Manulife

Working at Manulife: Employee Reviews

Canada801 reviews

Found 801 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,380 reviews
balancefinancialtorontocanadacentrecanadianopportunitycontract

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

Official response from Manulife

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Not good not good they don't even have a decent office anymore worst work environment ever you won't enjoy it nobody. Lasts long here revolving of heads every month

Insights into Manulife

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Little job security

The Manulife experience varies wildly depending on the team you're on. Senior leaders appear to not care and dodge questions at town halls.Significant exits lately resulting in lowered morale.

Pros

+Good health benefits

Cons

- Salary is lower than market average, Constant layoffs and offshoring, Mandatory return to office

Love the Company 5 Years Ago but Happy to Leave Now

When I first joined it was good but then I felt like entering a joke workplace. The department I am in honestly nobody is doing anything to discipline people with behaviour issue. Constantly creating troubles for others and no one deal with it!It’s not this company to me doesn’t care at all. Even when you leave they don’t care no exit interview even management in your group you said a good words because you had interactions with not even bother to say the two basic words - Good Luck. How hard it is to wish someone good luck in the next role and why so bitter. Is that the great culture this company strives for?!

Productive and fun workplace

Fast-paced, rewarding job! Incentives are amazing, you get points which you can purchase great gifts..helpful supervisors and managers. I recommend working here.

Not a terrible place to start

The people are nice and very helpful and the benefits are great so that’s always awesome but the training felt like it could’ve been longer so we aren’t overwhelmed in the first week.

Expectations are high

Working as a Case Manager was very demanding with high caseloads with high metrics to meet job expectations. Salary bump and bonus were nominal and not meeting the cost of inflation. Better to move to another company, return to Manulife with higher negotiated starting pay.

My Advisor is awesome!

I've been working part-time with my advisor for about 6 months now, he's super nice, very attentive, accommodating and flexible. He listens well and is open to suggestions on improving work, as well as very empathetic. He supplies the leads and allows his "team" to take the initiative as well as setting our own schedules. I do not work for the company directly, I only work with my advisor, I'm an independent contractor who gets paid weekly after sending my invoice. I work remotely but have easy access to my advisor thru text, email and phone.

Pros

Remote work, set your own schedule, can talk with some pretty interesting people.

Cons

low hourly rate, prospects don't always show up to their appointment (which means no-show, no commission)

Great!

Great place to work. Enjoyed the management style and advancement opportunities. Always felt like they cared about me. I liked working there. You will too.

Fun and management very supportive

Good place. Lots of support. I found the training to be very detailed and there was no pressure to sell until you had reached a comfortable level. Peers were also helpful.

Bad

Stressful, not much training, not much communication, poor management; call centre job was stressful, transitioned into a different role that was worse

Fun place to work

Fun place to work. Everyone is helpful except one team leader i worked with. Leah . Company provides great benefits.typical day at work is getting calls for password resets. Can be upskilled to dental within months .

Cool

Was a great place to work and extremely helpful with learning new tech stack and also guiding you on certain paths. Unclear decision made by higher management

Productive, collaborative and very fast-paced

Very fast-pacedCompetitiveCollaborativeAmazing work cultureSo many perks: luncheons, events, beautiful Montreal buildingCareer opportunities can be limited if one does not aspire to become a BDM

Good place for experience

If you need experience, then this is a place worth working at. However, no room for advancement or full-time, kept extending my contract instead. Good options for working from home.

Nice place to work with

Very nice company to work with. Earlier the company have more relaxed environment with full time work from home ( when other companies were not offering remote/ hybrid position) but now they changed to hybrid which lots of companies are offering so not much advantage about it. I was initially paid less but I was okay as I was working remotely so I was saving lots of cost and time for myself. Now so many companies are offering hybrid, I feel I am paid very less.

Just a number

Manulife had promise at the beginning. but once I was there for 5 years, doing outstanding work and hitting/surpassing every target and still being overlooked for promotions I realized that it was a popularity contest, not about skill or knowledge. by the end of my 8 years there I learned that I was simply a number, and not a valued employee.

Good environment and colleagues

It's a nice place, good environment, as well as management. Room to grow yes, room to advance is harder. Benefits are really good and salary seems fair for the position compare to other employers.

I always want to work with Manulife good people,I like working with Manulife BusyFast CleanVery good building Good system Hope they like my work

Pros

Free coffee

Work overload

Too much load of work that does not provide work and life balance. Management are kind and genuine but no proper handling of work load. Not enough training to keep new hires..

Good starting place for a career

Worked in various actuarial departments for over 4 years. Overall, this is one of the best places that I would recommend to people to start off their career. Great actuarial rotation program, and exam supports, and a lot of career development and learning opportunities. However, getting promoted to a manager level role can take a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement