Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Relaxed job with great staff and training

How busy the day is is largely based on customer traffic. Luckily even when the store is empty you can always chat with your fellow staff members, work on stock, review your product knowledge or generally clean the store. MBLL has numerous training programs covering a wide range of topics, including an ever improving Management development program. One particular gem of a program are the product education courses that give staff two opportunities to greatly expand what they know about Wine and Spirits from across the world. Management can be a bit of mixed bag with some managers being a little more hand on and others being rather hands off to outright absent. To their credit the upper management and executives are rather friendly and down to earth. The workplace culture is present, including a list of core values, but unfortunately not really pushed into the minds of staff, myself included, but that is a systemic problem across the company and something that is being working on at all levels. Overall the company has been quite good to me. I feel adequately compensated for the work I do, my work life balance is great, the benefits are fine, and there are usually a number of advancement opportunities across a variety of fields such as Security, IT and Management.

Flexible and challenging

MBLL treats its employees well. Good Benefits, and pension. Instore employment is best suited for self-motivated, and people with open availability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement