Manitoulin Transport

Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
Featured review
Manitoulin Transport selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with a dedicated sales team. Busy sales department, great manager (Director of Sales),
Pros
friendly people who work together
Cons
personal growth has stopped
Terrible place to work. There is no professionalism, employees are swearing, shouting at drivers. No resources for proper training not enough time given to train properly. Warehouse is understaffed and the Office team has no support. If you ask a question you are given attitude. When there are problems you are left to drown with no support. Management doesn't know what's going on. Then they start the blaming game... They lie about promotions, breach contracts, and just use you. THIS COMPANY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT'S EMPLOYEES!!! Never work here!
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Highly Stressful
Management is so poor. They don’t how to manage teams. Monday Sunday and Tuesday teams get more work than Wednesday and Thursday ,almost double. They will harass you if you refuse for a load and let you sit for a week. Driver recruiter need to be changed
Good place to work, Pretty busy most of the time. people are chill management chill had no issues. Very cold in winter just dress warm very hot in summer. if you can handle working in extreme heat and extreme cold your good.
Pros
great
good
I had a good co-worker that really helped me to be successful at what I did there. As a contractor, I was treated very respectfully and felt like I am part of the team.
Pros
Flexible hour
Cons
Fast pace and you really need to know your stuff to be successful there
People you work with are always verbally abusive and will not help you succeed when you have a question they tell you to figure it out.
You're expected to memorize every town in canada where items get shipped in weeks

And good luck going to management because they sweep things under the rug !

I'm so glad I quit !
I enjoyed working at Manitoulin. Pay was pretty good to make good living. I was satisfied with what I was doing as a driver in the company. I would recommend anyone who actually like to work and keep his business to his own. Don't get into politics or may be listen to everyone but do yours.
Enjoy the crew I work with, we all work together to get the job done.
Management is approachable and willing to listen and make changes where required. Good benefits.
company is very understanding when it comes to family issues. There was never an issue about having to take time off because of family responsibilities.
Good to work for. Reasonable to deal with.Options career wise available. Good benefits.Well maintained equipment.The dispatch system was very effective and always available for all situations.
Pros
Available and easy to work with
great place to work. great benefits package. room to grow within the company. good team in billing department, many other opportunities in the company to switch departments or to move up within the company itself.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
late shifts, little recognition
Never try to work in this place owners cheep and gready no respect for people who work for them this place is very bad and no social activity no frendley place to work stay away
The hours are horrible. It is always changing as to what is expected from
you. Not fair in their expectations. Little communication as to what is

happening in the building.
When you’re hired you’ll have to travel 5 hours to get some idiot training at Tag Logistics,there you’ll find another bunch of improperly trained management and office staff You might like driving at night and seeing the wilderness.
Manitoulin was a great place to stay busy. There were always deliveries, and as a driver you are never standing still. Good place to work and a really understanding GM running the place. Really cares about their customers, and tries to go above for them all the time.
24 hour dispatch and maintenance. Old equipment. E-log. Lots of hard mountain miles. Team driving was is a hit or miss with personalities. Small terminals are runn down
Pros
Positive management.
Cons
TDG & brake downs
I was a long haul team driver leaving Calgary Tuesday afternoon for Toronto returning to Calgary Sunday morning. We were put up overnight in a motel until our trailer was ready to which was usually by noon Friday.
Pros
Motel rest in Toronto
Cons
Not much time off at home.
Currently Working it's really nice to work there, nice workplace culture different things to learn and understand different things related to customer care and others.
The shop environment is dirty, cheap ppe, no shop tools, cheap shop equipment.Low standard benefits. Low standard work ethics. Whatever shop tools available are broken.
It was almost like being my own boss. Once my truck was loaded, and I was on the road, I was on my own. Dispatch was always readily available via radio if I ran into any problems or questions.
Great place if you want to be a part time truck driver or would rather sit on your rear rather then drive. Try for 6 hours down for 27 drive for 6 hours down 27. Thus is life at Manitoulin
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoulin Transport. Our community is ready to answer.