Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Office Clerk-temporary (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2018
-drivers very friendly bunch
-co-workers always available to answer questions and to help explain things
-every single person was friendly, approachable and made you feel like one of the team right from minute one of entering office.
Poor Training Strategy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON14 May 2018
I had resigned from the accounting department after only 6 weeks due to the following:

Training was minimal, forced, and inadequate. Often times resorting to repeated attempts by the trainer to understand what they were doing themselves. This was because each person had their own separate duties that others weren't familiar with. When an employee leaves, there is no one truly capable of training the new person if they are hired after the former employee leaves. So the trainer could be anyone but not someone who has experience with what they are training you to do.

Managers develop personal opinions about employees that affect their ability to manage properly the employee or the work being completed by that employee.

I would not recommend this company for the accounting department unless you already live in the area. But the reward for the risk of moving up to work for the accounting department makes it not worth it.
Pros
Good Benefits and retirement package
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work for hard workers.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2018
Everyone here pulls their weight, it is a great place to work. there is the usual amount of drama that happens when 50 people get together but the job gets done and you can go home at the end of the day feeling good. Hard work though, very hard work.
Pros
good pay, free food every now and then, good workout
Cons
sore body everyday
well run, poorly managed.
Transport trucking dock forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2018
manager was a great guy always there for his employees. supervisors however would constently disappear or show up with the aid of stimulants. all in all however a worth while experience.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
supervisors, lack of job security
Great benefits
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
It was great except the last terminal manager I had other than that the rest of the people were great and I like helping out in other terminals as well
Great company to work for, very friendly staff
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
Everyday there's a new challenge to take on, things can get very exciting and you learn something new everyday, everyone is more then willing to help you. Staff is unbelievably friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Start and finish times
Great culture.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2017
Great place to work, consistently supporting continued training and education to further enhance your career objectives. Management truly cares about its employees and development.
Good place to work organized
AZ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO17 September 2017
Delivering heavy loads to dedicated customers .Good equipment and e logs. Many hours on the road home daily good management hardest part of this job is knowledge how to operate with heavy loads .
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Heavy loads
Great Learning Experience
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB26 July 2017
This position has enable me to acquire new skills. It has been a challenging and demanding role in which I have been able to make a difference. My staff has proven to be the most valuable asset.
Pros
Satisfaction of a job well done
Cons
Hard to find a work-life balance
Great pay, but some of the people there weren't great company.
Cuber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Great pay, but some of the people there weren't great company. A lot of forklift drivers had trashy mouths and no respect. Management was great, but not a very open minded place
Pros
Pay
Cons
Some bad employees
Well organised with new building and yard
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2017
Its a good company.
Paid very good salary to employees.
Good management, safety, work scheduled, equipment.
regular departure,
I have learned to drive LCV, assemble and disassemble equipment, Electronic log books. team work.
Pros
Good employer as we see for work environment and pay.
Cons
Mostly night runs for Drivers.
great place to work
Customs Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 March 2017
Manitoulin has a great work environment, friendly staff and lots of room to grow with the company. I need a days position therefore i'm looking for another job that is not afternoons.
a stepping stone
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 February 2017
good, consistent pay, but the atmosphere was draining and the work was not enjoyable. would not consider working there long term.
Pros
good pay for no post secondary requirements
Challenging industry, fast-paced
Account Manager (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 January 2017
Work 8 to 5. Start day with emails and followups. Get more calls during the day and some you need to act on immediately. Co-workers in our office I have grown good working relationships with.
Pros
Own program
Cons
Some job duties
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
Enjoy my job and all the people I work with. Very relaxed and stress free environment, newer equipment and computer tracking and logs. Management team is very knowledgeable and always willing to help you out. Consistently upgrading and training in order to keep employees aware of constant changes in the industry.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
long hours some days
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
I would prefer not to rate my previous employers in order to post a resume. However, I would be happy to have a face-to face conversation regarding my opinions.
Pros
Not applicable to posting my resume
Cons
Not applicable to posting my resume
interprovential driving
truck driving (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB24 August 2016
this I s a good company to work for but there is not enough work, lately I have found myself at home more than I am working due to slow times in the oil industry.
Pros
working on my own is a benifit.
Cons
very long days of driving, fatiged a lot of the time, being away from home a lot.
great
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
overall a great place to work .
would have liked to have more hours .
Friendly environment work is descent . My job was a cuber to weigh freight and make sure i meet deadlines .
manipulation
chauffeur de camion classe 1 (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 January 2016
ne pas faire confiance a personne, il y a un manque séniorité et pas de respect pour la personne, tu dois être le meilleur et il trouvent un moyen pour te mettre dehors en inventant toute sorte de menterie, complot bureautique tu ne peux pas gagner, tu es dehors, il t'aime pour te détruire
Pros
manque de communication
Cons
Le comptable coupe des heures pour se les mettre dans ses poches
Always busy with little rewards
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 October 2015
Big company heading in right direction with expanding their services and capabilities. Lots of work involved but great relationships develop over time with customers. Takes a good substantial amount of time to get off the ground, learning the products/services and how to apply them. Each day was always a new set of tasks..Lot of different issues arising which requires good time management. Balancing can be a challenge and overwhelming at times.
Pros
Decent service
Cons
Overwhelmed a lot of times /Lack of appreciation /Poor incentive structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoulin Transport. Our community is ready to answer.