Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Not a high paying job but very good insurance benefits.

The benefits are good, work mostly graveyard shifts, busy on weekends. Will encounter toxic and drunk customers. Management is supportive, Always changing policies.

Pros

Free coffee, very good insurance benefits

Cons

Long hours, toxic customers

Awesome work, great benefits, terrible manager

Loved working at Liquor and Lotteries Warehouse. However, the manager was not keen on me being there and reported me to HR for minor mistakes that I did. That led to me not being rehired due to her pettiness.

Pros

Good pay, great workers, awesome benefits

Cons

terrible evening manager

Depending on your position job can be really relaxed

Overall I think that Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is a great place to work. They have great employee benefits and the wages is fair. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Can be fun

Cons

The pay and the benefits are competitive for the position. The hours are structured and you are never forced to stay late or work long hours. They prioritize your work-life balance which is something that I truly appreciate about this organization.

Great part time job, flexible,It’s hard to make full time , you need 10000 hours to have full time .grear people . Good training programs , great staff. A little opportunity to move up within the corporation.

Relaxed job with great staff and training

How busy the day is is largely based on customer traffic. Luckily even when the store is empty you can always chat with your fellow staff members, work on stock, review your product knowledge or generally clean the store. MBLL has numerous training programs covering a wide range of topics, including an ever improving Management development program. One particular gem of a program are the product education courses that give staff two opportunities to greatly expand what they know about Wine and Spirits from across the world. Management can be a bit of mixed bag with some managers being a little more hand on and others being rather hands off to outright absent. To their credit the upper management and executives are rather friendly and down to earth. The workplace culture is present, including a list of core values, but unfortunately not really pushed into the minds of staff, myself included, but that is a systemic problem across the company and something that is being working on at all levels. Overall the company has been quite good to me. I feel adequately compensated for the work I do, my work life balance is great, the benefits are fine, and there are usually a number of advancement opportunities across a variety of fields such as Security, IT and Management.

Flexible and challenging

MBLL treats its employees well. Good Benefits, and pension. Instore employment is best suited for self-motivated, and people with open availability.

Excellent

Good management and co worker. Supportive supervisors and lead hands. With a good parking area for all employee. Good place to work with a nice wage rate per hour and career advancement

It was a great experience to work there

It was a very team oriented workplace, good benefits and salary was good. It can be a very high stressed place to work sometimes, sometimes there was too many projects and too little resources.

Nice work culture flexible time

Managers are good, No micro management. Competitive Salary. Flexible Work time. Good for work and family life balance. Job security and friendly environment.

Jobs at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

See more jobs

A great place to work, meeting new people everyday

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday. Working as a team in whatever the situation or task may be Being able to assist guests and make their stay more enjoyable Benefits are great

Good pay for good work

A great place to work in general, a couple of managers can sometimes make the job unbearable. you can learn new games to get raises which is nice, and the break schedule is fantastic.

Pros

15 minute break every 45 minutes

Cons

just a couple of managers that made me quit

Diversify and friendly environment

Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits, personal time and retirement plan. Working environment is very friendly.A company that values diversity and provides opportunity for advancement.

Good Place to Start Your IT Career

Good place to start your IT career with some limitation on advancement, depending on your IT career path. The company will cover your education in your field.

Pros

Education coverage, decent compensation and Union coverage

Cons

Open positions not filled for a long period of time

Fun environment

Diverse workplace with numerous opportunities for growth. I appreciate all the training provided, the excellent benefits and the support from management.

Pros

Staff Cafe with reduced prices

Cons

Shift work in most departments

great things

Learn to follow instruction. make sure everything is already correctly encoding to system. company has a great diversity. everyone is nice and knows duties and responsibility.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

buffalo point is 25mins drive for me

Management is awful

I currently work at MBLL, I think that Management and Human Resources are the worst I’ve ever seen. If they like a certain employee that person gets treated like gold, if not liked as much, you might as well hide under a rock somewhere. If you like to be a but kisser, whistleblower this is the place for you.if you’re a casual employee you get 0 benefits and it takes a long time to get part time, so you could get your benefit package. I enjoy working with the people, but hate being treated like a doormat.

Pros

Great wages

Cons

Management, No benefits for casual, long hours, Human Resources are terrible

regular work

Good place for a long term working position. Competitive salary, good benefits. Low growing possibilities. Not too much challenges. Very stable in long term.

Pros

pay high compare to other warehouse

Cons

repeatetive task

I like working in an environment full, Of friendly people.

I know that thr alcohol and lottery industry was something I was looking at before and I think I'd like to learn more about it. Sounds very interesting.

Pros

Safe work environment

Cons

Long standing periods

Supports community and care for employees

Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries cares for its people and its community. I love how the company embraces diversity. Fun environment and have good benefits.

Good place for a long term working position.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No too much space for professional growing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement