at. The corporate culture is toxic. Coworkers make no effort to get to know each other and there is little opportunity to move around within the company. You'll get a 1% raise every year (some get 0%) and inequality runs rampant. Depending on what department you work in, you might get company swag, luncheons, holiday parties etc, OR more likely, you will get nothing and will have to buy your own pen and paper for your desk. Canadian jobs are all being sent overseas, there is no prospect for long term employment. Run away from this company.

Pros

Flex hours

Cons

Toxic environment

Progressive IT culture

Excellent work environment. Encourages learning. Provides the required tools and guidance to progress as an individual and within a team. Teams work hard and play hard.

Very inclusive/exsclusive

I worked for Manulife for a about 6 months before being moved to another company. in that time, myself and my fellow call centre colleges were treated like we did not exist. No one made an effort to speak to us, except those who were in charge of us while we were working there. Staff very standoffish and unfriendly.

Pros

good pay, decnt beenfits, great cafeteria

Cons

management not approachable

Strong employers

Great place to work and very collaborative work environment. I would work at those organizations again in a second. Management was very focused on customer centric delivery and service

Pros

Flexible work weeks, opportunity

Cons

Smaller organizations existing in times of acquistion so employment continuity a risk

Very rewarding complany to work for

Management positions so primarily people management, strategy and project execution in fast paced environment. Very rewarding and interesting work overall

Pros

Strong remuneration, Almost limitless opportunity

Cons

Complex organization makes decision making a challenge

Jobs at Manulife

in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
See more jobs

Fast paced innovative company with talented employee base and at the most sr levels, strong management with focused vision. Very challenging and rewarding work with ever-evolving technologies and a collaborative work environment. Would definitely recommend as an employer of choice

Pros

Clear objectives, strong remuneration, broad base of opportunity across the globe

Cons

Large, complex environment so efficient decision making is a challenge

Fast paced and stressful, although you are usually rewarded for hard work. No job security as they are continually reorganizing. Work environment is good, but very cramped work areas.

Pros

work from home when needed

Cons

no job security

Poor Employee Management

Manulife Bank of Canada has went through great changes in the last few years. Unfortunately resulting in mass exits of employees from the sales force. The company went from a family focused happy successful place to work, to a profit focused non caring cooperate entity that promises much and delivers little. The pay vs expectation balance is way off, continually demanding more and paying less and less. The pay structure and changed and decreased no less than 7 times in the last 6 years. I can not recommend this as a career move for anyone who wishes to be compensated for the precious time they spend away form their families. Or frankly even feel appreciated.

Customer Service Manulife Bank

This was a contract position and had a short time. Did receive training in a short amount of time to become a level 3 representative as the company had confidence in my knowledge and bility

Challenging work and great people

I very much enjoyed getting to know all of the financial advisors on my team and supporting them in all of their administrative needs. I loved being a part of a growing team and having input on processes and procedures. And although the work could be repetitive and tedious at times the people I worked with made it worthwhile.

Pros

Office Location, Excellent Cafeteria

Cons

Working from Home Flexibility

Lots of documentation to update, very long and old processes, Nice people.

Organization design the last year has been hard on every team of the company since moving and shifting creates anxiety in a production level making that the enviroment a little tense, but the people here at your same level is fine, I guess every one is living and paddle in the same boat. The hardest part for the job is actually all those moves making documentaiton incomplete, outdated processes and not reliable. As BA, that is a hard task but also in the same time is a great opportunity to test your strategy and build your experience, and help your users to have a better application and a easy way to do their job. The most enjoyable is the fact that you can work from home make that flexible to compensate work and personal life.

Pros

working from home

Cons

Continue Organization design

Good work place mediocre management, highly political

Manulife has good employees but mediocre management . Political manoeuvring gets rewarded more than the hard work. Annual performance review processes is a sham.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work, is sorting and filing many documents. I learned how to sort claims. My managers were helpful and a pleasure to work for. My co-workers were wonderful to work with and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the amount of work to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a great Atmosphere and Environment with wonderful co-workers.

Pros

lunches were inexpensive

Cons

early hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement