Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife

Manulife Employee Review

Good while it lasted... until they restructure

It’s tough when a big company buys another company and then they have to go through a personnel cut.We see this often today and it never gets easy. Complete culture change and adapting to new management takes a willingness to adapt and learn new things.

4.0Job security/advancement

Official response from Manulife

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Same role

I have worked Manulife Securities

Worked with Advisor over 6 years in St. Catharines as executive Assistant, enjoyed the office work and learned about the trades and rules of the trades , was a good job

Pros

Hour break for lunch

Official response from Manulife

4 January 2021
Same role

Fast paced work environment with a variety of work responsibilities

Working at Manulife Financial was very rewarding. I was exposed to a new business area and learned many new skills. I worked for the Legal and Compliance Department first, where I was treated more as a paralegal than an administrative assistant. I was was being trained to support the lawyers directly as well as managing their office. For the VP of Compliance, I was eventually put in charge of several very important compliance activities. As the Executive Assistant to the VP of Investor Relations, I was trusted with multiple important and exacting tasks ranging from budget preparation and reconciliation, organization of marketing trips and coordinating with other VPs for those trips, office tasks, the creation to presentation materials, etc. The job was hard but rewarding and at times required long hours, but the outcome was worth it.
Same location

Très humanitaire

L’entreprise est très à l’écoute de ses employés et offre une belle environnement de travail

Pros

Bon comite sociale, très humain

Cons

Rien de négatif à dire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Manulife with

• Manulife
  • Good while it lasted... until they restructure