Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Employee Reviews

Loved working at Liquor and Lotteries Warehouse. However, the manager was not keen on me being there and reported me to HR for minor mistakes that I did. That led to me not being rehired due to her pettiness.
Pros
Good pay, great workers, awesome benefits
Cons
terrible evening manager
Abuse, bullying and lies are part of your daily routine. Staff and mngmt love to gossip. Worst than high school .Too much favouritism. You can move up if you’re a favourite.Too much mngmt positions that do nothing, know nothing. A customer service industry that knows nothing about it. No protection for its employees. Don’t work here and don’t gamble here. FT takes years to get, PT is forced to work
Overall I think that Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is a great place to work. They have great employee benefits and the wages is fair. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Can be fun
Cons
The pay and the benefits are competitive for the position. The hours are structured and you are never forced to stay late or work long hours. They prioritize your work-life balance which is something that I truly appreciate about this organization.
I loved working at the site I was hired. The staff were friendly and supportive. The customers are diverse and interesting. I would definitely suggest working there even for a seasonal position.
The job was okay though not knowing what was next and what was expected was a bit of a problem Things seemed to be based more on who you knew rather than what you know
Great part time job, flexible,It’s hard to make full time , you need 10000 hours to have full time .grear people . Good training programs , great staff. A little opportunity to move up within the corporation.
How busy the day is is largely based on customer traffic. Luckily even when the store is empty you can always chat with your fellow staff members, work on stock, review your product knowledge or generally clean the store. MBLL has numerous training programs covering a wide range of topics, including an ever improving Management development program. One particular gem of a program are the product education courses that give staff two opportunities to greatly expand what they know about Wine and Spirits from across the world. Management can be a bit of mixed bag with some managers being a little more hand on and others being rather hands off to outright absent. To their credit the upper management and executives are rather friendly and down to earth. The workplace culture is present, including a list of core values, but unfortunately not really pushed into the minds of staff, myself included, but that is a systemic problem across the company and something that is being working on at all levels. Overall the company has been quite good to me. I feel adequately compensated for the work I do, my work life balance is great, the benefits are fine, and there are usually a number of advancement opportunities across a variety of fields such as Security, IT and Management.
MBLL treats its employees well. Good Benefits, and pension. Instore employment is best suited for self-motivated, and people with open availability.
I enjoyed working for Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries. Always felt like part of a team. A very understanding company willing to work with peoples individual needs.
Good company to work with. Nice people and culture. Safe for female employees. Night shifts usually were lively. They provide drop cab in night shift.
It’s not a stressful environment but it is a collaborative workplace and you have to gel with co-workers to make the job easy for both of you specially when you’re dealing with money and you have to be guest focused and patient with a high customer service value attitude.
Good management and co worker. Supportive supervisors and lead hands. With a good parking area for all employee. Good place to work with a nice wage rate per hour and career advancement
If you are a white male, don't bother applying. Minorities and females only hiring. Very few opens available, does not go by seniority. Very poor communication from the MGT team.
It was a very team oriented workplace, good benefits and salary was good. It can be a very high stressed place to work sometimes, sometimes there was too many projects and too little resources.
Avoid working in Food and Beverage, seriously. It’s a shhhT show. Days off are like pulling teeth, way too many black out dates, the less senior you are the more shhht you gotta take. Management and supervisors hardly communicate with each other let alone other staff. Favoritism, racism (cliques) is a big thing, harassment from guests is accepted. Just don’t bother. Save your sanity
Working at MCLL showed me how to work in a slow and fast placed environment. It was a very enjoyable job, the coworkers knew how to enjoy and have fun while getting the job done and delivering great customer service
Micromanagement galore, ever have 2 levels of management in the same room telling you to do different things then congratulating themselves, because it can never be done. Called back from holidays for no reason.
At Casino, i was able to meet a lot of people, i have grown personally, was able to know about responsible gaming, thought me to deal with hard to deal clients,
Managers are good, No micro management. Competitive Salary. Flexible Work time. Good for work and family life balance. Job security and friendly environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday. Working as a team in whatever the situation or task may be Being able to assist guests and make their stay more enjoyable Benefits are great