Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Manitoulin Transport selected this as a representative review
Sales Coordinator
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 December 2011
Great company to work for with a dedicated sales team. Busy sales department, great manager (Director of Sales),
Pros
friendly people who work together
Cons
personal growth has stopped
Loved this job!
outbound operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 March 2019
Worked for them for 12 years, never really dreaded going to work. Sure you have bad days like everywhere but always enjoyed the people And the atmosphere.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Pay could be alittle better
Great Pay for LTL company, newer equipment
Driver /Shipper Reciever (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2019
Great Pay however did not like the pay structure as it was on a piece work basis. Sometimes you really come ahead others you really feel like your being ripped off. The pay really depends on the run, the freight and the dispatcher. I'd prefer an hourly system with overtime after 40. The equipment is newer but just cheap Internationals. The stress levels are almost unbearable as they are always understaffed so the employees are always under pressure. Manitoulin is one of the better LTL companies to work for but definitely has its flaws. The staff have poor morale and dislike upper management, probably due to the stress put on the staff by the high workloads.
Pros
Good Pay, Newer Equipment, Home every night and weekends and holidays off.
Cons
Long hours, high stress, high work load, unfair pay structure, cheap equipment.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
Enjoy my job and all the people I work with. Very relaxed and stress free environment, newer equipment and computer tracking and logs. Management team is very knowledgeable and always willing to help you out. Consistently upgrading and training in order to keep employees aware of constant changes in the industry.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
long hours some days
Quality driven company and simply an excellent company to work for.
Site Manager, Hydro One Dedicated Services (Former Employee) –  Barrie On at the Hydro One warehouse facility.1 June 2013
I was actually employed by Manitoulin but contracted to Hydro One and managed the transportation of materials from the Hydro One Barrie warehouse to all of Ontario. This included overseeing trailer loading and ultimate movement of materials.
The Hydro One experience taught me logistics from the warehouse point of view. Issues such as inventory control and pick and pack were dealt with on a daily basis and my responsibilities were impacted by the activities of the warehouse due to the fact my office was actually on Hydro One premises.
I managed the entire operation without staff and actually dealt with the Hydro One warehouse manager face to face on a daily basis. It was truly a great relationship between peers and made my job so easy. Him with his warehouse knowledge and me with transportation it was a good fit.
The hardest part of the job was being called out for emergency material requests at two or three in the morning and I don't really consider that hard. Even lining up power to move the materials was relatively easy because Hydro One was priority one with Manitoulin therefore what I asked for was provided immediately.
My relationship with Manitoulin senior management and Hydro One staff was without a doubt the most enjoyable part of the job. I was given a job and was given all the tools necessary to do that job. I was allowed to manage the Hydro One/Manitoulin contract and succeeded because I was given the tools to provide Hydro One with the service they required.
Pros
See above
Cons
Absolutely none.