Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews in Gore Bay, ON

Featured review
Manitoulin Transport selected this as a representative review
Sales Coordinator
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 December 2011
Great company to work for with a dedicated sales team. Busy sales department, great manager (Director of Sales),
Pros
friendly people who work together
Cons
personal growth has stopped
Great Place to Work.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON11 June 2019
Open to new ideas. I had a great boss who was always available for feedback. Co-workers and customers for the most part were great. Made a lot of friends there also. Wide variety of work and lots of responsibility
Pros
Profit sharing, bonus, benefits, boss
Cons
Some politics
Great Place
Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON19 July 2018
The place is indeed a nice place to work. They understand small town culture while maintaining a global company.
They allow time off to get personal items done because of small island restraints.
Benefits are good and the overall atmosphere is good.
There are opportunities for advancement and they encourage inside promotion.
This is a laid back Island but this company is global and demands a fast pace with attention to detail.
Poor Training Strategy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON14 May 2018
I had resigned from the accounting department after only 6 weeks due to the following:

Training was minimal, forced, and inadequate. Often times resorting to repeated attempts by the trainer to understand what they were doing themselves. This was because each person had their own separate duties that others weren't familiar with. When an employee leaves, there is no one truly capable of training the new person if they are hired after the former employee leaves. So the trainer could be anyone but not someone who has experience with what they are training you to do.

Managers develop personal opinions about employees that affect their ability to manage properly the employee or the work being completed by that employee.

I would not recommend this company for the accounting department unless you already live in the area. But the reward for the risk of moving up to work for the accounting department makes it not worth it.
Pros
Good Benefits and retirement package
Cons
Poor management
Great Place
Linehaul Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON30 March 2018
Working at Manitoulin is a wonderful place , I enjoy going to my job and seeing the people that I work work each day. It so far in my career has been a wonderful experience.
Productive Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON27 April 2014
Hardest part of the work was trying to get ahead for the next day. I learned how to pace myself, not to over work self to accomplish what needed to be done. The co-workers were great to work with. The part I liked the most would be the fast paced environment.
Pros
Christmas Party getting to know all the Staff
Cons
Minimum wage
Well Structured Great place to be a manaager
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, Sudbury and travel8 March 2013
Manitoulin taught me how to deal with issues head on, how to follow a chain of command, how to get respect from your staff
Pros
lots of training and support
Cons
huge company east to become a number
Awesome place to work.
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON24 February 2013
This company is high on standards. Follows the rules, and supports their employees and helps in educational advancement.
Pros
secure fair work environment.