Manitoba Public Insurance Employee Reviews

Growth and skills
Systems User Analyst (Former Employee) –  CitiPlace Winnipeg10 October 2017
At MPIC I progressed through the ranks with several promotions over my career, I used my accumulated knowledge and skills to become a subject matter expert in many of the computer applications that MPIC uses to do daily business for the people of Manitoba who wish to secure a drivers licence and to insure their vehicles.
Pros
Flexible hours and great people to work eith
Cons
No cons
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
It's a good place to work. Lots of opportunity for learning and advancement. The entry level jobs are perfect for people starting out in an office environment.
Great company to work for but no job security at the moment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2017
Great place to work for unfortunately there is no job security with the government cutbacks. which is why I'm looking on indeed for another job. Would love to keep working here if I can get extended.
Interesting place to work
HR Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2017
The salary and benefits are great - so hopefully that will offset the dysfunctional environment. Dependent on your manager;s opinion of you, you can either go far - or just stay in one spot forever.
Great coworkers
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2017
The Coworkers were the the best part of the job, they were all very helpful and the environment was not at all clique-y. The hardest part of the job was working in the call centre, it became very apparent that the it is first and foremost a company, and as such would prefer that you make them money before helping the customers. It is also extremely hard to get out of the call centre after you've taken a position there, as the turn over rate is very high, they make it difficult to move up and out of the call centre.
excellant place to work.
Senior Adjuster Sub-office (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB1 January 2017
For the most part, a great place to work. Good hours and well paid. Good support and training. Lots of chances for advancement.
Pros
Steady days. Good vacation
Cons
Typical goverment job. Management thinks the province ends at the Winnipeg Perimeter Highway.
productive, good management,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
coworkers are good to deal with
management style is good
good salary and benefits
training is provided
job security
career advancement
Productive and fun place to work with
Clerk Typist 3 (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2016
Fast pace environment
Management is always there to help with your professional growth
Co workers are nice
Fun place to work with
Helps promote career advancement
Great place to work!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2016
great place to work, great people! room for advance.
easy shifts to work, although you are always employed as temporary part time and unless there are positions to apply for permanant, you will have to wait 2 years to attain permanant status, at least thats how it was when I worked there.
Pros
pay, benefits, pension
Cons
hired as temporary at beginning
Awesome Place to Work!
Network Administrator/Internal Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2016
This was the best place to work. Friendly staff, Friendly Manager and great advancement opportunities. I worked in a small team and had tons of resources to my disposal. Very supportive staff.
Stable job
Clerk Typist IV (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba15 March 2016
Stable work environment for a large company. Good benefits and pension plans. After first year, 2 weeks vacation. After 10 years, 4 weeks vacation.
Learnign experience
Driver Records and Suspensions (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2015
this job was a job placement through Medix school i learned a lot of interesting facts as a Medical Office Assistant The staff there was very helpful in guiding me on the right path.
Great organization and great working experience.
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba24 October 2014
This was a great company to work for. The managers were great and friendly. I could easily go to my manager with any questions or concerns I had. The job was a term position with no chance of getting hired on no matter how well you performed was a little bit of a let down, however the experience and skills I gained were great. The variety of duties made going to work fun and enjoyable every day.
Great Employer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg12 August 2014
Was provided with exceptional training
A great resource and support system was in place while you get started
Getting a full time position would take a long while
Pros
Company treats its employees well
Cons
Full Time not available for a long while
Manitoba Public Insurance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg18 June 2014
A typical Day would be Shift work, we were required to arrive early and load our programs. Generally we used about 6 programs for different Claims, and also we had a online manual for any questions that may arise.

Once a Week I would have a meeting with my Supervisor to review my progress and assess if there were any areas that needed to be improved on.

My Co-workers were excellent, my desk was next to someone who had worked there for 10 years and he was very helpful when I needed help on complicated Claims and likewise I would do the same for him.

The most enjoyable part of my Job was the Environment, it was a comfortable environment and very friendly people to work with.

One of the hardest parts of my Job occurred after my car accident and I was unable to sit for long periods if time, however with intensive care on my neck and shoulders I am able to return to work.
Pros
Staff Meetings and the ability to usually Trade Shift with other co-workers
Cons
Early 730am Shift Start (I commute from Winnipeg Beach)
Great learning experience working in a crown corporation
Strategic Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba4 June 2014
Typical day includes meetings with executive to develop and revise strategies and direction based on corporate expectations.
A good job with good pay and benefits
senior case manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Mb.15 April 2014
I dealt with the public dealing on a one to basis with serious injuries which caused serious disruption in peoples lives and their family situations and dynamics. The work was challenging but I learned to deal with most any type of situation. I had to be empathetic of their situation but had to deal with the situation in a professional manner and help them out as best I could with in the limits of their coverage and the companies mandate.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with child fatalities or very serious child injuries. You dealt with people for long periods of time
and you got to know the families.

The best part of the job was seeing how well people recovered.

MPIC staff was great and |I still remain friend with some of them.
Pros
good pension and benifits
Good work atmosphere
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2014
- receive my next project to complete in Excel
- I learned a great deal of Excel and analytical thinking techniques
- managers and co-workers were very busy but were easy to talk to and had lots of knowledge to share
- learning to use Microsoft SharePoint was the hardest part of the job
- working in Excel, creating spreadsheets with tables and charts
Productive Fast-Paced Environment
Clerk 2 / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2014
MPI has many positive and upbeat employees, but job security in regards to term employment proves to be very difficult and challenging. It take A LOT of patience.
Nice people
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba9 December 2013
A nice environment to be around. You have the support of management to proceed with Education. Management will help you find what you need when you need it.
Pros
Good salary and benefits