Manulife logo
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Found 84 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Productive with fun lunches

No assigned seat spaces for employees. Manulife has fun lunch events for teams to build rapport and socialize. Training and advancement opportunities are available in the workplace. Human resources is very lax with taking action on complaints and can quickly make work environment toxic for complaining about work standards or code of conduct.

Productive, Collaborative and Competitive

Team Meeting - Daily strategy planning - Data creation - Automate Test Suite - Execute testing - Defect identifying - Arrange and proceed defect call - Defect reviewing and resolving - Release daily reports - Summaries Learned individual duties and responsibilities and to achieve targets / goals on daily basis To challenge your own self and try to enhance or upgrade your skills individually or along with the team Adaptability and flexibility with the fast change work environment Competitive and productive and ensure your work ethics would be beneficial to stakeholders and business owners Good and well organised Team Management Hardship of getting work and life balance. Long distance to commute Good Team members and fulling our target within the time frame gives enormous happiness

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

it was a great experience.

I learned a lot. I loved working with Manulife I would love to go back. My position was to help IT team in a huge project for 6 months, I am looking for opportunity to go back to Manulife in their GTA area. I was driving to Kitchener everyday from Toronto and It was not easy in winter time.

8 July 2020

Productivity was required but that is same with other companies.

The job that i had was a dream job for me. I helped a lot of people that needed help. I was all, customer service, tech, researcher and adjudicator. To help a kid that needed a wheelchair a hospital bed or oxygen i was always there for them. Got discounts for people which were overcharged in US hospitals. I listen to people ad gave them a better day. Never looked at my pay as that was very sad. Moral was very low but i had a good supervisor and manager.

Pros

Free lunches were given only on July 1 and Christmas.

Cons

In my department, overtime was always required.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

you must know how to multi task

good training, like the hours. benefits are good. Good balance of work and family life. Great team-work. Good training and leaders / supervisors. Would work there again.

High volumes daily with tight deadlines

average workplace with some flexibility work/home currently many changes so job security is unknown downsizing and outsourcing to overseas manual tasks changing to digital

8 July 2020

Co op student. Fun and relax along with challenges for growth

I start working at manulife as a co op student in 2018 september untill 2019 august and continued to work part part from september 2019 to december 2019. overall I am happy I was give an opportunity to work here as I have learned a lot about the field I want to get into and it has given me many challenges that allowed for personal growth as well professional growth. The team I was on was also a dream to work with especially for a new co op student that was shy and laid back.

Good future

Manulife is going through a significant transition right now to bring it up-to-date with customer needs and IT. In the next few years Manulife will become an amazing opportunity to be a part of.

8 July 2020

It's a great place to work. Culture is good and they're not cheap. I would def recommend anyone interesting in the financial district look for opps at Manulife.

Large dynamic company, always challengi

Product Manager/Owner role is a very challenging dynamic role. Must thrive in fast paced environment, work with agile methodologies and adapt to change quickly

17 July 2020

Jobs at Manulife

in Kitchener, ON
See more jobs

Just a number

Was there over 17 years in many positions and was just a number when let go over the phone. It's not what you know but who you know. Expect a lot with half a team. Always on pins and needles wondering who will be let go next. All about the mighty dollar and not about the over worked employees. Glad to be gone.

17 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Managers Has to lead

Considering their approach to software and strategy development and integration, Manulife needs leaders of all kinds and they need to have clear direction!

Lots of room for advancement

Enjoyed the role and they provided good training. The stress level was always present due to time constraints and expected turnaround times. Was happy with management.

Growing environment

I started with Manulife as a claims adjudicator and ended as a Business Analyst. There was many opportunities to continually advance in your career with Manulife.

The new values are just T-shirt slogans

Fantastic rebranding with new values and mission statement. And for some parts of the organization it may feel like that - but in reality, saving $$ trumps all else. Decisions are made by senior leaders who don’t know the true issues within some teams and when confronted with the truth, they dismiss it since actually dealing with it will curb plans and cost money. Values proofed with team t-shirts- but in the end, that’s all it really is - t-shirt slogans.

Pros

Some great employees who are dedicated to their customers

Cons

Cx slt, cost vs service

High expectations to provide excellent customer service

The Company strives to provide exceptional customer service in order to maintain their position as one of the top insurance companies in the world. By moving a large portion of their business to the Philippines, they've been able to keep their expenses down and reward shareholders.

Customer centric with a strong and constant effort at improvement

My last role provided great flexibility in terms of the hours of work and the possibility of working from the office and home. The expectations were clearly explained and discussed with management. Although the priorities could change on a given day, they were generally known and staffs could then prioritize their work based on departmental standards and timeline. Personal development was at the heart of the company culture and this gets employees engaged and committed.

I was given an exit package due to them sending canadian jobs to another country I have a little issue with that but overall it was a great company to work for.

Growth oriented and Perfect work/life balance

Good work/life balance, Excellent place to work provide complete flexibility of working from home, Good Bonuses, Perfect workplace, Provides growth, Bi Weekly one to one discussion with Manager

Too much red tape!

This organization is too slow to change and doesn't seem to care for customers, just the bottom line. It's frustrating to work there, no oppurtunities

Pros

Brand name

Cons

Weekend work, Job dissatisfaction

enjoyed working here

a good working experience, helpful and good team management

Pros

free lunches, good team work, lots of help

Cons

very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement