Manulife logo
Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 758 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,292 reviews

Great company to be a part of for all these years with a good work/ life balance.

Featured review

Manulife selected this as a representative review
Manulife was not only a major contributor to my success in Canada but it also help me to form life long friendships. Through this job I was able to gain valuable hard and soft skills. I enjoyed coming in to work everyday and appreciated any challenges that came about in my daily tasks.

8 July 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Très humanitaire

L’entreprise est très à l’écoute de ses employés et offre une belle environnement de travail

Pros

Bon comite sociale, très humain

Cons

Rien de négatif à dire

Not a fun place to work

Management not trusted Management not qualified for the position Management will present only the facts that make them look good and you badManagement too young needs about ten more years of experience before they could even startas a trainee in there positions Management hires there own friends and push the rest out of a job

5 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.  We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Job Security? NO!

One extreme to another in departments should you move around. Group benefits had a well contact center was a well oiled machine. Excellent training and support ongoing as long as you need it. Fun people and team environment.IIC Individual Life had no training plan, no "proper" support no proper expectations of the job. If you are here it's sink or swim. Most quit or go on medical leaves for a reason. Terrible management.

Pros

Excellent Work Home Balance with Remote Options

Cons

Trainers have actually not done the job

5 May 2021

Manulife is giving up on its employees

This company has great benefits, great management great coworkers. It's overall a pretty good gig. However the direction they're moving in is disastrous. They no longer care about their employees. They give you 10,000 per year for mental health services instead of making the job less stressful overall. They know people won't have time to actually use those services but they get to show off how much they care. They would rather stretch out the energy of their current workers as much as possible until they quit or move somewhere else, rather than just hire more people and create a better environment for the costing employees.If you stay in the call centre you can expect to get trained on advanced contracts within a year or two, and you'll only get the standard inflation based raise even though you now have to take more calls than before. They are stats focused, although it is only an issue if you're really struggling hard. Management seems like they're only there to get sat on by the higher ups. Upper management just makes decisions without any care in the world and then forces the supervisors and managers below to take the flak for it. They pretend to care without actually caring.They are moving toward a more traditional call centre environment eith contract workers instead of permanent employees. They don't want people sticking around because you're only valuable for the first year or two. After that you realise that "peak" season is actually just the entire year and you get super burnt out with no end in sight. Your only hope of enjoying Manulife is to get out of the call -

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, lots of vacation time, free coffee and stuff

Cons

Nonstop calls, high stakes calls (health insurance), stats pressure, constant peak hours, limited chances to take vacation, rotating shifts

5 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive employee experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this feedback with the team involved.

Opportunities if you want them

A lot of jobs there are contract jobs, but they can indeed lead to permanent jobs with good pay. There is a lot to be learned, a lot of skills to be gained and a lot of work to do - it’s a busy place with a lot of different departments. The Halifax location is at a great location with great facilities. It can certainly be the type of job where you check out at the end of the day and that’s that, but there are definitely opportunities to move forward if you’re willing to invest the time, effort and enthusiasm.

Pros

Lots to learn and do, if you want it.

Cons

You may feel less “part of something” if you are a contract worker.

5 May 2021

they have alot of old school folks working changes are very slow

the interview was pretty straightforward, the question focuses more on the ability how to handle customers by going thru different scenarios and lasted about 30 minutes. there was some basic technical question nothing to be feared.

Évolution de carrière

Évolution de carrière-------------------------------Bureau convertible multifonction

Confusing place to working

If you're the favourite of management then you do okay and are heavily rewarded. The rest get the work and caseload piled high. Lack of communication and support from management but the company claims to care.

work/life balance....

promotes work/life balance but there really isn't any. It all depends on your manager. Company is too top heavy, not enough employees in the groups, creating overload.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

long hours, terrible management

Jobs at Manulife

See more jobs

Very respectful and employee centered

Great company culture, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance. Diverse and respectful employer, work from home an option. You are expected to work hard and be able to work in a team. Opportunities are national.

Pros

Bonus, good benefits, work from home, flexible hours

Cons

Lots of processes, meetings, slow to change, hierarchical

1 March 2021

Loved the product an position

Would have stayed except for the mortgage meltdown of 2007.Never had a funner position! Football games in Seattle for top sales in Canada!Best time ever!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Longer hours

1 March 2021

Relaxed atmosphere and lots of work

Never a dull day at Manulife. Nice people, I got along with everyone there. It was very easy to talk to anyone there. I would say mostly my concerns were addressed and everyone came together to help me. I would also help others when I could. My manager was very helpful and I enjoyed having her as a boss.

Pros

Lots of work, rarely bored, nice co-workers

Cons

Long hours and quite stressful

1 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Not a good work environment

The worst department I’d ever worked in. It caused me a lot of headaches.. I do believe overall Manulife could be a good place to work depending on the department you work in, however most I’ve asked either quit or had a negative experience.

Pros

Cons

Work environment/culture, low pay, unnecessarily stressful

1 March 2021

They offer more vacation than competitors, and gave us an extra week for 2021due to COVID. My area allows remote work. As a result there are lots of virtual meetings. Great work/life balance. Management is great.

Pros

Vacation, remote work, laid back

4 January 2021

Good while it lasted... until they restructure

It’s tough when a big company buys another company and then they have to go through a personnel cut.We see this often today and it never gets easy. Complete culture change and adapting to new management takes a willingness to adapt and learn new things.

I have worked Manulife Securities

Worked with Advisor over 6 years in St. Catharines as executive Assistant, enjoyed the office work and learned about the trades and rules of the trades , was a good job

Pros

Hour break for lunch

4 January 2021

Great place to be

it was fun working at Manulife, the years working there everyone became family instead of co-workers, team leaders and supervisors are always willing to help, plus lots of support tools to help get the job done

Pros

free thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, easy access with public transit, lots of place to have lunch

Cons

short breaks, huge building, no free parking

2 November 2020

Worst job ever

Worst place I have ever worked Nasty coworkers Not what you know it’s who you know after they took over Maritime Life they were sneaky and laid people off regularly over the first year rather than all at once so as not to look bad

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Awful management

2 November 2020

Great team to work with.

Had a great time working there.Great trainer, team members and supervisors genuinely interested in your growth. Challenging work environment that will cause you to bring out the best in you.Had to leave cos i was a contract staff and needed a permanent job

Pros

Great team always ready and willing to help, nice work environment.

Cons

Could be super busy sometimes with back to back calls

10 September 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

Good to work

Good to work in Manulife Financial Services. Management is good. People are cooperative. Pay rates are decent. I strongly recommend if you get opportunity.

19 August 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement