Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 316 reviews matching the search See all 14,160 reviews
its a job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2018
really enjoyed working indoors for a change then working outdoors for most part my work experience. sure will miss the place but it is what it is. nice people.
productive and fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2018
I worked part time and 5 days a week and night shift. I learned their company rules and regulation. I worked Tim Hortons before work man power, so a lot of duties were different from pervious. They teach us every single things. The management was good. In the work place, we worked a team. That is good, every one was helping each others. the hardest part of the job was when I was alone, makes me sleepy. otherwise it was enjoyable job.
horrible communication
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2018
I worked for Manpower inside a large retail distribution centre for ten hour shifts. I worked for six months and left after my contract was completed due to a recurring back injury I had previously sustained elsewhere. I repeatedly requested Manpower to replace me in a job closer to where I lived before I left but nothing was done afterwards about my situation. Although I have a bachelors degree and I had proved myself to Manpower during my employment with them, they never had any further opportunities for me except more long shift factory work which I couldn't accept. My back recovered over the months following.
One of the best
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2018
MP does their homework. You are placed according to your skills and personality. I learned it is crucial to be honest about your self so you're placed where both parties are a good fit.MP reps were always on top of things which made it enjoyable for the most part. Workplace culture varied depending on your assignment. The hardest part of the job was the temporary status and no paid benefits. The most enjoyable part was the people, from Manpower to their clients and associates.
good for quick work
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON29 October 2018
this company was good with placing me quickly into a position. the people i worked with here treated me fairly and i have no complaints. they have a good screening system
manpower is manpower
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON26 October 2018
they will find you work and it wont be the best but its work, it could be lots of work at one time or none so take what you can get and if you go in a lot they will expect it
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours little pay
Good work environment
Temporary Customer Service & Administrative Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2018
Working here was definitely a learning experience I learned new WMS as well as work environments as this was far different than a warehouse setting but the same type of work. Management was very involved in the training process and the hardest part of the job would be trying to get used to the new atmosphere. I enjoyed the knowledge of the background information and data that I never had the opportunity to understand or learn before.
Great working environment
Regional Recruiter & Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, NB25 October 2018
Excellent Work place and staff, great opportunities and would recommended this company to work with.
positive attitude towards staff and company goals
Most of the people I worked with reaily good people!
Temp Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 October 2018
Most days start out by doing safety checks on all the equipment we are using for the day! Do double checks on the production from the shift before, and if they are pass, we continue on, and if they fail, we trouble shoot and fix the problem!

I learned torch, and induction brazing, drive a lift truck, and operate overhead cranes, as well as countless hand tools!

If you knew your job, management would get you what you needed, and left you alone!

Most of the people I worked with, knowledgeable and helpful, they were very easy to work with!

Training new people when the think they can do the job better than you!

The most rewarding thing is when you finish a job all the hard work and dedication to knowing your profession was all worth it!
Pros
Worked with great people!
Cons
Some of my jobs were really dirty!
its an ok company
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
would b better if the recruiters cared more about the people, if you could long term positions, benefits given working, you do meet great people working though
Contract Posiition
Direct Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
This was a contract position. I Worked in the bank in a contact centre environment I was expected to sell travel insurance to existing clients all across canada. Got the job at BMO bank of montreal through employment agency was located in downtown toronto.
Pros
worked in a canadian bank thriugh employment agency
Cons
contract part time position
Always pleased to assist you
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2018
Located many excellent jobs through this service.
Friendly
All placements were potential full time positions.
willing to provide basic training skills
Great Place
CIBC DCC CREDIT CENTRE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
It was great working with manpower! They help me get a job quickly, prepped me for the interview and had an office on site in case i had any questions.

I would definitely choose them again!
temporary employment
Engineering Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 September 2018
Good place to get a position to learn or advance skills. Hard to secure full time position and although they provide benefits they were insufficient for families
Summer jobs
Commercial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nantes5 September 2018
That was the introduction to the professional life. I had to adapt fast to the different businesses I was hired for. It was challenging and full of learings.
Worst experience ever.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta4 September 2018
After working at the contract and submitting my hours they overloojed something and was not paid. That is not the problem, when confronted with the problem, they turned around and blamed me for them not paying me and then the runaround over a week with has ended up with me with no job and still waiting to be paid for my work. I highly recommend staying away from this placement agency as they are completely unprofessional about their mistakes and wil terminate you the second that you rock the boat. If I could give less than one star I would. They truly rate about negative 5.
Pros
Cons
Lack of compassion or pay
Inventory
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2018
I have learned so much with this company working as Inventory.
At the same time the company is new and wasn't much organized as i expect it.
No matter how much i work hard they don't seem to appreciate my hard work.
quick and fast job hunters
Occasional Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 August 2018
manpower is a good temporary job placement finder. I got to work at many places. Staff was friendly and help with many questions about the work placements.
Terrible office support team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 August 2018
The two ladies that manage the Red Deer office are very unprofessional. They don’t return phone calls I’ve tried to see if they have found any employment opportunities. I would NEVER work for them again go to other employment agencies there’s enough of them.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management
Good
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Mississauga/Brampton10 August 2018
Kept me working most days. For some places there wasn't enough work because they would hold it until the employee returned.It was hard not knowing if you would be working every day.
Cons
having to wait for when your next job will be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K