Manning Park Resort

Manning Park Resort Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Poor management, bullying and gossip,
That feeling you got when picked last for dodgeball. Fake friends and gossip. Nobody cares about you genuinley or personally. Felt alone all the time.
Pros
Free use of all amenities, super cheap rent, beautiful sceneray
Cons
A tight knit community full of attitude, bullying and judgment
Horrible management, disgusting living conditions but hey you get a seasons pass !
Mould in housing blood, puke stained mattress’s.
Unorganized and untrained management and it sure shows.

My mate was not shown how to properly sign in, was only shown the lifty log so now his pay got frigged over and is missing a week of pay.

Make liftys bump a chair that the manufacturer says not to bump. BUT HEY CHEAP RENT AND A FREE SEASONS PASS :)
Disgusting company!!!!
Manning Park allows bullying and harassment to go on including from management. If you speak your mind you will get framed and fired. There is unsafe work conditions daily. Management are not trained properly, the HR has no schooling to be in that position so no compassion for the worker. It was the worst job I have ever had. They will screw you anyway they can.
Disorganized and Unprofessional
Management unorganized. Either too much work leading to super stressful days or not enough work leading to long periods of time with nothing to do. Employees feel like they are not respected so in turn they do not respect management. Complete and total lack of communication. Remote location makes it extremely difficult just to get basic necessities unless you have a car. Petty department feuds. You get some free perks though so to be here you have to really really really want to ski for free. Otherwise it's just not worth it.
Horrible Management
I would give 0 stars if I could, horrible management... disgusting living conditions, the list goes on however great/friendly co workers who are in the same unfortunate situation you are...
Management needed to be improved
Just had a bit too much drama sometimes but thats what happens when there is no where really to go.
Could be improved with a common area that was not the pub or your staff accom
Narcistic , unexperience gm
Good summer job for students . If you are experienced manager don't go . The gm is running this place down in the back of the owner who seems to have a blind confidence into him.

STAY AWAY FROM THERE NO MORE TO SAY.
Pros
nothing free
Best and worst place
Since the new manager has taken over, the place is horrible for employees. They refuse to listen if you have a problem, staff housing is a dump, mould contaminated water etc. They do nothing to make your working environment safe.

Having said that, the people you work with are amazing and the environment is beautiful. What a wonderful place it could be if only management would care about the employees.

If you decide to go there, keep in mind you are going for the outdoor adventures, not to be respected. Remember to never sign an averaging agreement with them, you will not be paid overtime but expected to work 10+ days in a row. If you don't sign it, you most likely will not get enough hours to make it worth working there.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible management, little pay.
exciting
this was something I had never done before and I am happy to say that I did! it was an awesome experience and I would have stayed longer if it wasn't for moving back home.
a great work experience!
i had a great work experience working and living at manning park resort, the people i was around really put me in a good mood , the pay was minimal but the location really made it worth while. the reason i left was too see family and to widen my horizon with good life skills.
Good job experience if you enjoy the outdoors
Manning Park Resort is a great location 45 min out of town either direction, The housing for staff ranges for a good medium to a rustic feel at best; it is also to be noted that they take a portion off your check every month to pay for your utilities. The pay was just over minimum wage. the views and activities to do make this the perfect place for those who love the outdoors. Manning is also a great place to form lifelong friends ships with people from around the world.
Pros
Location, activities
Cons
long hours, bad pay, not able to pick up food without car.
Official response from Manning Park Resort
17 January 2019
At Manning Park Resort we offer subsidized staff housing $130. bi-weekly for a private room or $90. bi-weekly for a shared room. Pay is dependent on position (entry level to long term staff), and we do offer some wonderful lifestyle perks. Seasons Pass for the ski hill, Nordic trails as well as free use of equipment in the winter. Free canoe, paddle board and kayak rentals in the summer . Free use of our recreation center and discounts at the hotel, restaurant and store. We work and play in a beautiful Provincial park that offers miles of hiking, biking trails. We also have been offering a free shuttle to town once a week for staff to purchase groceries, etc... Check out our website at www.manningpark.com and see why we love to work and play in the beautiful BC Cascade mountains.
Manning Park
Manning park is somewhere you want to go for the summer! a lot of fun crazy people. Management is very fair and understanding. I worked there as a Lightning Lakes Gate House Keeper and park operator.
Pros
Meet a lot of great people
Cons
having to turn guests away because we are full.
Fun Loving staff, beautiful area
Manning Park has its ups and downs for everyone but its more what you make of your experience here that counts. its a beautiful environment with a friendly team. I personally did not have an issue with management and found them helpful with any issues I had during my time here. I left the company on off seasons to go exploring and they always welcomed me back, eventually it came to my time to leave and try a new resort. However on my new adventure I badly broke my arm resulting in me being let go from the new company. I contacted manning park and after my 2 weeks recovery they found a suitable position for me so I wouldn't have to fly back home before my visa expired.
Pros
staff, scenic views
Cons
secluded which makes it hard to get to town if you don't drive
Working for for groups.
Spring and Summer are great fun. Most of the team members are really good people. Everyone seems to have issues with management in one way or another.
Pros
Geographic location for outdoor activities
Cons
Isolated, Pay, Infrequent Hours, Unwillingness from management to modernize.
Meh
Minimal pay but lodging was paid for, given lodging is not the nicest. The spot is as good as it gets though, its a stunning location and great for an experience
Mpr 2010
Manings a home away from home. Its located in a roe mote and amazingly beautiful surrounding, staff accommodation when i lived there was something to be desired but everyone made it home. It will always remain home to me and everyone who's lived there!
fun and safe place to work
I had lots of fun working in manning park. all the staff was very friendly and fun to work with. Every single staff member was willing to go an extra mile to help the guests as well as co-worker.
Pros
beautiful accomodation provided by the management
Cons
Had to drive almost two hours to buy groceries
A nice work environment with high paced and low paced periods
As a night auditor five days a week, my typical day includes catching errors in the cash out of each department member, from the restaurant to the boathouse.
In addition to the typical night audit duties, I've also been tasked with periodic updates the the manningpark.com website, as well as having created a more streamlined version of our end of day numbers using excel.

I enjoy the ability to excel on my own, to show that I can handle the responsibilities without direct guidance.

I've grown to be able to accommodate multiple tasks at a time through customer interaction and front desk shifts.
Pros
Ability to show responsibility through completing required tasks unguided
Cons
Several managers, sometimes unsure of who to contact for major questions.
A great summer experience.
Working at Manning Park is definitely a big change of environment for me, but i can truly say that it has been one of the best summers that I've had.
friendly enviroment easy going and fun people
my typical day would be getting up early and ready to work, doing the best you can do, and in the end it shows my co workers were respectful honest and reliable, the hardest part of the jobs was probaly sundays and mondays they were very busy days, but managable. the most enjoyable part of the job was the econamie, and the nature it has to offer.
Pros
free lunches and views