Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa Employee Reviews

Lots of opportunity
Server/Bartender/AssistantManager (Current Employee) –  Manitou Beach, SK7 April 2019
I enjoy the work I do. My bosses always encourage me to learn skills and improve my communication skills. There are lots of opportunities to make money at this hotel on the beach, not to mention how patient and fun-loving the clientele are.
Pros
significantly reduced prices for spa and treatments; fast pace
Cons
short notice banquets (actually a pro because surprise chance to $$)
Great people to work with..hands on management
cook (Current Employee) –  Watrous, SK7 April 2019
Going on three years here. Love it! Great place to work. Awesome benefits throughout the resort for staff. Beach is wonderful. Management is very supportive and helpful. Best move ever...
Pros
in house benefit for staff. Annual pay increases. Great management and coworkers. Lots of hours..
Great fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Housekeeping5 April 2019
I have worked here for just over two years, it’s a very busy fast paced work environment but a great place all in all. Management is great , all my co workers are wonderful people and we get along awesome. The pay is above average for a hotel and you get to enjoy being at the lake !
Pros
Wage, benefits
Great team work
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Watrous, SK5 April 2019
One of the best teams ive ever worked with
..we have seen 2 substantial pay rises since i started. family friendly and supportive boss ..Its hard work but its a great working environment
Pros
Benefits ..wages..team
Great Benefits and Fair Pay
maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Manitou Beach, SK5 April 2019
The company gets travelers from all over the world to their mineral pool, which makes it interested to work here. There are many policies and procedures in place to guide you when learning.
Pros
meal discounts and free coffee
Cons
none that i can think of
Exhaustive toxic environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lake Manitou27 March 2019
They chew through staff like gum. Training is a joke. I was trained by someone who only had been there a week. Way too much work for the amount of staff. Customers were nicest I've ever seen. They hired me because they were desperate for the busy season, then laid me off as soon as busy season was over. They'll let you stay in the rooms if you live out of town, but treat u like trash if you do. They move you from room to room often, with little to no notice.The co workers are not great. It's a stressful, toxic, backbiting environment. The restaurant will ignore you till last even on your half hour break. The management leave passive aggressive notes to you when you do something wrong, but are near impossible to get a hold of. Constantly avoiding staff and changing their schedule the night before. Upper management is rude. They hate workers rights and run the hotel like a prison. Unless you are born part of the clique you are chewed up and spat out. When I started half the staff had began in the last week. People were asking me how things worked around here after 2 days. Their benefits are a joke because you won't be able to work long enough to get them. They will wring you for all they can get during the season, lay you off; then ask you to come back next season.
Pros
High pay for saskatchewan, half of their overpriced understaffed restraunt, nicest customers ever
Cons
Long hours, rude managment, hugh turn over, unrealistic work expectations, toxic work environment.
Terrible Workplace and Management.
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Manitou Beach, SK15 March 2019
I worked here over the summer one year. It was the worst management I've ever dealt with. The owner never supported the employees and seemed not to care. I would never go back there. If I was you I wouldn't waste your time either.
Pros
None.
Horrible management staff.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Manitou Beach, SK8 January 2019
Dont waste your time applying for a job at this hotel. The management lies to the owner to get you fired and admits they do it all the time. Worst work experience I have ever had. Watched them destroy really good ppl in very short period of time.
Pros
Cons
Horrible hours
a lot of fun
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Watrous, SK10 December 2018
Its very hard to work in a place that you can not sometimes understand what is their language. But I tried myself to learn and speak their language. And now I can speak mandarin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa Reviews by Job Title