Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

Not a fun place to work

Management not trusted Management not qualified for the position Management will present only the facts that make them look good and you badManagement too young needs about ten more years of experience before they could even startas a trainee in there positions Management hires there own friends and push the rest out of a job

Official response from Manulife

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

learning, & courses & safety promoted, as well as ethics

cant say enough good well treated well paid well respected awesome benefits & perks lots of opportunities to learn & take courses, sky is the limit really

Pros

lots of great lunches very often, friendly co workers

Cons

cant think of even 1 con!

Productive and a great learning environment

I found it well organized full professional training that is required to do the job. Safety and health are of first priority for the employees as well as for the workers and occupants of the facilities being cleaned..

productive

at this company a day starts t 9am and ends at 5pm it is great , it is a sensational place to work , evertyone is professional and concise very helpful i

Condition de Travail

Lieux de travaille très propre et sécuritaire. Plusieurs horaire sont disponible qui correspond à chaque Candidat.

Nice central downtown location

Iv'e always enjoyed my time working at Manulife Place. I love the location and the hours are very nice (not to late, not to early). There are all sorts of jobs here and everyone is very informative and qualified, characteristics that make it refreshing to shop and work amongst.

Pros

Privately owned businesses, luxurious shopping, intelligent business colleges

Cons

Central spot, all types of people from all over Edmonton

A good place to work but no room for advancement

Great people to work with. Lack of proper trainings from HO. I've learned a lot from working here but the job does not compensate well. Management is all new so they're still trying to figure things out.

The kind of job I'd pay to be hired for!

I worked with an amazing group of people passionate about what they do. We had an inspiring boss and I felt extremely proud of my career and my ability to share that enthusiasm with clients. We were given a lot of responsibility and autonomy coupled with lots of support to achieve our goals. Our boss made the day fun, gave lots of positive feedback and worked just as hard as we did, setting a great example. We all had an extremely solid work ethic. I often worked for several hours on my day off - sometimes just to be around the positive energy of a busy store during peak season! I loved seeing jewelry the likes of which most people never are allowed to handle and see - pieces upwards of $500,000. I learned a lot about jewelry which is my passion. We received extensive training and I was fortunate to work with someone who is a gemologist happy to share his knowledge. I learned that I love making people happy, am able to quickly build rapport with clients and am very good at seeing a sale through to the end complete with support documentation. It was exciting to take part in special events which we often had: celebrity guests, special trunk shows of exquisite pieces of jewelry and timepieces. It's difficult to find anything negative about working at Birks, Edmonton except, possibly, and the long hour standing, sometimes when it's very slow time does drag.

Pros

being exposed to incredible, breathtakingly beautiful and expensive jewelry. Being professionally trained.

Cons

I work most weekends. Stand for long periods of time.

Fullfilling, rewarding and highly enjoyable. I was my own man.

The Bank is a very satisfying place to work at.My typical day started by reviewing my spread sheet to see the priorities I had organized. Followed by phone calls on routine issues. Next, I made calls to confirm appointments one or two days in advance. In the afternoon and early evening I attended client and/or prospect meetings.A part of the day was dedicated to marketing. I called on contacts in the hard market, endavoured to get leads in the soft market and did cold calling.I learned organizing crowded days. I learned marketing. I took a number of books from the library and studied or updated myself on the subject. I enjoye dealing with people, the key is: listen, listen and listen!Management was highly supportive, without being hard handed. The co-workers were without exception, helpful and many beacame friends.The hardest part of the job was to deal with declines. At times I was able to find alternative solutions.The most enjoyable part of my job, was the "thank you's" I received from satisfied clients in the form of many refrrals to their relatives, friends and co-workers. I even receive yearly birthday cards from a few clients.

Pros

excellent benefit plan and indevidual recognition on a national basis for outstanding performance.

Cons

the work load is high, because working from home - my days at times became seven am to tenpm.

Jobs at Manulife