Manulife Insurance Philippines Employee Reviews

One of the worst companies I have worked for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Manulife Financial is one of the most old school places I have worked for. Tons of bureaucracy and hierarchy. Worst places for young individuals! AVOID
Pros
Hours are decent sometimes
Cons
Bad management, hierarchy, corporate politics, lack of learning opportunities, inefficiency!!
Awful work environment and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2018
Started working there, was pretty excited for a start in a career with Manulife Bank/Financial and it seemed alright but noticed a lot of people coming and going... and I mean a lot. Kind of made me wonder what was the issue there but I soon came to find out. (Which is why you constantly see adds from Manulife themselves and recruitment agencies on here for the Customer Service Roles 265 days a year). They pick and choose favourites and backstab their less favourite employees. Employees will wake up in the morning, come to work thinking they’re doing great at work and have a casual every day conversation with their manager then next thing you know you never see them again because they get blindsided by their managers and get a call once they’re home from their job that day saying to NOT return the following day without any explanation whatsoever. I will never understand why they can’t sit them down and speak to them at work but most stories I hear are from employees getting home from a good day and receiving calls telling them not to return.

All they care about is their “numbers” when it comes to their calls per hour/day etc and do not consider ANY illness or anything whatsoever as a proper reason to miss a day of work even with doctor notes. Also a very clicky atmosphere, managers talk behind most employees back to the supervisors and other of their favourite employees on lunch breaks. Very unprofessional and miserable place to work.

You have to get used to customers calling in every single day screaming at you because the company messed something up or another employee
  more... didn’t do what they were supposed to do. Many employees also choose to leave from feeling too stressed and underpaid for what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Overall TERRIBLE job. Would not recommend if you want to keep your mental health at a good standing. If you are mentally strong and don’t mind playing a bit of Russian roulette when it comes to a job, give it a try. Personally I got out of there as soon as I could.
Pros
Cafeteria food
Cons
Everything but cafeteria food
Great work spirit
Client account administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
This is one of my best work place to work at, great team work, productivity is the key. The managers are easy to approach and open concept offices make the day goes by fast.
Pros
smart building
Cons
only contracts
I have nothing good to say about this company
Life New Business (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
This was the worst job I ever had. Terrible leaders and co-workers.
Laid off so many good people from Maritime LIfe. Didn't actually look at how things were done, just came in and bulldozed everything
Pros
non
Cons
everything about the job and people
Awfully run
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2018
Pay/benefits are good for the amount of work required. They “promote” internal advancement but it is really rare when you apply for another position that they actually call you back.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rotating schedule, very small room for advancement
Tbd
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada16 March 2018
Manulife is a great company
great flexibility and culture
Every day is different which is great if you like change
Customer service rep
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2018
challenging but rewarding.My biggest reward is to put a smile on my callers' voice.
Relation, communication and team work with management wasn't it overall
Very inclusive/exsclusive
Manulife/OTIP Group Benefits Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 December 2017
I worked for Manulife for a about 6 months before being moved to another company.

in that time, myself and my fellow call centre colleges were treated like we did not exist. No one made an effort to speak to us, except those who were in charge of us while we were working there.

Staff very standoffish and unfriendly.
Pros
good pay, decnt beenfits, great cafeteria
Cons
management not approachable
Very productive company
Senior Bilingual Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
working for Manulife was a good experience for me given the variety of product that the company have to offer on the market. The last one was cover Me which is a hybrid of health and disability.
It is fun in the working field yet a great learning experience for me.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2017
Investment is a very important in life because this is the reason to sustain our livelihood on a long term basis with confidence, happiness and satisfaction. That is why invest wise and invest with a purpose.
Pros
Great learning ground, nice environement and team
Cons
Comission based only
Manulife Bank
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
The bank is virtual so u have to over come the negative of that, where it is not for everyone. The products are great in comparison to the other 5 banks. It is a great company to work for and great management. If your good at your position you will not advance out side of your department as they don't want to loose good employees
business analyst
Business Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
excellent working env.enjoy working here. business analyst on a simcorp dimension implementation project for c2. migration of positions and reallocation.
A good place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 October 2017
The system is reading my resume wrong. I worked for Manulife Financial in Waterloo Ontario, not the Philippines.

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had team spirit before the department was outsourced to a private company.
Pros
Nice clean environment, good IT department.
Cons
At times we worked very long hours. Up to 32 hours of overtime in a two week period.
Excellent place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Good team enviroment
Good opportunity to learn
Excellent opportunity to meet new people
Challenging
Excellent resources to work
Great work from home culture
Amazing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
This is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
rotating schedule
So much Bureaucracy
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2017
Projects are extremely slow moving because the approval process is daunting. Managers micromanage, so no sense of ownership on anything. They claim they have work/life balance, but it all depends on your manager, some like to micromanage more than others and frown upon working from home.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
work life balance, depends on which manager you get, some embrace it, some like to micromanage
Definitely not a place for a writer
Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
My experience at Manulife was a culture of fear, which I noticed another reviewer also noted.

I was hired as a writer and then they attempted to transition me to a horrible project management role that no one wanted. All three of my friends at Manulife have moved on.

There are some decent people here, but the executive environment is totally corporate and cut-throat. A lot of internal politics.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
Repressive environment, too much internal politics
Culture of Fear
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
This company provides NO job security. Senior management dismiss and fire people without conscience. They do the "talk" but not the "walk". Most roles are "learn as you go" and promotions are not merit or skill based.
Before accepting any role, interview your hiring manager and their manager to make sure they are genuine and sincere.
Pros
New Offices
Cons
Poor Management
Great learning experience as a student
Actuarial Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Offer broad learning experience through rotation
Supportive environment and friendly coworkers
Great work life balance
Senior Manager/Director, Control Programe & SOX (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Excellent corporate culture and values.

The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all we do.

They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult.