Mantis Investigation Agency Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Mantis is a great group of folks. I've been with them for about ten years now and I can't recommend them highly enough. I became a P.I. as a bit of a lark, but its now become my chosen career.
By and large as an investigator with Mantis you'll be working alone (you'll occasionally be teamed up with other investigators, but not that often). The job offers a lot of freedom, so you won't be micromanaged to death - but its a high trust gig, and you're expected to have good judgment. There's definitely a steep learning curve as you begin, but the managers do a good job of coaching you through challenges, and most of the investigators are seasoned vets who have been doing this for ages - if you ever need any support or advice they are a great resource.
A big plus is that everyone in the office has years of experience in the field, so they know what they are asking of you when they send you out on a job (and just how challenging it can be). Its also a smaller company, so everybody is friendly and knows everyone else. There are no "office politics" or any big egos to deal with. The company is very chilled out, even if the job can be stressful at times.
Hours are pretty flexible, you can work as much or as little as you like, but typically the managers will ask you to work full-time. I've never had a shortage of work as long as I've been with the company. The pay is pretty good, and there are group health benefits which is nice. Overall, I'd recommend Mantis to anybody.
Pros
A lot of freedom and room to grow
Cons
Unpredictable hours and lots of driving
True to the Industry Stereotype.
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
There is no recognition of loyalty, experience or integrity. Management is non-responsive to advice, concerns or recommendations. There are questionable practices and a general overall lack of communication. One questions the validity of any report submitted due to creative editing and changes made without the knowledge or consent of the investigator. There is no pay equity and holiday pay has remained consistent at 4% for decades. As commonly quoted by investigators, "You are only as good as your last case".
Pros
Independence and time scheduling.
Cons
Two many general managers and not enough management.