Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews

Liars .. pay from dark ages .. duh
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2019
Good equipment ... lows y pay .. if they paid double, might be a good company to work for .. ie.Grande Prairie AB to Fort Saint John BC 129 miles X .37 cents / 3 hrs (travel time in good weather with no delays) = $15.91 before expenses and taxes. 'Sign On Bonus' .. no such thing ... after 3 months I saw no sign on .. or safety bonus ... and no possible way of making the $100k-$120k promised salary. STRAIGHT UP LIARS AND THIEVES! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH MANITOULIN !!!
Pros
good equipment
Cons
terrible pay
golf games each year
Doc worker, Duties (Former Employee) –  acheson18 December 2018
During my typical work day, my responsibility was to do a pre trip to my forklift then helping those who work with me in unloading trailers and manifesting. with in the past four years I have learned a lot of things like how team work is efficient and the different type of work.
regarding the management I can say that it was very organized if it wasn't like that I would not have spent four years in there. from the point of my view there was no hard part as long as I have the will to work. I like the team work and the golf games and the barbecue.
Pros
barbecue
Cons
overtime
Do not advise
Lcv driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 November 2018
there is no hiring bonus, most days are roughly 18 hrs, no proof of anything on pay stubs just the money so KEEP track, can be switched from days to nights with no notice up to 4 times a week, forced to use Trucks illegal for road because it affects the managers end of year bonus so not allowed to refuse, end of year bonus means more to manager then your life so you are not allowed to refuse unsafe work and if you get hurt your made to work through the pain until you snap and get fired. If you ask for help it’s not their problem. You are the bad guy with this company. No proper training so catch on fast. Only good thing about this company are the other workers you come across. Ask them as much as possible cause that’s the only way you will learn this job.
Pros
Guarantee work
Cons
if injured your the bad guy!
worse run company in st catharines
Truck Driver AZ (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 October 2018
I did P and D from the St. Catharines terminal. Terminal manager is a complete idiot. Lies and lies. They tell you you're going to make this much and you don't. You voice your concerns about the pay and it gets swept under the rug.
Maybe manitoulin in mississauga is run better but the st. catharines yard is a dump run by one idiot. since I left three other guys have left. They take forever to give you the sign on bonus. Everything is just dragged on and on. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
work hours 7-5
Cons
Pay and management
Great Place
Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON19 July 2018
The place is indeed a nice place to work. They understand small town culture while maintaining a global company.
They allow time off to get personal items done because of small island restraints.
Benefits are good and the overall atmosphere is good.
There are opportunities for advancement and they encourage inside promotion.
This is a laid back Island but this company is global and demands a fast pace with attention to detail.
Very disorganized
Driver/Dock (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 August 2018
Not sure what's worse the management or the junk outdated equipment they screw you out of every dime they can and have no clue how to dispatch properly
Pros
Moneys good if you wanna kill yourself chasing it
Cons
Bad managment, outdated equipment, long hours (could do the job in 1/2 thr time if they werent so disorganized)
good people, bad pay
TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  sudbury ontario3 September 2018
Great coaching and friendly staff but the amount of documents
you gotta fill out each run made me miss out on 4 pay checks which is why i quit the job, other than that be very thorough
Pros
welcoming, great coaching staff
Cons
didn't get paid and the whole fleet is standards
Job for life
Truck Driver AZ (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
I am still new, but i think it is helpful for others to share my "so far" experience, professional management, good training, good follow up, good salary, tram work environment,
Actually i am impressed and i feel lucky to be part of Manitoulin successful team.
I strongly recommend it
Pros
Professional management
Cons
N/a
Transport industry
Customs Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 July 2018
This company will keep you on your toes in the best way possible. One has to maintain a positive attitude in this time sensitive and last minute edits in this industry. If you enjoy the ever changing aspect of the transportation business, this company is a fairly ethical one to be a part of.
good place lots of good guys
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
I enjoyed working there. lots of overtime if you wanted it. I was working with the guys in the talc section, they were very friendly. by far one of the nicest place I worked.

Want to know more about Manitoulin Transport?

Ask a question
Wonderful place to work
Office Clerk-temporary (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2018
-drivers very friendly bunch
-co-workers always available to answer questions and to help explain things
-every single person was friendly, approachable and made you feel like one of the team right from minute one of entering office.
Poor Training Strategy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON14 May 2018
I had resigned from the accounting department after only 6 weeks due to the following:

Training was minimal, forced, and inadequate. Often times resorting to repeated attempts by the trainer to understand what they were doing themselves. This was because each person had their own separate duties that others weren't familiar with. When an employee leaves, there is no one truly capable of training the new person if they are hired after the former employee leaves. So the trainer could be anyone but not someone who has experience with what they are training you to do.

Managers develop personal opinions about employees that affect their ability to manage properly the employee or the work being completed by that employee.

I would not recommend this company for the accounting department unless you already live in the area. But the reward for the risk of moving up to work for the accounting department makes it not worth it.
Pros
Good Benefits and retirement package
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work for hard workers.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2018
Everyone here pulls their weight, it is a great place to work. there is the usual amount of drama that happens when 50 people get together but the job gets done and you can go home at the end of the day feeling good. Hard work though, very hard work.
Pros
good pay, free food every now and then, good workout
Cons
sore body everyday
well run, poorly managed.
Transport trucking dock forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2018
manager was a great guy always there for his employees. supervisors however would constently disappear or show up with the aid of stimulants. all in all however a worth while experience.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
supervisors, lack of job security
Great Place
Linehaul Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON30 March 2018
Working at Manitoulin is a wonderful place , I enjoy going to my job and seeing the people that I work work each day. It so far in my career has been a wonderful experience.
Great company to work for, very friendly staff
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
Everyday there's a new challenge to take on, things can get very exciting and you learn something new everyday, everyone is more then willing to help you. Staff is unbelievably friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Start and finish times
Great benefits
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
It was great except the last terminal manager I had other than that the rest of the people were great and I like helping out in other terminals as well
Good place to work organized
AZ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO17 September 2017
Delivering heavy loads to dedicated customers .Good equipment and e logs. Many hours on the road home daily good management hardest part of this job is knowledge how to operate with heavy loads .
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Heavy loads
Well organised with new building and yard
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2017
Its a good company.
Paid very good salary to employees.
Good management, safety, work scheduled, equipment.
regular departure,
I have learned to drive LCV, assemble and disassemble equipment, Electronic log books. team work.
Pros
Good employer as we see for work environment and pay.
Cons
Mostly night runs for Drivers.
Great Learning Experience
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB26 July 2017
This position has enable me to acquire new skills. It has been a challenging and demanding role in which I have been able to make a difference. My staff has proven to be the most valuable asset.
Pros
Satisfaction of a job well done
Cons
Hard to find a work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoulin Transport. Our community is ready to answer.