Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Decent Pay Poor Leadership
Bilingual Travel Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Decent pay for the industry. Perk to work at home most days. Horrible communication by management who are mostly unqualified for the role. Overall a decent place to work if you can put up with your inept managers.
Amazing Company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 April 2018
Manulife is an amazing company to work for. Work from home, great work life balance. Great salary and benefits. Employees are great to work with. Management is also very supportive.
Good
Business Analyst - Health & Dental Project Area (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 April 2018
Good Place to work - Enjoyed my time there and would look forward to coming back - enjoyed the people I worked with and the ability to work from home.
Great atmosphere and work ethic
Life Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2018
The company is great to work for and has a stable work environment that is able to change based on the ever-changing clients requests to better the system;

Tasks and goals are not overwhelming

Teamwork is a factor that is learned and practiced effortlessly and backed by a good company track record it is no wonder it a pleasure as well to work for a company provided you willing to put in the work
Flexible work arrangements, poor compensation system
Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 March 2018
Manulife provided flexible benefits, flexible work hours, and flexible work arrangements. I had a few of the best managers I've ever had at Manulife, but I've also had some poor managers.
My biggest complaint about working for Manulife is that you got rewarded for good work with more work. Their compensation and recognition programs are not their priority, and not on par with other companies in the area.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Great company, lots of changes going on.
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Great company, lots of changes going on, moving in the right direction with focus on automation and technology. Big company with opportunities to advance in a number of different directions.
Analyst
Retail Sales, Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 March 2018
Manulife Financial Corporation is a Canadian multinational insurance company and financial services provider headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Great company with great talented people
Financial Reportng Coordinator, Inv Controllers (Former Employee) –  toronto9 March 2018
A lot of great talent, rewarding for good performers, training provided and great learning opportunities. The executives are top notch bright people who set high goals, and expect the same
Helpful and encouraging
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
Variety of responsibilities
Management encouraged input
Learned new things
Follow up on performance
Busy office environment
Friendly and helpful staff
Systems Analyst/DB-UNIX systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Based on my experience, this was a good place to work in. The salary and benefits were average. It had ample opportunities to learn more and move ahead. It was a good environment to work in thanks in most part due to my immediate manager.
productive environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2018
Fast paced, constantly changing work environment. Job security is not strong as senior management is always looking for ways to be cost focused no matter the employee impact
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
no job security
Wonderful work environment with lots of friendly and experienced developers
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2018
A wonderful work environment with experienced developers who will happily guide you through developmental resources and outlining best practices. I've learned a lot at Manulife and have enjoyed my coop experience there. Another interesting thing about their culture is that once a month they reserve a day similar to Hackathons and allow for developers to freely work on side-projects or new technologies. Manulife's incentive to allow developers to experiment and explore new technologies is a great idea and a bonus to their workplace culture.
Client Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
Good place to work. Priority is given to employees with families. Work from home option after 3/4 years of service. Salary is commutative, not much room for advancment.
great place
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
great place to work
lot to learn
offer equality
team is great
best culture
management knows how to take care of the employees very well
dedicated longtime employees
Opporunities
Business Analyst/Intermediate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2018
- Many areas and functions within the company so opportunities to learn, grow, and advance in many career streams.
- Very structured environment
- Structure has impaired some job search opportunities with companies looking for people who are flexible, causing emphasis to be given on company environment rather than personality of applicant.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Structure can inhibit opportunities with companies with a more dynamic environment
Restructuring after restructuring
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
I found lack of leadership during difficult time of restructuring organization. Overall environment is toxic due to fact that people were afraid to lose their jobs.
Pros
Good employee cafeteria
Cons
Toxic environment
Overall good place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Lots of departments and divisions. Good opportunities for those that are able to build close relationships with power brokers in the organization. Close knit teams.
Decent place to start a career
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 January 2018
This is a huge organization with lots of opportunity and work diversity. They are a little behind the times when it comes to management style and techniques.
Bad bad place to work.
Forms Designer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 January 2018
Awful place to be.. they beat you down and then kick you to the curb. Would not go back if they invited me. eg...Having a scrum at my desk one day.. A manager asked me a question and he did not get the answer from me he wanted and blew a gasket.. Abused me verbally. There were 2 Directors around me who all went to my manager to explain what happened and that I did nothing wrong. My manager put me on probation because I made him look bad in front of management. Bad place to work.. Management is out for themselves.. The peons do not matter.. Stay away !!
Pros
Cons
See above
good place to work at.
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2018
my experience at manulife was positive. the projects that i worked on were well managed.
learning curves are everywhere, i was able to learn my way through the practices easily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.