Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Canada572 reviews
Featured review
Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.
8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.
I love to work Manulife very plasent environment. Learning easily manager and supervisor are very much responsible. Very nice place to work. I am happy to work with Manulife again.
Just be determined and ask questions!

Team player and good work ethic and be prepared for a constant learning curve.

Manulife is fair and understanding and allows you to be independent and outgoing. Has activities that allow you to have at work.
Clear project goals were communicated, interviewed by the AVP of Group Benefits, friendly and open minded individual, explained the project objectives, hard date timelines and reasons for those restraints, complement of project team discussed, which included existing full time staff and contract staff. Stakeholders were mainly Finance , as the project involved merging two General Ledger systems into one. Essentially , the project involved taking the Product Financial feeds and redirecting them to the new General Ledger System. Security Rules required rewriting, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly job runs required testing and balancing . Success of the project had two main deliveries, on time and balanced and signed off by the AVP / VP of Finance Group Benefits. Project met expectations.
Pros
Staff assigned to project were all subject matter experts in their field of expertise.
Cons
Limited Test environments, created challenges unexpected for Project Team
Manulife Philippines has a great environment environment and friendly personnels. They are the Number 1 in twrms of Market capital in the Philippines.
Pros
They have 67 critical illness free for their rider ECI which make them top for this criteria
Cons
Bit Expensive
8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!
Manulife financial is the place I will encourage people to work a place where there are no bosses but leaders a place where no matter how you look or where you are from everyone is equal. The value of employees is key to management and the working culture is excellent .manulife makes you feel part of a bigger family
Pros
Providing career advancement opportunities and
Cons
Too customers obsessed
8 July 2020
my experience at manulife was insightful and challenging as i was always learning something new. The environment of the workplace was pleasant as i had my own space.
8 July 2020
Great working environment. I love working at Manulife. The work culture at Manulife is great and the managers are very supportive. I would recommend working at Manulife.
8 July 2020
Good while it lasted, it doesn't matter what you know. It's all about who you know! Your performance doesn't matter as much as if management likes you. So make sure you are aware.
8 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.
Work expectations don't align with your training. Trainers seem to think training is about them, and meeting their performance goals first then training the new employee. No focus attention to listening to the new employee, only on going through material. Unrealistic, expectations from management, especially new ones. I was working 2-3 hours nightly at home, and didn't meet expectations. Employees are very competitive, and very little sense that you are working together. Don't underestimate the greed of an insurance company! You would think a company like this would have these kind of things worked out, but it wasn't in my case.
8 July 2020
a fast work environment but a friendly place to work at
good team work

great supervisor

friendly personnal

easy location to access

secure place

good salary
8 July 2020
Our team has a great culture of collaboration and we all have the permission to challenge the status quo, including what we do and how we manage our work/life balance to deliver quality work. Top management plays a key role in it.
8 July 2020
Manulife is a large company. All business units work separately. I loved the overall culture of the company, but the area in which I worked did not seem to embody the work ethos the company was aiming for.
8 July 2020
No assigned seat spaces for employees. Manulife has fun lunch events for teams to build rapport and socialize. Training and advancement opportunities are available in the workplace. Human resources is very lax with taking action on complaints and can quickly make work environment toxic for complaining about work standards or code of conduct.
8 July 2020
Manulife can offer a lot of learning opportunities for people. An increasingly global view is something that few organizations with historical roots in Canada can offer.
8 July 2020
Working at Manulife feels like being part of a family. The odd abrupt firing did happen, but for the most part job security is felt and you feel the leadership have interest in keeping employees happy and engaged. Lots of perks and benefits, from personal and mental health, to learning platforms. A great place to work overall.
8 July 2020
Manulife is one of the few true Canadian MNCs. Lots of opportunities to work in new areas and try new things. The global team is very professional and focused. Canadian division tends to be unfocused, poorly performing.
Pros
Good work life balance. Transformation minded executive leadership.
Cons
Matrix can be complex and convoluted.
8 July 2020
Very encouraging of work from home practices and encourages work/life balance. Training resources for some teams are lacking and could be a little more established.
8 July 2020
Working at Manulife is one of the best achievements for serious candidates.
There is a very good working environment with a very kind and serious supervisors
8 July 2020
Lots of learning and cutting edge technologies. Management is very unskilled and unprofessional. Unidirectional decisions. Huge organization with lots of opportunities inside.
8 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals. If you wish to follow up with us further, please email us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.
Worked in the Global Communications department where there were a lot of interesting and varied projects across the organization. It was never boring!