Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,302 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Says the right things, but reality is different

Corporately the organization says and tries to do the right things but in reality things are run haphazardly, decisions are very top down and teams and leaders are not empowered.

Pros

Attempt at providing work like balance at the corporate level (extra time off)

Cons

Minimal prioritizing and even with extra time off, Same amount of work is needed, so everything just keeps getting piled on.

Kekeluargaan antar karyawan dan atasan

Rekomendasi banget deh kerja di Manulife, kerjanya santai tapi harus tetap fokus. Klu kita punya goal yg mesti di capai baik di kantor atau di luar kantor, para SPV, Manager, bahkan Dirut nya bakal bantuin karyawannya...

Pros

Bonus bulanan, trip ke luar negeri dan dalam negeri, dan fasilitas lain yg mendukung kebutuhan karyawan

Cons

Tidak ada

Okay place

It's a nice place to work at. I have worked there as a contractor and have liked the experience. Its a good place to work at. It was enjoyable. I would rate it good.

Great workplace

Manulife is an excellent place to work. The work/life balance is excellent and my managers and coworkers are amazing. Only con is that unless you are in the head office, there is very little opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Excellent work/life balance

Cons

Little room for advancement

Productive and rewarding place to work

A typical day at Manulife receiving incoming calls from customers and making out bound calls where required. Its great having a rapport with the customers and advising them of company products. Management and work culture is great and very supportive in all areas of work also opportunities to grow within the company. i would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and developing a relationship with them as part of the service. I would highly recommend this company to anyone for employment.

Pros

Pay is always on time

Great place for start of career, but move on if looking to grow.

Great place to start your career in various areas of finances. However, if you’re mid-career you’ll probably end up taking pay-cuts and seeking advancement elsewhere in the end. The company takes great strides to foster inclusion, organizes team culture and educational events. They have many internal resources available on regulations and specifics of the industry. They’re very well set up to respond to changing circumstances (e.g., start of the pandemic) & remote work. They are quick with their hiring process. On the down-side, the high employee turnover leaves those who remain with unsustainable workloads, overtime you won’t be compensated for, becoming almost impossible to take vacation if you require specific dates, with previously approved vacations being re-negged due to staff shortages. Yet, the company takes no meaningful steps to mitigate the exit of employees. Many knowledgeable, seasoned staff left for the competitors because they now also offer remote work options. Career advancement and internal learning opportunities are few, depending on your interests, not all departments offer remote work, when the area’s financials are on the decline, they start cutting jobs, which further exacerbates the workload issue.In summary, if you’re looking to get your feet wet in the industry, this is a great place to start at. If you are looking to grow, have diverse responsibilities, learn new areas and tech, move on.

Pros

positive culture, working from home.

Cons

unsustainable workloads, unpaid OT. If you’re looking for variety of challenges, setting up own processes and trouble-shoots, learning different aspects of your area, that’s not part of the job. You can seek out those opportunities on your own, & they’ll be happy should you share your expertise, but prepare to not be compensated for it.

big company, depends on the teams

learned a lot, it is just matter of preferences what you want, job security or growth , all depends on the team and people, if you get along, then you move up, if not then it is your problem, this is the same as in any big company and what you make of it.

Pros

flexible time, can work remotely

Cons

nothing

Great place to work!

Good benefits and management are very supportive. Good pay. Offered a lot of free trainings. Great opportunity to those who are aiming for higher position.

Great place to work at

Pros:- Overall enjoyable work experience- Great work-life balance- Inclusive culture- Decent package of compensation & BenefitsCons:- Slow pacing

Pros

work-life balance; inclusive culture; great compensation & Benefits

Cons

slow pacing

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Productive and fun work place

The company takes care of their employees specially when pandemic comes. The CEO make time to meet (online) all the area managers and express his support to each of us. Had a great time with the company. 🍻

Très humanitaire

L’entreprise est très à l’écoute de ses employés et offre une belle environnement de travail

Pros

Bon comite sociale, très humain

Cons

Rien de négatif à dire

Good workplace.

I am on contract. Pay is decent, hoping to be going full time soon. Would like to be given a clear path of advancement to succeed. Co workers are nice and understanding. Overall good work environment.

Productive and Supportive

It really is a well established company with excellent working culture. I would spend my career in this company as long as I can. I would recommend my friends to join this company.

Great team but salary is a bit lower than market standard

Good team and great company culture. Budget for the team is abundant so we could think big and work out their ideas. Flexible yet long working hours.

No Work Life Balance, You are nothing in Sales Banca if you're not producing big cases. SALARY IS NOT ENOUGH

Meeting everyday and it lasts for more than an hour. Sometimes twice a day. Even rest days and after shift, you still need to attend meetings. You need to stay up until 12midnight if you're up to your sales' issuance (mostly done every end of the month). Pressure is real. Basic salary is not enough, good for single. Quota is impossible for non performing branches (Bancassurance). No work life balance for Sales in Banca, unless your Managers are "understanding'. Even if your 'Close' relative member died, it is not valid to file a (Immediate) leave, like what I have said, it depends on your manager. There are some managers that are considerate too. But mostly of them, not. You are nothing in Sales if you don't hit the targets and produce big cases.

Pros

Weekends off for Banca, you can enjoy holidays.

Cons

PRESSURE and they don't really respect your off and rest days. SALES is SALES

Extremely stressful

Culture is very black and white and people are ready to place and/or redirect blame to someone else. The work never leaves you. It’s always on your mind.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

The work is always on your mind.

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Not a fun place to work

Management not trusted Management not qualified for the position Management will present only the facts that make them look good and you badManagement too young needs about ten more years of experience before they could even startas a trainee in there positions Management hires there own friends and push the rest out of a job

Job Security? NO!

One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.

Pros

Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options

Cons

Trainers have actually not done the job

5 May 2021

Manulife is giving up on its employees

This company has great benefits, great management great coworkers. It's overall a pretty good gig. However the direction they're moving in is disastrous. They no longer care about their employees. They give you 10,000 per year for mental health services instead of making the job less stressful overall. They know people won't have time to actually use those services but they get to show off how much they care. They would rather stretch out the energy of their current workers as much as possible until they quit or move somewhere else, rather than just hire more people and create a better environment for the costing employees.If you stay in the call centre you can expect to get trained on advanced contracts within a year or two, and you'll only get the standard inflation based raise even though you now have to take more calls than before. They are stats focused, although it is only an issue if you're really struggling hard. Management seems like they're only there to get sat on by the higher ups. Upper management just makes decisions without any care in the world and then forces the supervisors and managers below to take the flak for it. They pretend to care without actually caring.They are moving toward a more traditional call centre environment eith contract workers instead of permanent employees. They don't want people sticking around because you're only valuable for the first year or two. After that you realise that "peak" season is actually just the entire year and you get super burnt out with no end in sight. Your only hope of enjoying Manulife is to get out of the call -

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, lots of vacation time, free coffee and stuff

Cons

Nonstop calls, high stakes calls (health insurance), stats pressure, constant peak hours, limited chances to take vacation, rotating shifts

5 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Opportunities if you want them

A lot of jobs there are contract jobs, but they can indeed lead to permanent jobs with good pay. There is a lot to be learned, a lot of skills to be gained and a lot of work to do - it’s a busy place with a lot of different departments. The Halifax location is at a great location with great facilities. It can certainly be the type of job where you check out at the end of the day and that’s that, but there are definitely opportunities to move forward if you’re willing to invest the time, effort and enthusiasm.

Pros

Lots to learn and do, if you want it.

Cons

You may feel less “part of something” if you are a contract worker.

5 May 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement