Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Relax work environment. . Management was very accommodating to address any personal or work related issues. The job itself, once you knew the products, was trait forward. The most enjoyable part of working at Manulife was working with my colleagues.
Horrible place to work
Very stressful, low paying, horrible place to work - manager was very cold hearted - lots of favoritism - off shore processors make huge errors and it’s the CSR’s that get to handle the front lines - everything is back logged but you can’t say that to customers
Productive, Collaborative and Competitive
Team Meeting - Daily strategy planning - Data creation - Automate Test Suite - Execute testing - Defect identifying - Arrange and proceed defect call - Defect reviewing and resolving - Release daily reports - Summaries

Learned individual duties and responsibilities and to achieve targets / goals on daily basis

To challenge your own self and try to enhance or upgrade your skills individually or along with the team

Adaptability and flexibility with the fast change work environment

Competitive and productive and ensure your work ethics would be beneficial to stakeholders and business owners

Good and well organised Team Management

Hardship of getting work and life balance. Long distance to commute

Good Team members and fulling our target within the time frame gives enormous happiness
work place
Great place to work, some tension between the Ontario and Quebec management staff. Used Skype to communicate mostly with manager and my staff who were located across Canada.
Pros
work from home
Cons
long hours and pay schedule
They want your firstborn but pay well
This company used to care about its employees but now just worries about the bottom line. It's a dog eat dog culture with lots of pet employees that smile at you one day and stab you in the back the next if it gets them further ahead. Work from home culture which is great but the unreal work demands are excessive for the amount of time you have and the expectations of the role, especially when plans change on a dime but you aren't given time to adapt.
Disorganised mess
There was no manager on site for our department, if you had any questions or needed anything to get done you had to email them over Skype. They set up a new website that didn't work and suddenly I was required to be technical support despite that not being in my job description. Very stressful and chaotic.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
No manager
Manulife is a large life insurance company and has good actuarial rotation program. Employees could get exposure to different teams by participating in that program.
Good place to work with supportive leadership and transformation initiatives. Pay is also fairly well. Good work life balance. But there is no job security. Any time they do mass layoff and call it Org Restructure.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manulife Financial?
Flexible hours and ability to work from home. Requires the ability to learn new process and systems quickly. Fast pace and stressful work environment.
Overall Manulife is a great company to work for. It provides lots of opportunities. Great team work and cooperative work environment. Compatible salaries and benefits. The hardest part of the job is the high caseloads, constant changes, difficulty with work-life balance. The best part is the ability to work from home and flexible hours.
Fast paced environment
Going through a lot of change right now but they have flexible work environment which is great. The direction that the company is heading in is positive.
Stressful Work Environment
Manulife is a large organization which continues to go through reorganizations. This leaves the staff wondering about their jobs and future. While the company emphasizes moving departments, in practice this is easier said than done. Manulife is a generous organization financially to their employees, just with they would gave more consideration to employees mental wellbeing.
Productive and Fun Workplace
The environment is really nice and they accomodate you a lot, you have free coffee and games available to you at any time. It s a really friendly workplace.
it was a great experience.
I learned a lot. I loved working with Manulife I would love to go back. My position was to help IT team in a huge project for 6 months, I am looking for opportunity to go back to Manulife in their GTA area. I was driving to Kitchener everyday from Toronto and It was not easy in winter time.
Productivity was required but that is same with other companies.
The job that i had was a dream job for me. I helped a lot of people that needed help. I was all, customer service, tech, researcher and adjudicator. To help a kid that needed a wheelchair a hospital bed or oxygen i was always there for them. Got discounts for people which were overcharged in US hospitals. I listen to people ad gave them a better day. Never looked at my pay as that was very sad. Moral was very low but i had a good supervisor and manager.
Pros
Free lunches were given only on July 1 and Christmas.
Cons
In my department, overtime was always required.
High volumes daily with tight deadlines
average workplace with some flexibility work/home
currently many changes so job security is unknown

downsizing and outsourcing to overseas

manual tasks changing to digital
Friendly environment
An easy commute to work with enjoyable people to work alongside. No career progression or compensation adjustments for successful and efficient employees. It does begin to take away ones motivation to do well and to not look at other career opportunities elsewhere.
Stressful call centre environment
I was in a call centre position, even though my education and training was better suited to other positions within the company. The company does not seem too concerned about putting the right people in the right job, so the call centre environment had a lot of turn over.
Fast-paced, transforming and evolving workplace
I've worked for the company for 12 years. I've been able to move up (and laterally) to finally get into the right role for me. Unfortunately, the by-product of internal movement at Manulife is that there is no opportunity for significant salary growth. As a result, I have 12 years of work experience at one of the top companies in the financial sector, and I am vastly underpaid. It's a frustration I've had for a long time.

Manulife simply doesn't pay me what I'm worth, and that is very de-motivating and difficult to square with the amount of work I put in on a daily basis, but also over my tenure. There are other ways I feel valued for my contribution, of course, unfortunately, fair compensation is not one of them.
Large insurance company
Manulife is a large insurer but always looks to improve efficiency in delivering their services to customers. They are eager to adopt new technology if it improves delivery.
Productive environment
Group Retirement and insurance based company.
Surrounded by very success driven people.

Great benefits due to the nature of the business.

Possibility of advancement.
Its an okay place to work
While I have referred a few people into Manulife for different positions, the work/ life balance is definitely an issue and they don't hire enough people for certain departments, which leads to stress on the employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
Stressful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.