Manulife

Found 775 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,329 reviews

Insights into Manulife

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

Official response from Manulife

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

The benefits are good but the cost for them is high. Pay is not great at all.

The benefits are amazing but they also cost a lot and they do not pay you well at all. They expect most of your money to be invested back into the company in some retirement fund or stocks. They are very cheap and penny pinching when it comes to giving employee raises. They make you recieve your salary only in a Manulife Bank account.

Pros

Great flexible work culture. Able to work remotely. Lots of time off.

Cons

Very low salary, Managers don't watch out for you when it comes to rewards and salary increases, You end up getting paid at less than minimum wage.

Can be stressful

Depending on the area you work in it can be very busy and stressful. Directors skills can fluctuate. Most are good but there are some really bad ones too.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Not much down time No social aspect, all work no play

its fair

depends on team, overall good companygood benefit, and technology being greatlots of job being outsourcedbut overall not badgood covid holidays and IT

Productive and fun place to work.

I love working at Manulife, the job is interesting and I get to meet people all over Canada over the phone. My colleagues are extremely helpful and friendly. It’s a really great organization. I love it

It was great while it lasted, I loved my job and my team.

I was motivated and I loved my job and my team. My project was moved offshore. I became redundant I guess...I was happily busy every day. I played multiple roles and did what I had to do to deliver.

Pros

Fantastic Team, allows you to be independent, and everyone jumps in to help when you need it.

Cons

they didn't need me anymore

Good for experience

-good if you're starting your career-low pay starting-don't want to hire full-time, will keep extending your contract-no benefits as I was a contract worker

Pros

brand recognition

Cons

low pay

Work from home

Many quiet hours during training, listening to the supervisor's explain the plethora of business knowledge. Then, communicate confidentiality in a very professional timeframe. Performance to learn quickly over all.

Not a very secure place to work

Didn't like the management although some were nice but others just wouldn't help you. They scowl at you even when working as hard and quickly as possible. Expectations are over the top.

Pros

Nothing really

Cons

Stressful, over work you

Productive and fun workplace

I love working at Manulife. Amazing culture, it really brings the best in every employee. Because it’s an insurance company, we have good social benefits, my boss promotes a collaborative environment, not stressful.

Good workplace

Stressful and many calls sometimes, but good management and support. No real opportunity to grow for simple csr but good benefits and environment in general

Pros

Worst management team in all of banking

One of the most mismanaged companies I’ve ever seen. Do not recommend their banking side. Don’t understand the business and very arrogant. Sad to see

Benefits

Professional work environment, friendly,

lots of groups such as Toastmasters for fun, personal and professional Periodic staff training and department development that is great for moraleUsually an annual golf or fun activities day

Pros

Great lunch at reasonable price

Cons

Long hours in some finacial areas; some supervisors have poor people skills

Very productive and great place to grow

Manulife helped me who I am now. It is a very good place where you can learn, and grow. Senior Management is available to listen. Great place to work.

Pros

Manulife – HQ – Toronto has a great garden where you can stroll after lunch.

Cons

Fast - paced. required to keep up the speed to meet timelines.

Says the right things, but reality is different

Corporately the organization says and tries to do the right things but in reality things are run haphazardly, decisions are very top down and teams and leaders are not empowered.

Pros

Attempt at providing work like balance at the corporate level (extra time off)

Cons

Minimal prioritizing and even with extra time off, Same amount of work is needed, so everything just keeps getting piled on.

Okay place

It's a nice place to work at. I have worked there as a contractor and have liked the experience. Its a good place to work at. It was enjoyable. I would rate it good.

Great workplace

Manulife is an excellent place to work. The work/life balance is excellent and my managers and coworkers are amazing. Only con is that unless you are in the head office, there is very little opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Excellent work/life balance

Cons

Little room for advancement

Productive and rewarding place to work

A typical day at Manulife receiving incoming calls from customers and making out bound calls where required. Its great having a rapport with the customers and advising them of company products. Management and work culture is great and very supportive in all areas of work also opportunities to grow within the company. i would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and developing a relationship with them as part of the service. I would highly recommend this company to anyone for employment.

Pros

Pay is always on time

Great place for start of career, but move on if looking to grow.

Great place to start your career in various areas of finances. However, if you’re mid-career you’ll probably end up taking pay-cuts and seeking advancement elsewhere in the end. The company takes great strides to foster inclusion, organizes team culture and educational events. They have many internal resources available on regulations and specifics of the industry. They’re very well set up to respond to changing circumstances (e.g., start of the pandemic) & remote work. They are quick with their hiring process. On the down-side, the high employee turnover leaves those who remain with unsustainable workloads, overtime you won’t be compensated for, becoming almost impossible to take vacation if you require specific dates, with previously approved vacations being re-negged due to staff shortages. Yet, the company takes no meaningful steps to mitigate the exit of employees. Many knowledgeable, seasoned staff left for the competitors because they now also offer remote work options. Career advancement and internal learning opportunities are few, depending on your interests, not all departments offer remote work, when the area’s financials are on the decline, they start cutting jobs, which further exacerbates the workload issue.In summary, if you’re looking to get your feet wet in the industry, this is a great place to start at. If you are looking to grow, have diverse responsibilities, learn new areas and tech, move on.

Pros

positive culture, working from home.

Cons

unsustainable workloads, unpaid OT. If you’re looking for variety of challenges, setting up own processes and trouble-shoots, learning different aspects of your area, that’s not part of the job. You can seek out those opportunities on your own, & they’ll be happy should you share your expertise, but prepare to not be compensated for it.

Très humanitaire

L’entreprise est très à l’écoute de ses employés et offre une belle environnement de travail

Pros

Bon comite sociale, très humain

Cons

Rien de négatif à dire

Not a fun place to work

Management not trusted Management not qualified for the position Management will present only the facts that make them look good and you badManagement too young needs about ten more years of experience before they could even startas a trainee in there positions Management hires there own friends and push the rest out of a job

Official response from Manulife

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Manulife with