Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 321 reviews matching the search See all 14,482 reviews
IT Desktop Specialist
IT Desktop Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2019
abilities of fast pace work environment, diversity to meet and work with people around the world. multitasking and an opportunity to work with advance technology.
Pros
company promoted respect to each other
Cons
envite employee to work as team
No support
Parts Driver and Warehouse Laborers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2019
Things were all well and good then company I was working for went in a different direction and since this occurred ManPower hasn't had the time of day for me. I call and they say they have zero jobs Zero. I find it hard to believe this is true since they are a temporary job agency.
Pros
job is great
Cons
No support from Manpower if situation changes
Talent Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2019
Good management in Manpower. They will train you the sales training and they will give you all the tools that you need to be successful in the job. They are all professionals
Manpower
Clients Program recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2019
Manpower is a good company to work with, the employee has a lot of opportunities to learn new things and grow internally.
The company has great employees and friendly environment as well
alright
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 January 2019
very few hours, very few contracts, very little communication, you dont know from one day to another if your going to be hired for the same job, and might be a lower waged job then expected and screws your budget a new one.
poorly managed
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 January 2019
Was continuously harassed by supervisor who was there at the time. went out of her way to find ways to get me fired. caused me to have issues to find a new job. person has since been fired because of treatment of other staff but too late to help me with my case.
Pros
pay, continuous available work
Cons
poorly managed
Rester dans l'emploi
Interimaire (Former Employee) –  Haute-Garonne17 January 2019
J'ai pu faire des petits job pendant mes études et rentrer dans l'emploi une fois celle ci terminé.
Fun and friendly people to work with.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2019
Fun working with people with different backgrounds and be treated as their own. Always enjoy working with people who likes to communicate in or outside of of work making you much closer with your associates and they are more likely to help or assist you during the times of need like family.
Pros
Extra paid breaks
Cons
long hours.
I regret
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
They make you write a anonymous review and after they don’t like you for telling the truth, they delete it off their website.. I hate this place, I was promised a full time position after my probation but that’s not the case.. communication is horrible, they don’t care about paying you.. I guess the way agency works is that they make a deal with these job companies so you can stay with the agency as long as they want so both company can make money and fire tu whenever
Pros
They answer on time
variety of positions
data entry (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, Peterborough area4 December 2018
I was a contract worker that was sent to various companies in the area. The variety was exciting as I never knew where I would be sent and what I would be doing
Pros
variety
its a job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2018
really enjoyed working indoors for a change then working outdoors for most part my work experience. sure will miss the place but it is what it is. nice people.
productive and fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2018
I worked part time and 5 days a week and night shift. I learned their company rules and regulation. I worked Tim Hortons before work man power, so a lot of duties were different from pervious. They teach us every single things. The management was good. In the work place, we worked a team. That is good, every one was helping each others. the hardest part of the job was when I was alone, makes me sleepy. otherwise it was enjoyable job.
horrible communication
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2018
I worked for Manpower inside a large retail distribution centre for ten hour shifts. I worked for six months and left after my contract was completed due to a recurring back injury I had previously sustained elsewhere. I repeatedly requested Manpower to replace me in a job closer to where I lived before I left but nothing was done afterwards about my situation. Although I have a bachelors degree and I had proved myself to Manpower during my employment with them, they never had any further opportunities for me except more long shift factory work which I couldn't accept. My back recovered over the months following.
One of the best
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2018
MP does their homework. You are placed according to your skills and personality. I learned it is crucial to be honest about your self so you're placed where both parties are a good fit.MP reps were always on top of things which made it enjoyable for the most part. Workplace culture varied depending on your assignment. The hardest part of the job was the temporary status and no paid benefits. The most enjoyable part was the people, from Manpower to their clients and associates.
good for quick work
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON29 October 2018
this company was good with placing me quickly into a position. the people i worked with here treated me fairly and i have no complaints. they have a good screening system
manpower is manpower
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON26 October 2018
they will find you work and it wont be the best but its work, it could be lots of work at one time or none so take what you can get and if you go in a lot they will expect it
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours little pay
Good work environment
Temporary Customer Service & Administrative Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2018
Working here was definitely a learning experience I learned new WMS as well as work environments as this was far different than a warehouse setting but the same type of work. Management was very involved in the training process and the hardest part of the job would be trying to get used to the new atmosphere. I enjoyed the knowledge of the background information and data that I never had the opportunity to understand or learn before.
Great working environment
Regional Recruiter & Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, NB25 October 2018
Excellent Work place and staff, great opportunities and would recommended this company to work with.
positive attitude towards staff and company goals
Most of the people I worked with reaily good people!
Temp Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 October 2018
Most days start out by doing safety checks on all the equipment we are using for the day! Do double checks on the production from the shift before, and if they are pass, we continue on, and if they fail, we trouble shoot and fix the problem!

I learned torch, and induction brazing, drive a lift truck, and operate overhead cranes, as well as countless hand tools!

If you knew your job, management would get you what you needed, and left you alone!

Most of the people I worked with, knowledgeable and helpful, they were very easy to work with!

Training new people when the think they can do the job better than you!

The most rewarding thing is when you finish a job all the hard work and dedication to knowing your profession was all worth it!
Pros
Worked with great people!
Cons
Some of my jobs were really dirty!
its an ok company
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
would b better if the recruiters cared more about the people, if you could long term positions, benefits given working, you do meet great people working though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K