MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION

MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION Employee Reviews

Supportive and family feel

Very supportive management. Close knit work place and feels like a family. Low compensation structure. Great benefits. Very flat organization with little room for growth.

Pros

Supportive management. Family oriented employer

Cons

Low pay. Some tasks out of job description

The IT Team Life is Amazing

I really enjoy my job at the Manitoba Metis Federation. The work/life balance is amazing and the management understands the stresses of working in the IT field. I strongly recommend working for the MMF in their IT department

Please Stay Away

This is the worst place I have ever worked at. The culture is toxic, people within and outside departments lie and hide things from one another. "Family" is hired and paid to do nothing besides sit around. Nothing was communicated clearly during covid, not positive cases not even a single policy... You are not given the tools to do your job at all, most are set up to fail. The way finances are handled is "shady" to say the least. Avoid at all costs...

Pros

free food

Cons

culture, lack of support, stress

Mostly Good people

Mostlu good people at mmf. Lots of benefits of working there. Sense of pride and community. Pay was bare minimum though. Good opportunities but hard to get in.

Pros

Day hours.

Cons

Salary

Easy-going/relaxed office but there are major problems with management in addressing employee needs

There is very little structure on a typical day and staff usually gets freedom in tackling tasks as they see fit. They are very lenient with break times and time-off requests I learned about processing payroll, doing reconciliations, completing year-end audit processes, and calculating multi-million dollar claims Management was very distant and hardly ever kept staff informed of deadlines and expectations. Dealing with them was definitely the hardest part of the job. We were often left to solve problems with inadequate training and minimal support. I did learn a lot there and for that, the experience was worthwhile and can be carried forward into bigger and better things.

Pros

Opportunities to learn, relaxed environment

Cons

No guidance by management and unclear expectations/deadlines. Insufficient training offered.

Supportive work crew

- Great team - Great atmosphere - Great access to other departments The office in Winnipeg was a good experience, we did have some troubles with our direct management, but we we able to work it out and come to certain agreements. Great support from the our Board of Directors.

I Enjoy cleaning, making the place look nice

I started at a young age so it taught me how to clean properly, such as dusting, and vacuuming on a daily basis, as well as changing garbage's and keeping the public washrooms clean for the public. It also taught me to be precise and respect others belongings.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Not enough hours

Provided training

I provided training as well as computer and software upgrades. I was also responsible for upgrading the network and improving VPN security. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and felt very appreciated for the assistance I provided.

If only the President knew how this place was running...

Wonderful experience. Lack of Training. Shady environment. Lack of resources. Lack of tools to get jobs done. Lack of efficiency. Very dirty bathroom floors. Very high potential for the company, if only they would give their skilled employees the tools to succeed. It cannot be assumed that because the skills are there they can find their own way. Set up for failure.

Pros

Awesome Restaurant. Fantastic Security.

Cons

Lack of training, efficiency and tools to succeed.

nice people

observe deter report learned how to save lives while being a security guard management has always been good hardest part is dealing with hostile people bet part is knowing you've helped somebody

Pros

friendly co-workers

Cons

hostile people

Unclear goals, nice work environment

The environment was very positive, i.e. the people that worked there were very nice to work with and were supportive. On the other hand, there were difficulties trying to gather requirements. At the end, the product was built, but the requirements phase went on too long because of this.

Worst place of employment

Poor wages, underqualified management and no room for advancement. Staff didn't receive an increase in wage after being there for many years but always promised one. Management yells and belittles you.

Summer employment

It was a good place to work for the summer. There is also lots of other ways they can help you out. It was only for a summer position and didn't get to know a lot of people but everyone seemed friendly.

workplace

To work in a region is fine. Everything was awesome. I encourage more people to work at this establishment. They provided an excellent benefits package.

This place was a very good place to work. The employers were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot about working at the front desk.

Non for profit, family orientated

Good job security, low on pay scale & undesirable opportunity for advancement

Pros

gym in basement

Cons

pay for parking, location, poor pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement