Manulife Insurance Philippines Employee Reviews

I have nothing good to say about this company
Life New Business (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
This was the worst job I ever had. Terrible leaders and co-workers.
Laid off so many good people from Maritime LIfe. Didn't actually look at how things were done, just came in and bulldozed everything
Pros
non
Cons
everything about the job and people
Awfully run
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2018
Pay/benefits are good for the amount of work required. They “promote” internal advancement but it is really rare when you apply for another position that they actually call you back.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rotating schedule, very small room for advancement
Tbd
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada16 March 2018
Manulife is a great company
great flexibility and culture
Every day is different which is great if you like change
Customer service rep
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2018
challenging but rewarding.My biggest reward is to put a smile on my callers' voice.
Relation, communication and team work with management wasn't it overall
Very inclusive/exsclusive
Manulife/OTIP Group Benefits Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 December 2017
I worked for Manulife for a about 6 months before being moved to another company.

in that time, myself and my fellow call centre colleges were treated like we did not exist. No one made an effort to speak to us, except those who were in charge of us while we were working there.

Staff very standoffish and unfriendly.
Pros
good pay, decnt beenfits, great cafeteria
Cons
management not approachable
Very productive company
Senior Bilingual Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
working for Manulife was a good experience for me given the variety of product that the company have to offer on the market. The last one was cover Me which is a hybrid of health and disability.
It is fun in the working field yet a great learning experience for me.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2017
Investment is a very important in life because this is the reason to sustain our livelihood on a long term basis with confidence, happiness and satisfaction. That is why invest wise and invest with a purpose.
Pros
Great learning ground, nice environement and team
Cons
Comission based only
Manulife Bank
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
The bank is virtual so u have to over come the negative of that, where it is not for everyone. The products are great in comparison to the other 5 banks. It is a great company to work for and great management. If your good at your position you will not advance out side of your department as they don't want to loose good employees
business analyst
Business Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
excellent working env.enjoy working here. business analyst on a simcorp dimension implementation project for c2. migration of positions and reallocation.
A good place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 October 2017
The system is reading my resume wrong. I worked for Manulife Financial in Waterloo Ontario, not the Philippines.

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had team spirit before the department was outsourced to a private company.
Pros
Nice clean environment, good IT department.
Cons
At times we worked very long hours. Up to 32 hours of overtime in a two week period.
Excellent place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Good team enviroment
Good opportunity to learn
Excellent opportunity to meet new people
Challenging
Excellent resources to work
Great work from home culture
Amazing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
This is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
rotating schedule
So much Bureaucracy
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2017
Projects are extremely slow moving because the approval process is daunting. Managers micromanage, so no sense of ownership on anything. They claim they have work/life balance, but it all depends on your manager, some like to micromanage more than others and frown upon working from home.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
work life balance, depends on which manager you get, some embrace it, some like to micromanage
Definitely not a place for a writer
Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
My experience at Manulife was a culture of fear, which I noticed another reviewer also noted.

I was hired as a writer and then they attempted to transition me to a horrible project management role that no one wanted. All three of my friends at Manulife have moved on.

There are some decent people here, but the executive environment is totally corporate and cut-throat. A lot of internal politics.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
Repressive environment, too much internal politics
Culture of Fear
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
This company provides NO job security. Senior management dismiss and fire people without conscience. They do the "talk" but not the "walk". Most roles are "learn as you go" and promotions are not merit or skill based.
Before accepting any role, interview your hiring manager and their manager to make sure they are genuine and sincere.
Pros
New Offices
Cons
Poor Management
Great learning experience as a student
Actuarial Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Offer broad learning experience through rotation
Supportive environment and friendly coworkers
Great work life balance
Senior Manager/Director, Control Programe & SOX (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Excellent corporate culture and values.

The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all we do.

They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult.
Good place to work if you live at home and don't have any expenses
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
If you have a family to feed i highly recommend not to apply for the Landscaper position. Even though it's a very big company your pay will not go up there, only 2 percent a year which is 20 cents maybe even less than that.... Upper management doesn't care about this department at all. It is a perfect job for someone who just finished school and lives at home and has no expenses. Overall I am very disappointed that a unique place like this one doesn't care about there Gardening Department and there Property.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work clothes provided, short days good benefits
Cons
Salary
Should treat employees the same as customers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2016
Work life balance was great, compensation is good as well. I didn't care for some middle managers including their bullying, attitude and management style.

I met some great people there.

Job security is not great regardless of how long you have been there.
Great Salary/Benefits but no work/life balance
CUSTOMER RETENTION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
The work atmosphere was interesting: we would have all these impossible standards that would need to be met, if you didn't meet these standards you would be put on a performance improvement plan however if you did meet them or even exceed them, no rewards were given out.

The job itself was enjoyable - between taking calls we were allowed to do anything we wanted as long as when a call came in we took care of the customer.

The hardest part of the job? Being constantly told not to "give people hope" when it came to if we could file a claim for them in tough situations.

The most enjoyable part was being able to actually help people on the few occasions we could.

Management loves to micromanage every minute of your workday so that if you miss a break or your lunch by 1 min or went over your break or lunch by one minute, you had to make up the time!

The co-workers were great until "cost-cutting" and "making the department more efficient" measures occurred - job security and morale are always at a low here now.
Pros
Great Salary, Good Benefits
Cons
Long/Difficult Work Schedule, Poor Management, Job Security