Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife

Manulife Employee Review

Opportunities if you want them

A lot of jobs there are contract jobs, but they can indeed lead to permanent jobs with good pay. There is a lot to be learned, a lot of skills to be gained and a lot of work to do - it’s a busy place with a lot of different departments. The Halifax location is at a great location with great facilities. It can certainly be the type of job where you check out at the end of the day and that’s that, but there are definitely opportunities to move forward if you’re willing to invest the time, effort and enthusiasm.

Pros

Lots to learn and do, if you want it.

Cons

You may feel less “part of something” if you are a contract worker.

4.0Job security/advancement

5 May 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Job Security? NO!

One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.

Pros

Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options

Cons

Trainers have actually not done the job

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.
Same location

Manulife is giving up on its employees

This company has great benefits, great management great coworkers. It's overall a pretty good gig. However the direction they're moving in is disastrous. They no longer care about their employees. They give you 10,000 per year for mental health services instead of making the job less stressful overall. They know people won't have time to actually use those services but they get to show off how much they care. They would rather stretch out the energy of their current workers as much as possible until they quit or move somewhere else, rather than just hire more people and create a better environment for the costing employees.If you stay in the call centre you can expect to get trained on advanced contracts within a year or two, and you'll only get the standard inflation based raise even though you now have to take more calls than before. They are stats focused, although it is only an issue if you're really struggling hard. Management seems like they're only there to get sat on by the higher ups. Upper management just makes decisions without any care in the world and then forces the supervisors and managers below to take the flak for it. They pretend to care without actually caring.They are moving toward a more traditional call centre environment eith contract workers instead of permanent employees. They don't want people sticking around because you're only valuable for the first year or two. After that you realise that "peak" season is actually just the entire year and you get super burnt out with no end in sight. Your only hope of enjoying Manulife is to get out of the call -

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, lots of vacation time, free coffee and stuff

Cons

Nonstop calls, high stakes calls (health insurance), stats pressure, constant peak hours, limited chances to take vacation, rotating shifts

5 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Confusing place to working

If you're the favourite of management then you do okay and are heavily rewarded. The rest get the work and caseload piled high. Lack of communication and support from management but the company claims to care.

1 March 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Manulife with

• Manulife
  • Opportunities if you want them