Manulife Bank Employee Reviews

Not applicable
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 September 2018
Not applicable. Not willing to write review at this point and you should not make it mandatory to go on with the application process. That is all I have to say
Pros
good corporate culture
Cons
Unbalanced growth and risk
Fun Place to work
Bilingual Fraud Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
It was fun to work there but due to the third party contract, I felt restricted, and advancement didn't seem viable in near future. The place to work for Millennium 1 Solutions was too claustrophobic.
Pros
Good Environment to work
Cons
Third party contract to millennium 1
Fast paced robotic place to work
Policy Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 April 2018
Got me through to retirement. Ceo wants ideas but resources can't make even the littlest beneficial changes when it would make a major impact. Customer is #1 just wished they treated the employees the same way. Be good to your employees and they will be good to you.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Boss and team in another province and never met
Good culture, work-life balance and good benefit
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 February 2018
Highly recommended to those having children and want to have work-life balance, but may not so good for those young ambitious people to have a quick career advance.
Great people
Banking and Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON23 January 2018
As a self employed Banking Consultant I enjoyed the challenges as well as helping people achieve their goal in finding and financing their dream home.
Pros
meeting people
Needs some organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 December 2017
It seems to be a good company. However, he training was conducted in an unorganized way. The lack of staff led to train us with people who wouldn't normally do it. On top of that, the whole training was through Skype. The job requires deep knowledge of banking softwares and processes. The training provided was inadequate to take calls that satisfied the clients. Staff is helpful though. I was hired through an employment agency and therefore had no benefits with Manulife.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Employment through agency means low salary and no benefits.
flexible hours
Retail Lending Specialist/Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 August 2017
This is an an excellent company with a proven record of good products. I enjoyed the interaction with the clients. The general work culture was good. Sometimes the pressure from advisors and clients was a bit much. Generally a good company
Pros
good health plan
Cons
lack of precision
Good for younger workers
Senior Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS20 March 2017
Good company with varying opportunities.
Competitive wages
encourages team work
open to change
International opportunities
fiscally responsible
strong risk management
Overall very good culture and definitely a good place to work in.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Very good work environment.
Competitive salary.
Enthusiastic and motivating team members.
Always provides better opportunities and exciting challenging tasks.
Customer Service Manulife Bank
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON8 September 2016
This was a contract position and had a short time. Did receive training in a short amount of time to become a level 3 representative as the company had confidence in my knowledge and bility
Great company and good training opportunities for growth
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 March 2016
Manulife Bank has been a great place to work. It has a good work life balance. I have enjoyed every day working there for the past eight years.
Incredible Company with incredible solutions
Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 March 2015
As a banking consultant I manage a portfolio of 250-300 financial advisor's, I assist the advisor's and their clients on a daily basis with their financial needs and to help them obtain their goals. I came from a mortgage broker background. I maintain client relationships all over the country.
Pros
work from home
A day after a long weekend
IS INTEGRATOR III (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 September 2014
Coming to my desk , log in to my computer , checking the problems already was requested , and looking into the ticket need to be closed and following up with my team on the escalated tickets.
me and my team we always on top of the alert . and we always taking turn for on call time as well day and night. we respond to the IT tech support team email.
Also we see which code we need to deploy.

the most enjoyable part of the job is looking into a problem and you end up solving after spending a long time and you write down a note to your own to learn something new .
i always say every problem been solved i've learned something new from it