Manpower
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Manpower Employee Reviews

Canada441 reviews

Found 441 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,980 reviews

Productive and good place to work.

Manpower is a a good place to work in terms of work is available most of the time. No worry in regards to being laid off. Met a lot of people from different culture.

Fast paced environment; good for part-time workers

As a general production worker, I worked in an ultrafast paced food warehouse for minimum wage. The good part of the job is that the agency hires anyone irrespective of educational background. Some locations give you bonuses after working a certain period of time. You can always choose whenever you want to work in a week.The not so good part is that you get body pain after working each day. I personally won't recommend working full-time due to the stress involved. Depending on which location you work, you might meet either friendly or grumpy supervisors. You will also show up for your shift to find out that there is not work that day. You get compensated for showing up so I find that manageable. Overall, the hours are good, and there isn't so much to learn, as you primary need stamina and understanding of basic math and English.

Insights into Manpower

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good workplace

Great place to work! Amazing bosses and coworkers, very good with needed time off and caring for there workers when they need time off. Fast response time when you need a response

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No benefit

Productive and fun place to work.

Started 10 years ago, with ver little Office administration experience and now I am definitely more confident now in my roles when placed on assignments. Amazing team to work with and they always encourage furthering your education via ManpowerGroup’s online courses. Thank you so much for your trust in me!!

Awesome to work for!

Manpower has boosted my self-confidence professionally so much! The Supervisors and Management don’t make you feel inferior to them, but the complete opposite, you feel like their equal. It’s a great company to work for, and not all the positions open are temporary. Some are permanent m, and they pay you well.

ManPower is a bad place to work if you don't have a vehicle

ManPower hires ppl to work for other companies, and even if you make it very clear that you rely on transit to get to/from work, they will still send you to work at places that aren't on a bus route, and if you have to taxi/Uber/Lyft to/from work, don't expect any form of reimbursement for any money that you had to spend to get to or from work. And if you request to be transferred to a different company that is closer to home or is more accessible to get to and from work, prepare to either be fired/"laid off due to budget cuts", or best case scenario you get to wait weeks, or even MONTHS to be transferred, and sometimes you will be transferred to a place that is even farther than the last company, even if you specifically ask to be transferred somewhere that is easier/more accessible to get to due to not having the ability to drive or get a ride .

Never met my recruiter or anyone from Manpower.

Sad to say but working for them was draining.You are just an associate deployed to the client. Most of the time, pay has missing hours, joining them was a mistake.

Pros

Cons

You are just an associate number, cant even get past the answering machine if you need to clarify something.

First job they sent me to was exactly

I was sent to.a University as a maintenance specialist and was told that there was a chance after 3 months i could be hired on. The job was excellent and I can not complain about the servic3 ai recieved from manpower ither than when I informed them that the job was posted on line and wanted to dind our what was happening they didnt get back to me. Which when I found out 3 days before my job was to be over i phoned them and they then told me that the job was ending leaving me no time to find other work Like the mass majority of people especially people who work for temp places I have bills and notice would have been greatly appreciated. I am still waitng for them to contact me with another job while I also look elsewhere. The staff there is friendly and I do honestly believe in my field things are slow. So for now I have to say Manpower is good place to apply and I have all the faith in the world in them.

Pros

Friendly staff, professional, and getting paid was easy and on time always actually early most weeks

Cons

No job security lack of communication sometimes

Temp Agency, Doesnt usually lead to full time in my experience.

Temp Agency, Doesnt usually lead to full time in my experience. Complete Waste of time, Got several contracts with them that never got anywhere. However the people who did end up getting hired from contract didnt like working within the main contractor so they eventually all quit within 2 years of being hired full time.

Pros

Free Tea

Cons

Pays peanuts, Treats you like monkeys

Interesting depending on where what you are doing

I've worked for manpower for a while in-between my other job. Even once having a car doing job in Bolton and other far places. I did assembly, packing, shipping & receiving, some machine operations, labor. Mainly none food places but did food as well. I enjoyed it even in the worst of places. Dealt with lots of varying agents. Most supervisors on the job were fantastic but very rarely did I find one not but they do exist. Sometimes they misunderstand and write misguided info reviews. I still try and be positive and I am happy to assist.

Pros

learning and growing, a job, meeting new people, gaining experience, etc

Cons

basic, job manufacturers positions lacking choice, distance at times

Great place to work & friendly team

Company has excellent values and provides the tools necessary to hit yours and the team's objectives. The company and management does a good job in ensuring that there is a good balance in driving results and making work fun and enjoyable. Management is open to hearing and supporting new ideas.

Pros

The work is stimulating and fulfilling, fantastic team & supportive management, rewarding compensation in terms of both base and commission

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

Decent

They provide a lot of training throughout. High stress work and everything is seen as urgent. Very little work-life balance and you always have to make sure you take note of everything in the event there are discrepancies.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

High stress, a lot of bias

Run, Run, Run

There is a reason they offer these big sign on bonuses. Work environments are garbage and your are just a warm body for ManPower to make money from. The companies they get are the ones no other agency appears to want.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no pay

Nice place

I enjoyed working with them . My hours were pretty much flexible. They were reasonable people when came to job's. Not much more to say except that it's a good way in door

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Not enough work sometimes

Joining the seniors daily activities

Stress free environment and wonderful colleques, the management are wonderful too. Quick response to needs. Running after seniors trying to elope. I am okay

Great environment and support

Very supportive higher management, good open communication welcomed, ability to complete tasks by own time and efficiency. Good support when needed with no micromanaging

Good place to get contract placements

It's a great place to work. Friendly colleagues who are always ready to help. Pay is a little above average. The onboarding process was quite simple.The shifts could be long but you get a few days off during the week.Supervisors are very responsive and customer-centric.

Pros

Regular update of information, Supportive colleagues

Cons

Inadequate training

Worked for manpower in various rolls

I have worked for manpower over a long period of time doing different jobs. Some of these positions were just temporary assignments but they gave me great skills and I met people. Now some of the jobs I work there through other agencies as well. There is no perfection in anything but I was trained substantially. Most of the people I dealt withBeing the agents as they call them talent agents were proficient. There are times that I knew I was not appreciated but it is limited. Manpower trains you and cares. I think manpower for the opportunities.

Pros

A job you can rely on as well as pay

Cons

limits types of jobs & conflicting hours

Always training and learning

Fast paced rand needed to be reactive to job fulfillment s sometimes at last minute. Busy and multi taking always a must but day went by quick and rewarding when placing people in jobs.

No complaints

Interview process was pleasant and truthful. Working environment was as advertised. Communication could be improved but in the end if you are needed you will be contacted. If not then await contact.

Pros

Accurate and truthful communication between management and employees.

Cons

Work is sporadic.

Awesome place to work

Manpower was the first place to hire me as a new professional immigrant in Canada when a lot of other places refused to consider my international work experience. They are a genuinely nice bunch and I enjoyed working at Manpower. An awesome work culture, a supportive manager and friendly team members. Would love to go back!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement