Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Culture reviews

Clear

Depending on your position job can be really relaxed

Overall I think that Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is a great place to work. They have great employee benefits and the wages is fair. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Can be fun

Cons

The pay and the benefits are competitive for the position. The hours are structured and you are never forced to stay late or work long hours. They prioritize your work-life balance which is something that I truly appreciate about this organization.

You will love working here

I loved working at the site I was hired. The staff were friendly and supportive. The customers are diverse and interesting. I would definitely suggest working there even for a seasonal position.

Relaxed job with great staff and training

How busy the day is is largely based on customer traffic. Luckily even when the store is empty you can always chat with your fellow staff members, work on stock, review your product knowledge or generally clean the store. MBLL has numerous training programs covering a wide range of topics, including an ever improving Management development program. One particular gem of a program are the product education courses that give staff two opportunities to greatly expand what they know about Wine and Spirits from across the world. Management can be a bit of mixed bag with some managers being a little more hand on and others being rather hands off to outright absent. To their credit the upper management and executives are rather friendly and down to earth. The workplace culture is present, including a list of core values, but unfortunately not really pushed into the minds of staff, myself included, but that is a systemic problem across the company and something that is being working on at all levels. Overall the company has been quite good to me. I feel adequately compensated for the work I do, my work life balance is great, the benefits are fine, and there are usually a number of advancement opportunities across a variety of fields such as Security, IT and Management.

I enjoyed working for Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries. Always felt like part of a team. A very understanding company willing to work with peoples individual needs.

Good place to start

Good company to work with. Nice people and culture. Safe for female employees. Night shifts usually were lively. They provide drop cab in night shift.

Nice work culture flexible time

Managers are good, No micro management. Competitive Salary. Flexible Work time. Good for work and family life balance. Job security and friendly environment.

A great place to work, meeting new people everyday

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday. Working as a team in whatever the situation or task may be Being able to assist guests and make their stay more enjoyable Benefits are great

regular work

Good place for a long term working position. Competitive salary, good benefits. Low growing possibilities. Not too much challenges. Very stable in long term.

Pros

pay high compare to other warehouse

Cons

repeatetive task

Lotteries: Fast paced environment. Working with money 24/7. Customer service skills, management/supervisory skills required.

1 - Fast paced from the word GO! Customer concerns; staff concerns; scheduling of staff; evaluations; financial reports; inventory; machine maintenance (ATM's, Ticket Redemption Machines, money counting machines etc.); balancing of the main vault. Never a dull moment! 2 - Learned to manage, supervise, evaluate staff properly. How to continuously motivate myself and my staff, gained knowledge in providing exemplary customer service to guests and other departments withing MBLL. 3 - Workplace culture - Safety and Health; Respectful Workplace; Customer Service etiquette, diversity, teamwork within departments 4 - 24 hr. rotational shift work 5 - My staff and the exciting atmosphere were the most enjoyable parts of my job as Shift Manager!

Pros

Fast paced, exciting atmosphere, staff within the Casino

Cons

24 hour rotational shift work

Jobs at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

See more jobs

excellent

Good place to work.Lots of different cultures to work with.Everyone is pleasant to work with.Lots of different knowledge to learn in all areas of the establishment.

Supports community and care for employees

Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries cares for its people and its community. I love how the company embraces diversity. Fun environment and have good benefits.

Good place for a long term working position.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No too much space for professional growing

productive and excellent workplace

Its a pleasure working at manitoba Liquor and lotteries Excellent work environment,excellent co workers. good life and work balance. certainly the best place to work at.

Love working here been here 18 yearsgreat place to work with great people who are all friendly and we all get along would recommend applying here they also have a great pension and benefits plan

A large company with good people

MBLL is a great company to work for. They have a lot of opportunities for advancement and training. Management is friendly and co-workers are helpful.

Excellent place to work!

I can't say , that there's anything wrong with the place. I worked at a lot warehouse's and this place is by far the best place. Supervisors are great to work with and very understanding when it comes to personal family life. Training and safety are a number one priority, which is why I would go back in a heart beat.

Pros

Great benefits, great work atmosphere and co-workers, also it has a great cafeteria, plus free coffee.

Cons

Layoffs, if your not a P/T or F/T employee.

Fun and Good

Deal cards The hardest part is when busy but enjoyable This company is one of the best place to work

Pros

no free

Cons

long standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries with

• Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?