Manulife Securities Employee Reviews

Too Big
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
The company is too big. Slow to change. Commision grid kept changing for the worse. Other than that it was ok to work there.The process of doing business was hindered by the mountain of paperwork that was required.
Terrible managment
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 December 2017
No benefits. Contract was not followed by employer. No work/life balance. No HR dept. Office too small. No accountability.

I would not recommend working here.
Excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 November 2017
Great place to work. My job however was outsourced and that is why I am job hunting.

The staff were wonderful, compassionate, hard working. I worked directly for the CFO who was also terminated in May. High staff turnover at the Oakville location. It was a great job.
Productive place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 August 2017
Majority of your day goes to marketing your services by way of cold calling.
I learned a lot about the investment industry.
Management was nice.
Workplace culture seemed like a big family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having friendly competitions within our branch.
Pros
A lot of training
Cons
work to build up own book of business
Investment Adviser Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 July 2017
Monday to Friday work from 9am-9pm
Building strong relationships through the utilization of a holistic needs-based sales approach, assisting clients in achieving and understanding their evolving financial goals. Provide banking and financial solutions to meet the needs of customers.
• Prospect for new clients using the following methods: cold calls, warm calls, breakfast seminars, dinner events, professional networking events, referrals, lunch & learns, flyers. • Actively manage the team member that ensure successful events planning. • Follow up with internal/external department ensure documentation prepared/completed is accurate and properly
Great company
Wealth management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
very kind and cares about employees. Dont hesitate to accept job if offered. Well worth it. Montreal offices are very clean and full of kind people
Manulife
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 October 2016
is a great place to work - apart from your day-to-day tasks you can engage in different groups and projects. It never gets boring. The work you do is rewarding - not only because " but also because management supports you and your career goals and there is also a bonus program in place.
Great place to work !
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2016
Great place, great colleagues and managers! very good benefits. ability to work from home. ongoing training and support from management
productive and great team
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 July 2016
co-workers were amazing. regular 9-5 job
awesome people and definitely a cute office
Very busy environment
had 1 hour lunch
working under my boss to make cold calls and inform people on the latest investment strategy
Pros
great office
Cons
no benefits
Was nothing special
Securities admin (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2016
They try to make you feel as though your are a part of something bigger, but at the end of the day, you are just another number.
Great Company - but no benefits
Associate Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2016
Great Company - but no benefits. Being a single mother, having health/dental is important to me but it is not something they offer for a discounted fee. They gave me a quote of over $400/month for myself and my daughter!
Productive environment, teamwork, skill and knowledge accumulation
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 March 2016
Manulife Securities provided a positive, competitive and highly conducive work environment. Great coworkers made working in a team very enjoyable. I was trained in complex and advanced wealth management strategies that provided me with a significant competitive advantage over others in the industry. The office was very well managed and was a pleasure to work at. A typical day would involve making several contacts with potential clients, working on proposals and client/prospective client files with coworkers and leading client/prospective client meetings in order to acquire new business. The most enjoyable part of the position was being part of such an ambitious team and the hardest part of the job was probably the long hours.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Manulife is a great place to work.
Advisor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 November 2015
I really enjoyed working at Manulife, its a great place to work with fantastic leadership that provided excellent feedback and support.

A great team environment that was helpful and fun at the same time.
Pros
Benefits package was excellent
It's a very interesting position. Meet interesting people all day.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 October 2015
Manulife Securities is a very large company that is an exciting place to work. I have learned quite a variety of new and interesting things.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Great Office Environment
Branch Administrator/Reception (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack BC19 October 2015
This office is a wonderful place to work. For the most part co-workers are great. Clients are so nice and wonderful to interact with. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the clients on the phone and in person. Hardest part was learning information without any formal training.
A very low key professional office
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 August 2015
A very small office but all Advisors and office staff enjoy our Friday afternoons getting together. Most enjoyable part is greeting clients as they arrive for their appointments offering beverages should they have to wait for a short period of time.
The Administrative lady I replace is very hard working and I am always encouraging her to share some of her workload (easy non confidential) to help out.
Pros
I enjoy the company I work for and have made my own financial contributions to the company.
Cons
can't think of any negatives to my position!
Great workplace
Internal Communications and Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2015
 Responsible for the creation and distribution of branch communications
 Coordination of branch presentations and meetings
 Responsible for ensuring the understanding of new corporate promotions
 Creating accurate monthly performance results
 Build and maintain relationships with investment representatives and other institutions
 Prepared and distributed promotional ad-mail
 Organized and coordinated internal client seminars
 Responsible for creating and implementing crisis communications plans
 Monitor and assist in securing private documents for clients
Friendly working environment
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2015
use cold call to bring prospects
financial planning, tax planning and retirement planning
nice working environment
Best place to have a career as an investment advisor
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 January 2015
Lots of cold calling and prospecting. If you put in the hours and continuously try to improve every single day then you can go far.
Support to New IA's and office support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta18 March 2014
Small office. Good people to work with and a good environment.