Manulife logo
Manulife
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Manulife

Manulife Employee Review

They offer more vacation than competitors, and gave us an extra week for 2021due to COVID. My area allows remote work. As a result there are lots of virtual meetings. Great work/life balance. Management is great.

Pros

Vacation, remote work, laid back

2.0Job security/advancement

Official response from Manulife

4 January 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Same roleSame location

Productive and fun place to work

great people to collaborate and share ideas with in order to make work more efficient and seamless. workplace culture is great and there is a good work/life balance.
Same location

No culture is the Manulife culture

A typical day includes listening to people talk about driving 3 kilometres to get their "double double" or Starbucks or go to Walmart or Costco on their lunch breaks. A typical day is working on a year-long project with a group of people who you will never meet in person. A typical day is spent facing a wall in your cubicle. A typical first day there does NOT include a "welcome" lunch, team meeting or anything welcoming at all. All the onboarding and all the offboarding is "self-directed" and you have zero interactions with a human because it's all automated. Nobody cares when you join, nobody cares when you leave. That is Manulife!
Same location

Downsizing constantly, underpaid, etc

employees are treated like garbage. expected to do the work of 2 people while making minimal pay and benefits always getting cut back. Working from home ability was a plus. Management always talked about cutting costs and layoffs and job elimination. Made our jobs to be training new hired employees in Manila who became our replacements. Working for Manulife, management used nothing but scare tactics. Expected employees to "stay motivated and work as hard as we can" while the only messages from them were "jobs being cut, employees expected to train new hires as their replacements, while cutting benefits and still working to find efficiencies to eliminate more jobs"

Pros

working from home, somewhat flexible hours

Cons

management, job cuts, poor benefits, long working hours, employees in managerial roles while receiving minimal pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement