MANITOBA LOTTERIES Employee Reviews

Work - family life balance. Best family Christmas party!
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2018
Typical day at work is assessing and developing network refresh plan, supporting operations and provide technical information to managers and directors.
A Culture Unto itself
NETWORK AND CLIENT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Like working in bedrock: Whistle blows, you slide down the dinosaur tail at the end of your shift and you are DONE! But, not for the family person. Long shifts, all hours. Lots of unions, so you get pigeonholed with tasks. Head office IT staff did all the project work, so site team swapped tapes, helped users with desktop issues, etc.
Not a Happy workplace for most
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2016
Glad to leave there,the Management were more Inclined to get their workers into trouble, rather than help them .Alot of unhappy Secuirty officers when i worked there for sure.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Too many to list
productive and educational environment
Countroom Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2016
i learned alot about different techniques of money management skills. the management was very helpful and understanding and patient with each co-worker. the co-workers were a joy to work beside.the hardest part was entering courientcies into computer.
Cheap and exploitative
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2016
Company full of racist minds. Immigrants are doing their jobs but still being picked by their accents. Culture of not allowing employees to rest and being denied time off to recover sanity.nazist organization.
Pros
Redundant cafeterian foods
Cons
Unable to multivitamin from the foods served
An incredible corporation to work for...
A/V Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  830 Empress St Winnipeg Manitoba Canada10 February 2015
During my 16 years with Manitoba Lotteries, I was able to advance my career and work along side of some very talented individuals. Our team provide the best A/V production from video shooting editing, photography, Large and Small Event Productions using the latest technology in the A/V industry.
Pros
Advancement and Education
Cons
there were none
My second home!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Club Regent Casino26 October 2014
I have been with this organization for nearly 4 years and I have literally enjoyed every minute.

There is so much room for advancement at Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries (formerly Manitoba Lotteries and Manitoba Liquor Control Commission) as long as you are committed to the journey. I went from a simple restaurant server at Club Regent to a supervisor then to the assistant manager of a liquor mart in less than four years. They are also putting me through school at the University of Manitoba to earn my Certificate in Management (CIM). They pay 100% of my tuition and books so long as my grades and my performance at work are satisfactory.

The people at Club Regent casino are some of the best people you will ever meet. From the cleaners to the dealers to the many management teams, you will never work with a finer group of individuals. They will be like your second family.
Pros
Great people, great pay, great room for advancement, amazing benefits
Cons
working with customers that have gambling or alcohol addictions
great company
Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2013
The corporation provides advancement to all the employees..
Great company
Dir Service Programs & Org Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2013
Learned so much at MLC!

Working for the government of Manaitoba was an exciting opportunity. The company believes in the development of the teams. I had the opportunity to participate in many projects, teams, and educational programs.
Learned how a real life Casino operated day to day..!
Casino Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2013
I gained knowledge from how a slot machine works to high security..
Maintained handling monies like in a Bank.!

Unique work place..!
Company secret.
Inspector/Pit Boss (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba12 June 2013
After 22 years with the company. It's best to just smile and nod.
(It was time for a change)
Pros
$$$$
im comfortable to worked here..
Receiver/Steward (Current Employee) –  484 Mc.Phillips Street Station28 November 2012
i am working day shift,learn something from the staff and to management,all the time i am doing fun while worked.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
8hrs
sfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (Former Employee) –  jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj28 April 2012
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part o