Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

worse company on earth
Customer Service Professional (contract) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 July 2018
They treat you like you are garbage and no job security what so ever. they will lie to you and tell you that you are doing great and that you are an investment and yet you wake up one day to be told not to come in for no reason. worse place ever management is not supportive and they overwork you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Lots of Changes coming in 2018
Intermediate Business Analyst, GRS (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 July 2018
The company appears to be moving in the right direction, away from a focus on insurance and towards core capabilities in financial investments and technology.
Management is not able to motivate and lead teams..
Derivative Products Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
I was hired as a contractor on the largest project ( as per management statement). Management is inexperienced in team building, project management and project delivery.

No standards in communication and documentation.
Manulife Financial
Director, Global Optimization Implementation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
Good flexibility and able to WFH as many times per week as possible. Management gives individuals a chance to grow but movement within middle to senior management is limited.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too many meetings
Stressful.
Senior Life Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 June 2018
Stressful. Job security is awful.
Moral is the lowest it has ever been
They don't seem to care much about their employees. Cutting 700 jobs in KW.
thanks
Flexible workplace environment with good benefits.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 June 2018
Overall I have enjoyed my time at Manulife. Finding a position in Nova Scotia with decent salary and benefits can be a challenge. I profit from their Work from Home initiative and generally supportive work environment.

However Manulife is undergoing significant changes that I do not feel are beneficial for its workers and for the most part, are not beneficial for its clients as well.

Pros
Work from Home, Benefits, Supportive Environment
Cons
Disorganization, job security.
Strong Technology Resources to Connect Globally while working from home
Director, Crisis Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Very deliverable focused and valuable resources made available to collaborate and to share best practices globally. Very quick to respond to market changes and risk like cyber threats and to collaborate on process improvements. Dynamic new leadership who recognize the importance of crisis management to triage risk issues quickly
Pros
Highly accessible executives meet yearly
Cons
Hierarchical management can slow responsiveness
Na
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 June 2018
Learned required skills for job

large company
multiple different job types as well as job requirements for doing work
culture is ever evolving within Manulife
not a great company to work for anymore
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
not much support good vacation but no opportunity to use it. The staff was not made to feel like we matter and there was no opportunites to move or grow
Cons
management was not suportive
Good place to work if your in the right area
IT Leader\Integrator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 May 2018
Good place to work if your in the right area. Work life balance is valued. Lot of changes happening in the company that will only benefit Manulife in the future.

Want to know more about Manulife Financial?

Ask a question
They are going through a massive restructure
Intermediate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2018
They are going through a massive restructure right now where they are letting people go on a regular basis that have a long tenure with the company...
Big company - lots of opportunity
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
If you are entrepreneurial, you can navigate a good career here.

It was a long time ago that I worked here, enjoyed my time but left for a better opportunity elsewhere.
Employed for 22 years
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 April 2018
Company allowed me to advance my career and worked with me to develop my business and personal skill sets. Manulife supported me with a good work/homelife balance.
Decent Pay Poor Leadership
Bilingual Travel Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Decent pay for the industry. Perk to work at home most days. Horrible communication by management who are mostly unqualified for the role. Overall a decent place to work if you can put up with your inept managers.
Amazing Company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 April 2018
Manulife is an amazing company to work for. Work from home, great work life balance. Great salary and benefits. Employees are great to work with. Management is also very supportive.
Good
Business Analyst - Health & Dental Project Area (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 April 2018
Good Place to work - Enjoyed my time there and would look forward to coming back - enjoyed the people I worked with and the ability to work from home.
Great atmosphere and work ethic
Life Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2018
The company is great to work for and has a stable work environment that is able to change based on the ever-changing clients requests to better the system;

Tasks and goals are not overwhelming

Teamwork is a factor that is learned and practiced effortlessly and backed by a good company track record it is no wonder it a pleasure as well to work for a company provided you willing to put in the work
Flexible work arrangements, poor compensation system
Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 March 2018
Manulife provided flexible benefits, flexible work hours, and flexible work arrangements. I had a few of the best managers I've ever had at Manulife, but I've also had some poor managers.
My biggest complaint about working for Manulife is that you got rewarded for good work with more work. Their compensation and recognition programs are not their priority, and not on par with other companies in the area.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Great company, lots of changes going on.
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Great company, lots of changes going on, moving in the right direction with focus on automation and technology. Big company with opportunities to advance in a number of different directions.
Analyst
Retail Sales, Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 March 2018
Manulife Financial Corporation is a Canadian multinational insurance company and financial services provider headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.