Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife

Manulife Employee Review

Confusing place to working

If you're the favourite of management then you do okay and are heavily rewarded. The rest get the work and caseload piled high. Lack of communication and support from management but the company claims to care.

3.0Job security/advancement

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Same role

Flexible hours and ability to work from home. Requires the ability to learn new process and systems quickly. Fast pace and stressful work environment.

Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.

8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.
Same role

Mixed Feelings

My experience started off really well, until there was a change in Senior Management. My immediate manager was great though. The job was great to start as well, but as time progressed, I noticed that the turnover also increased leading to the workload significantly increasing and the expectations becoming unrealistic. The coworkers in Calgary were great too, but there were certain individuals at the other offices who made the overall experience toxic

17 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.
Same location

Job Security? NO!

One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.

Pros

Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options

Cons

Trainers have actually not done the job

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement