Manitoulin Transport Employee Reviews

worse run company in st catharines
Truck Driver AZ (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 October 2018
I did P and D from the St. Catharines terminal. Terminal manager is a complete idiot. Lies and lies. They tell you you're going to make this much and you don't. You voice your concerns about the pay and it gets swept under the rug.
Maybe manitoulin in mississauga is run better but the st. catharines yard is a dump run by one idiot. since I left three other guys have left. They take forever to give you the sign on bonus. Everything is just dragged on and on. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
work hours 7-5
Cons
Pay and management
Very disorganized
Driver/Dock (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 August 2018
Not sure what's worse the management or the junk outdated equipment they screw you out of every dime they can and have no clue how to dispatch properly
Pros
Moneys good if you wanna kill yourself chasing it
Cons
Bad managment, outdated equipment, long hours (could do the job in 1/2 thr time if they werent so disorganized)
Job for life
Truck Driver AZ (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
I am still new, but i think it is helpful for others to share my "so far" experience, professional management, good training, good follow up, good salary, tram work environment,
Actually i am impressed and i feel lucky to be part of Manitoulin successful team.
I strongly recommend it
Pros
Professional management
Cons
N/a
Transport industry
Customs Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 July 2018
This company will keep you on your toes in the best way possible. One has to maintain a positive attitude in this time sensitive and last minute edits in this industry. If you enjoy the ever changing aspect of the transportation business, this company is a fairly ethical one to be a part of.
Great Place
Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON19 July 2018
The place is indeed a nice place to work. They understand small town culture while maintaining a global company.
They allow time off to get personal items done because of small island restraints.
Benefits are good and the overall atmosphere is good.
There are opportunities for advancement and they encourage inside promotion.
This is a laid back Island but this company is global and demands a fast pace with attention to detail.
Wonderful place to work
Office Clerk-temporary (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2018
-drivers very friendly bunch
-co-workers always available to answer questions and to help explain things
-every single person was friendly, approachable and made you feel like one of the team right from minute one of entering office.
Poor Training Strategy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON14 May 2018
I had resigned from the accounting department after only 6 weeks due to the following:

Training was minimal, forced, and inadequate. Often times resorting to repeated attempts by the trainer to understand what they were doing themselves. This was because each person had their own separate duties that others weren't familiar with. When an employee leaves, there is no one truly capable of training the new person if they are hired after the former employee leaves. So the trainer could be anyone but not someone who has experience with what they are training you to do.

Managers develop personal opinions about employees that affect their ability to manage properly the employee or the work being completed by that employee.

I would not recommend this company for the accounting department unless you already live in the area. But the reward for the risk of moving up to work for the accounting department makes it not worth it.
Pros
Good Benefits and retirement package
Cons
Poor management
Great Place
Linehaul Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gore Bay, ON30 March 2018
Working at Manitoulin is a wonderful place , I enjoy going to my job and seeing the people that I work work each day. It so far in my career has been a wonderful experience.
Great place to work for hard workers.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2018
Everyone here pulls their weight, it is a great place to work. there is the usual amount of drama that happens when 50 people get together but the job gets done and you can go home at the end of the day feeling good. Hard work though, very hard work.
Pros
good pay, free food every now and then, good workout
Cons
sore body everyday
well run, poorly managed.
Transport trucking dock forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2018
manager was a great guy always there for his employees. supervisors however would constently disappear or show up with the aid of stimulants. all in all however a worth while experience.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
supervisors, lack of job security

Want to know more about Manitoulin Transport?

Ask a question
Great benefits
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
It was great except the last terminal manager I had other than that the rest of the people were great and I like helping out in other terminals as well
Great company to work for, very friendly staff
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
Everyday there's a new challenge to take on, things can get very exciting and you learn something new everyday, everyone is more then willing to help you. Staff is unbelievably friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Start and finish times
Great culture.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2017
Great place to work, consistently supporting continued training and education to further enhance your career objectives. Management truly cares about its employees and development.
Good place to work organized
AZ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO17 September 2017
Delivering heavy loads to dedicated customers .Good equipment and e logs. Many hours on the road home daily good management hardest part of this job is knowledge how to operate with heavy loads .
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Heavy loads
Great Learning Experience
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB26 July 2017
This position has enable me to acquire new skills. It has been a challenging and demanding role in which I have been able to make a difference. My staff has proven to be the most valuable asset.
Pros
Satisfaction of a job well done
Cons
Hard to find a work-life balance
Great pay, but some of the people there weren't great company.
Cuber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Great pay, but some of the people there weren't great company. A lot of forklift drivers had trashy mouths and no respect. Management was great, but not a very open minded place
Pros
Pay
Cons
Some bad employees
Well organised with new building and yard
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2017
Its a good company.
Paid very good salary to employees.
Good management, safety, work scheduled, equipment.
regular departure,
I have learned to drive LCV, assemble and disassemble equipment, Electronic log books. team work.
Pros
Good employer as we see for work environment and pay.
Cons
Mostly night runs for Drivers.
great place to work
Customs Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 March 2017
Manitoulin has a great work environment, friendly staff and lots of room to grow with the company. I need a days position therefore i'm looking for another job that is not afternoons.
a stepping stone
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 February 2017
good, consistent pay, but the atmosphere was draining and the work was not enjoyable. would not consider working there long term.
Pros
good pay for no post secondary requirements
Challenging industry, fast-paced
Account Manager (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 January 2017
Work 8 to 5. Start day with emails and followups. Get more calls during the day and some you need to act on immediately. Co-workers in our office I have grown good working relationships with.
Pros
Own program
Cons
Some job duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoulin Transport. Our community is ready to answer.