MANITOBA LIQUOR & LOTTERIES Employee Reviews

Nice people, Nice salary
Work Practicum, Information Security Department (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 July 2018
Work environment is so nice including the peers working together and management.

Balance between research based interesting task and typical daily task.
Pros
Worm atmosphere
Becoming an alcoholic is complementary with the job
Did work there (Former Employee) –  Shhitstore28 April 2018
Will replace you in an instant, since lotteries joined with liquor has been terrible. Corporate bullies and they do not help if your suffering stress or any mental illness. No diversity in head office all white rich people with no souls
regular work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2018
Good place for a long term working position.
Competitive salary, good benefits.
Low growing possibilities.
Not too much challenges.
Very stable in long term.
Pros
pay high compare to other warehouse
Cons
repeatetive task
excellent
Casino Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2018
Good place to work.Lots of different cultures to work with.Everyone is pleasant to work with.Lots of different knowledge to learn in all areas of the establishment.
I like working in an environment full, Of friendly people.
Sampling and sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
I know that thr alcohol and lottery industry was something I was looking at before and I think I'd like to learn more about it. Sounds very interesting.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
Long standing periods
Supports community and care for employees
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2017
Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries cares for its people and its community. I love how the company embraces diversity. Fun environment and have good benefits.
Senior Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Good place for a long term working position.
Competitive salary, good benefits.
Low growing possibilities.
Not too much challenges.
Very stable in long term.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No too much space for professional growing
productive and excellent workplace
Merchandising Representative - Corporate Accounts (Former Employee) –  winnipeg29 July 2017
Its a pleasure working at manitoba Liquor and lotteries
Excellent work environment,excellent co workers.
good life and work balance.
certainly the best place to work at.
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
Love working here been here 18 yearsgreat place to work with great people who are all friendly and we all get along would recommend applying here they also have a great pension and benefits plan
A large company with good people
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
MBLL is a great company to work for. They have a lot of opportunities for advancement and training. Management is friendly and co-workers are helpful.
overall diversity,respect to each and everyone
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  winnipeg,manitoba24 May 2017
diversity,customer service,working experience and good people.we also value time and respect each others privacy.i also like their programs for their employees
Pros
food is cheap
Cons
short breaks, and no free food/lunch per shift
Game Dealer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2017
good benefit,flexibility in job hours and great place work. Management is very good and also equal opportunity for everybody. people are very friendly and helpful. Good environment for work.
Friendly and supportive team
Summer Student - Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
As service desk, I worked 8 hours a day. The duties which I regularly performed includes detecting, recording, classifying, routing, prioritizing, matching, resolving and closing incoming IT related support calls as possible, automated system alerts, service requests, and capital project requests.

Overall, my work term as Service Desk in Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries has been a valuable learning experience. My job duties developed my interpersonal skills, decision-making and technical skills. There may be challenges in this job but it takes patience, flexibility and humility – knows how to accept negative feedback in order to fulfill the duties satisfactorily without conflict.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when interacting with end users and resolving their technical or non-technical issues as possible.
A challenging but fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2017
You get adequate training for the job you do. It's a little challenging to do recommendations since you wouldn't know every single product in the store, but usually what you suggest is what they're searching for.
2nd Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2017
Variety of different jobs available! Co-workers are very fun and team orientated! I worked in the kitchen it is a fast paced environment keeps you busy!
A dynamic workplace with lots of potential for development
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
My time at MLCC was a great time for my development, and it really prepared me for my subsequent careers. My training in marketing, human resource management, sales, and store management has benefited my ongoing development.
Pros
Product knowledge, professional networking, continuing university training
Cons
Shift work, government bureaucracy, multiple transfers
Stressful workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2015
Work with this company is something anyone can be dependable in term of livelihood. Jobs stable but stressful in nature. Long hours work. English language only allowed on the floor.
Pros
Stable job
Diverse and Fast Paced Company to Work For
Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Grant Park Liquor Mart28 September 2015
A typical day at a Liquor Mart obviously has it's ups and downs. There are hard situations to deal with; from having to refuse a customer to checking I.D. on a daily basis, but these hard situations don't come without their rewards. The MBLL prides itself on it's social responsibility, and we as employees are the front-line protection for underage or intoxicated customers.
The management system is hierarchical, and seniority/longevity is how hours and salary are determined; but if you're willing to put in the time with a company like this, you'll be greatly rewarded, not only in the unionized atmosphere but also in the employee incentive programs.
Pros
Many opportunities for training and development
Cons
No "full-time" positions for retail workers
great place to work
Customer Service and Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg MB17 August 2015
great place to work with minimal available, great job to have while in school, very professional.

management may vary considering half manager or shift managers which change frequently.
Accounting Clerk Job
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2014
I enmjoyed working and been more familier with somany things: Daily banking Activities, Bank Deposits preparation, Working on Lawson Accounting software, Excel, Words, Bank and other monthly and periodical reconciliations, Account receivables, Answering phones of customers, customer service, adjustments and journal entries and many more things.