Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews

Management is supportive, encouraging and compassionate, and I feel as though my work and life contributions/experience matters and makes a difference. I'm treated as a person, which is most refreshing, and not just another body to do the job. One must also have a positive and can-do attitude and be flexible and helpful. These words ensure success, fulfillment and meaningful employment.
Pros
Wonderful management and terrific work opportunities
Cons
There are some team leads who shouldn't lead teams
Manpower was the first place to hire me as a new professional immigrant in Canada when a lot of other places refused to consider my international work experience. They are a genuinely nice bunch and I enjoyed working at Manpower. An awesome work culture, a supportive manager and friendly team members. Would love to go back!
L'environnement du travail est propre. Il y a un très bon esprit d'équipe entre les collègues et les superviseurs. Il y a de bonne explications afin d'avoir connaissance sur les ventes.
Mississauga Manpower is the worst job agency I have ever seen. They take your personal info and then you get the silent treatment. Folks don't fall for them...they have the 905 area code .
Cons
Fast paced work environment with tight deadlines, high volume. less work life balance in many roles, depends on individual department and managers. Competitive work culture
They will make you register with them and collect all your very personal information, conduct a background check on you and after that whole process is done they will tell you that they no longer have the position you applied for and ask you if you want another position. Then after when you try and contact them they will purposely hang up the call on you and ignore your email. This is very unprofessional. Stop wasting people's precious time. Ive never registered with an agency before but this will certainly be my first and last time. You are better off getting a job directly from an actual company if you have experience and credentials.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Move between a variety of jobs, but they pay is always low after manpower takes there cut. Management is horrible, takes days even weeks to hear back from your manager, they never give you straight answer and are changing there minds.
I am working with Manpower from 3 months and if you work properly they will contact you first every time when they have new job opportunity. But remember they don't pay for break time.
Pros
convenient (pay directly to account and allot shifts over email or phone)
Cons
Don't pay for lunch break time
Can't really write a review about Manpower itself as I did not really work for them. They would place me at different companies. But, they were very good about choosing what companies I was matched with and I enjoyed my time there.
Talent Coordinator readily available and easy to reach. Understands current market and searches for positions suited to my skills and also provides a challenge when offered.
Pros
Able to select my work assignments.
Cons
Full-time employment not always offered.
I really liked the boss, the work place is very stressful as it comes with the job. meeting new people was really fun and being able to help people out when finding a job was very rewarding :)
I had several assignments thru manpower, kept in touch with me, I also worked at their office to cover an illness, I did have to turn one assignment down due to an short illness, I hope to hear from them again
The work is very intense and active. I worked with people from different countries and learned about their culture. The hardest part is wrapping the pallets. The job environment was amazing.
ManPower did not follow up very well with pay checks, which arrived lates sometimes. They have poor management and are not very well organized. They were better, at first, but after a month or two, their support and service began to be almost absent. They also seem to have an odd turnover of office crew, within their internal office. Salary was not bad, though. The service you receive will really depend on the employee that takes you in charge and will also depend on how long that employee stays your ManPower associate support.
not willing to invest in the employee, not upfront and honest about performance feedback. Not collaborative management style, militant. Quick decision making with lack of thought, reactivate and not proactive approach
Good agency to get to know. Good job offers, with fast and easy application. The staff members are knowledgeable and communicate well and clear. Two thumbs up.
Manpower management could use improvement in how they communicate with associates to be more accurate and when inaccurately communicated a message follow it up quickly with a correction.
I would like to have another opportunity for an interview. I am available at anytime but prefer the NE part of the city. You may contact me at anytime.
Pros
Cons
Nothing g
I started as an onsite coordinator for a distribution company. The contract was ending soon after and the bid was not accepted. I was relocated to another onsite office in the finance industry with a large client that had a lot of turn over. The training was not sufficient for the demands of the position. Difficult to find work life balance It was a long time ago so my valuation of the company
Working in warehouse where we are Putting and placing stuff in the pallets to make all merchandise ready for ship etc...and clean the work place for next day.
To work for Manpower group is so awesome with huge opportunity to learn or to certified on different mechanism.safe and organized management.quick and reliable assignment.
  1. Employee reviews