Manitoulin Transport
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews

Canada151 reviews

Works with staff requirements

As a driver on a scheduled run, enjoyed the work and knowing what the shift would involve. Dispatch worked with me if there was a legitimate reason I couldn't go in for a shift.

I'm really impressed with the company and their culture

I've worked at various places throughout my career and this is the best culture to date. Management is collaborative and the team is extremely supportive and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Collaborative, great culture

Insights into Manitoulin Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Disorganized ,unprofessional lack of sufficient training ,

Training is not sufficient. UnorganizedUnrealistic targets within 3 months Management is unprofessional -rude - abrasive No time for breaks Management not involved in providing proper training

Busy place, great team work environment.

Productive fun work place, hard work, everyone pulls their own weight, everyone works together to get the job done. Time flys and the profit sharing plan is nice.

Terrible place to Learn

Management has favourites if you want to learn you can’t because only certain people get certain jobs ex. Turbos rads clutches apprentices only get Oil changes and services

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible leadership

Poor pay

Dispatch plays favorites They are the ones making money management lets it go. Paid by the hundred weight no weight poor pay check. Have to load and load trailers with out been paid for the extra work.

Company first, family last.

Depending on where you work, and I have traveled all over for these guys, you will find some bastions of kindness.This company is only about the company, the management will continue to push that narrative and act like your family is an inconvenience.If you are the only driver for a location, good luck securing your vacation time, they played with mine for 3 years.After 5 years of nights and being away from my family basically the whole time, I had a mental breakdown, they didn't care, and made life and the process of benefits a living h3ll.

Pros

Steady pay check

Cons

Company first, everything else last

Waste of time. And cost me big.

Worked here for a short time and it cost me big time. During the interview I was lead on to believe I would have a balance between work and personal life which was false ended up working up to 80 hours a week. Training was very minimum as if your expected to know how to do everythingbefore you start. Absolutely no communication between staff you have no clue when your schedule is and what your doing.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

No communication Stressful Lack of training

Pretty decent place to work, always something to do and the people working there were fun to work with.

Overall a good place to work good job atmosphere, advancement was promised and never received which was quite frustrating, decent amount of company tooling and equipment available to use

Pros

Relaxed, lots of work, good employees, nice shop

Cons

Lies on advancement

Good company

Company pays really good to their driverDriver have right to decide in bad weather Overall its a nice company for company drivers Working here from last 1 year no issues

Excellent place where to start the trucking trade, great people and coworkers

Good company, they give opportunity to green drivers to improve their skills, good dispatch, trucks are not new but well maintained, good mentorship programs but low wages,

Pros

Great company, excellent teamwork

Cons

low wages

Good pay ,benefits are ok..

Pay is good ,Benefits are satisfactory... although short term disability is very below average.. (claims 67% but caps at 600??? - about 30 percent of pay! and EI benefits already pay about this.. pointless coverage>,LTD is very good.dental is oklife insurance is decent,management is good (responsive)decent equipment+

Pros

good pay, good management/reasonable and responsive, good repair service (have their own garages-capable mechanics, fast)

Cons

short term disability is very below average.., (claims 67% but caps at 600??? - about 30 percent of pay!, and EI benefits already pay about this.. pointless coverage>

Good company

Company is Good, Fleet Manager Dispatchers Excellent People.Bison Is a Proper definition of Corporations, Cutting rates hauling freight for 1990 Rate keeping shipper Happy.Paying Driver Rates which are hard to survive on.If you Divide the amount of pay and Amount of work and wait, You better off working at Construction site.Work Culture is Good Got Excellent Trainer in but, For what trucking was known money this is the wrong company to work for the, Get the Experience And Work For The People Who Pays For Fairly.The Amount of Risk on the Road we Take and The Pay. No!No!

A very good company to work for!!

If you are willing to follow company policy and be responsible with your work, Manitoulin Transport is one of the best companies to work for. It is a nation wide company, they always make sure you are busy and they have great benefits. At the beginning the benefits are kinda basic, but after being with the company for some time they give you better benefits, plus profit share, also they provide $300 a year for uniforms, etc. I have been with Manitoulin since 2019 and I keep getting job offers from other companies, but nobody can match the salary and benefits Manitoulin offers.

Pros

Good pay, excellent managers, good truck maintenance, always busy.

Cons

They don't offer vision coverage on the benefits.

It was fun to work there because of the people you’re working with.

I Found it was a good place to work. The people you work with are all awesome, except some of the foreman. Work advancement you got a fight to get your year in interview for a raise. Their benefits are mediocre.

Confusing place for dispatch and slow trucks.

Not a bad paying job and paycheck is always what it should be,which is rare in trucking.They are good for getting drivers hotel rooms but slip seating sucks and lots of politics.I dont like their dispatch system,lots of confusion and changes!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Dispatch hassles and attitudes toward drivers.

Awesome Group! Loved the experience!

Fast pace, comical atmosphere... gotta be quick witted and thick skinned. Loved every day! Meeting new personalities and learning about different little places across Canada was cool.

Pros

Laughs and Good people

Cons

I absolutely love my job at manitoulin

I'm a loader. It's a challenging position and physically demanding. But that's what I like in a job. I also just had a baby and they have been amazing with everything that comes with being pregnant. One of the best jobs I've ever had.

Pros

The pay is great. You get paid well for the hard work you have to put in

Cons

The heat in the summer and the cold in the winter

Positive work environment

Good environment Good people Good management Good benefit Good starting time Good vacation pay Safe work place Positive competitive ethic EQUALLY

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Working some weekend

Fun workplace

Great Company to work for 💯.. Management is very Professional and Respectful of all employees no matter what the situation.. Definitely a Career choice for anyone who applies 💯

Pros

Cons

No Cons

Dispatcher Sucks... always pushing & just keep pushing..

**MONTREAL Terminal ***No Advancement options. ONLY Favoritism. will even take your route/Run from you and give it someone New just because that person/driver is favorite of the manager or a dispatcher..

Pros

Cons

Lick their boots if you want a good run/route/ & even a good Truck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoulin Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement