Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Casino Eh...

Not the best but not the worst. Get paid pretty good for the easiness of the job. However god forbid you stop on the floor and chat with a fellow employee for a few minutes......eyes everywhere.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Working till 3am

Not a high paying job but very good insurance benefits.

The benefits are good, work mostly graveyard shifts, busy on weekends. Will encounter toxic and drunk customers. Management is supportive, Always changing policies.

Pros

Free coffee, very good insurance benefits

Cons

Long hours, toxic customers

An amazing place to work

I have worked for them for 23 years and enjoyed everything and everyone I worked with. I wish I was still working there right now but cutbacks happen to the best of companies

Pros

Special lunches

Cons

Back breaking work

Awesome work, great benefits, terrible manager

Loved working at Liquor and Lotteries Warehouse. However, the manager was not keen on me being there and reported me to HR for minor mistakes that I did. That led to me not being rehired due to her pettiness.

Pros

Good pay, great workers, awesome benefits

Cons

terrible evening manager

Don’t bother

Abuse, bullying and lies are part of your daily routine. Staff and mngmt love to gossip. Worst than high school .Too much favouritism. You can move up if you’re a favourite.Too much mngmt positions that do nothing, know nothing. A customer service industry that knows nothing about it. No protection for its employees. Don’t work here and don’t gamble here. FT takes years to get, PT is forced to work

Depending on your position job can be really relaxed

Overall I think that Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is a great place to work. They have great employee benefits and the wages is fair. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Can be fun

Cons

The pay and the benefits are competitive for the position. The hours are structured and you are never forced to stay late or work long hours. They prioritize your work-life balance which is something that I truly appreciate about this organization.

You will love working here

I loved working at the site I was hired. The staff were friendly and supportive. The customers are diverse and interesting. I would definitely suggest working there even for a seasonal position.

Okay

The job was okay though not knowing what was next and what was expected was a bit of a problem Things seemed to be based more on who you knew rather than what you know

Great part time job, flexible,It’s hard to make full time , you need 10000 hours to have full time .grear people . Good training programs , great staff. A little opportunity to move up within the corporation.

Recommend liquor and lotteries

Great company to work for, mostly shift work, flexible on hours, once in company you can apply for internal posting, lots of training opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.

Relaxed job with great staff and training

How busy the day is is largely based on customer traffic. Luckily even when the store is empty you can always chat with your fellow staff members, work on stock, review your product knowledge or generally clean the store. MBLL has numerous training programs covering a wide range of topics, including an ever improving Management development program. One particular gem of a program are the product education courses that give staff two opportunities to greatly expand what they know about Wine and Spirits from across the world. Management can be a bit of mixed bag with some managers being a little more hand on and others being rather hands off to outright absent. To their credit the upper management and executives are rather friendly and down to earth. The workplace culture is present, including a list of core values, but unfortunately not really pushed into the minds of staff, myself included, but that is a systemic problem across the company and something that is being working on at all levels. Overall the company has been quite good to me. I feel adequately compensated for the work I do, my work life balance is great, the benefits are fine, and there are usually a number of advancement opportunities across a variety of fields such as Security, IT and Management.

Flexible and challenging

MBLL treats its employees well. Good Benefits, and pension. Instore employment is best suited for self-motivated, and people with open availability.

I enjoyed working for Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries. Always felt like part of a team. A very understanding company willing to work with peoples individual needs.

Good place to start

Good company to work with. Nice people and culture. Safe for female employees. Night shifts usually were lively. They provide drop cab in night shift.

Mbll is a good workplace.

It’s not a stressful environment but it is a collaborative workplace and you have to gel with co-workers to make the job easy for both of you specially when you’re dealing with money and you have to be guest focused and patient with a high customer service value attitude.

Excellent

Good management and co worker. Supportive supervisors and lead hands. With a good parking area for all employee. Good place to work with a nice wage rate per hour and career advancement

Poor

If you are a white male, don't bother applying. Minorities and females only hiring. Very few opens available, does not go by seniority. Very poor communication from the MGT team.

It was a great experience to work there

It was a very team oriented workplace, good benefits and salary was good. It can be a very high stressed place to work sometimes, sometimes there was too many projects and too little resources.

Ridiculous

Avoid working in Food and Beverage, seriously. It’s a shhhT show. Days off are like pulling teeth, way too many black out dates, the less senior you are the more shhht you gotta take. Management and supervisors hardly communicate with each other let alone other staff. Favoritism, racism (cliques) is a big thing, harassment from guests is accepted. Just don’t bother. Save your sanity

Great coworkers and good workplace environment

Working at MCLL showed me how to work in a slow and fast placed environment. It was a very enjoyable job, the coworkers knew how to enjoy and have fun while getting the job done and delivering great customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement