Manulife Securities

Manulife Securities Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Manulife Securities
A pool of sharks, if that's what you like.. will enjoy. You will learn a lot about yourself in the process of reaching out and building relationships.
You eat what you kill
Extremely hard to debut in this industry but I was luckily very well surrounded at the branch I was working at.
No culture is the Manulife culture
A typical day includes listening to people talk about driving 3 kilometres to get their "double double" or Starbucks or go to Walmart or Costco on their lunch breaks. A typical day is working on a year-long project with a group of people who you will never meet in person. A typical day is spent facing a wall in your cubicle. A typical first day there does NOT include a "welcome" lunch, team meeting or anything welcoming at all. All the onboarding and all the offboarding is "self-directed" and you have zero interactions with a human because it's all automated. Nobody cares when you join, nobody cares when you leave. That is Manulife!
This is the top school of business development in Canada!
Having spent a few years here at the broker, I had the opportunity to work with the hardest working people in Canada. This place is the cradle of the best sales people in Canana.
Very Little Trust of management
This excuse for a investment dealer should take lessons from True Independent Investment dealers with competent leadership abilities. Show that they actually do value the advisors who contribute to the companies bottom line.
Having management cowardly hide behind the corporate doors and only show their faces at every extravagant event . If difficult conversations have to be confronted upper management is sure to pass it down to the lowest level and hide like children. The concept of the company is a good, the management is unaccountable. If you fit the Cult culture you will surely enjoy this company.
Pros
the model
Cons
The management
Productive and fun place to work
great people to collaborate and share ideas with in order to make work more efficient and seamless. workplace culture is great and there is a good work/life balance.
.Solid workplace
Productive environment with room to grow for those who want it. Movement is not often so hard work is imperative to be noticed in the company. Would work there again.
Great place to work. Benefits are one of the best. Supervisor was a bullie and tried to intimidate
People are great. Loved going to work every day. No security because they are continually downsizing so you never know from day to day. Makes for a negative work environment. It's all about the money.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation. Company has lots to offer
Cons
No security regardless years of service or position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manulife Securities?
Downsizing constantly, underpaid, etc
employees are treated like garbage. expected to do the work of 2 people while making minimal pay and benefits always getting cut back.

Working from home ability was a plus.

Management always talked about cutting costs and layoffs and job elimination. Made our jobs to be training new hired employees in Manila who became our replacements.

Working for Manulife, management used nothing but scare tactics. Expected employees to "stay motivated and work as hard as we can" while the only messages from them were "jobs being cut, employees expected to train new hires as their replacements, while cutting benefits and still working to find efficiencies to eliminate more jobs"
Pros
working from home, somewhat flexible hours
Cons
management, job cuts, poor benefits, long working hours, employees in managerial roles while receiving minimal pay
Management is terrible
Dorval’s two branch managers (siblings) are terrible. The office layout is hazardous. Manulife is a good company, but avoid this branch at all costs. There is zero training or guidance provided. Awful place to work.
Pros
Cons
Branch manager, environment
Excellent company for involving employees
I was able to travel, represent Manulife, learn, teach and network
Was able to learn and implement financial software.

Good bosses, good work environment
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas gifts
Cons
I dont recall any
Full service investment advisory
Full service investment advisory. Offers the full range of products and services available in the financial planning industry. Customer focused and competitive in their offerings.
Pros
Independent Advisory service. Not obligated or pressured to sell any products at all.
Cons
No organize method of attracting or getting new clients.
Great place to learn new skills
Great place to learn and advance in career. You are always learning something new on the job. I would go back and work for the company if the job was available in my town.
I liked working there
There is lots of opportunity to move around, but they've been cutting jobs the last few years. People used to stay there long term, but job security is low now.
Pros
Big company
Cons
job cuts
Too Big
The company is too big. Slow to change. Commision grid kept changing for the worse. Other than that it was ok to work there.The process of doing business was hindered by the mountain of paperwork that was required.
It was a fun workplace
It was fun babysitting her daughter and I enjoyed the work, I did basic cleaning and meal preparing, plus I had to entertain her kid and would work for two to three hours once or twice a week.
Pros
I got to hang out with a really cool kid
Cons
There were non
Terrible managment
No benefits. Contract was not followed by employer. No work/life balance. No HR dept. Office too small. No accountability.

I would not recommend working here.
Excellent
Great place to work. My job however was outsourced and that is why I am job hunting.

The staff were wonderful, compassionate, hard working. I worked directly for the CFO who was also terminated in May. High staff turnover at the Oakville location. It was a great job.
Productive place to work
Majority of your day goes to marketing your services by way of cold calling.
I learned a lot about the investment industry.

Management was nice.

Workplace culture seemed like a big family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having friendly competitions within our branch.
Pros
A lot of training
Cons
work to build up own book of business
Monday to Friday work from 9am-9pm
Building strong relationships through the utilization of a holistic needs-based sales approach, assisting clients in achieving and understanding their evolving financial goals. Provide banking and financial solutions to meet the needs of customers.

• Prospect for new clients using the following methods: cold calls, warm calls, breakfast seminars, dinner events, professional networking events, referrals, lunch & learns, flyers. • Actively manage the team member that ensure successful events planning. • Follow up with internal/external department ensure documentation prepared/completed is accurate and properly
Great company
very kind and cares about employees. Dont hesitate to accept job if offered. Well worth it. Montreal offices are very clean and full of kind people