MANITOBA LIQUOR & LOTTERIES Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A large company with good people
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
MBLL is a great company to work for. They have a lot of opportunities for advancement and training. Management is friendly and co-workers are helpful.
Friendly and supportive team
Summer Student - Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
As service desk, I worked 8 hours a day. The duties which I regularly performed includes detecting, recording, classifying, routing, prioritizing, matching, resolving and closing incoming IT related support calls as possible, automated system alerts, service requests, and capital project requests.

Overall, my work term as Service Desk in Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries has been a valuable learning experience. My job duties developed my interpersonal skills, decision-making and technical skills. There may be challenges in this job but it takes patience, flexibility and humility – knows how to accept negative feedback in order to fulfill the duties satisfactorily without conflict.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when interacting with end users and resolving their technical or non-technical issues as possible.
A challenging but fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2017
You get adequate training for the job you do. It's a little challenging to do recommendations since you wouldn't know every single product in the store, but usually what you suggest is what they're searching for.
2nd Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2017
Variety of different jobs available! Co-workers are very fun and team orientated! I worked in the kitchen it is a fast paced environment keeps you busy!
A dynamic workplace with lots of potential for development
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
My time at MLCC was a great time for my development, and it really prepared me for my subsequent careers. My training in marketing, human resource management, sales, and store management has benefited my ongoing development.
Pros
Product knowledge, professional networking, continuing university training
Cons
Shift work, government bureaucracy, multiple transfers
Diverse and Fast Paced Company to Work For
Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Grant Park Liquor Mart28 September 2015
A typical day at a Liquor Mart obviously has it's ups and downs. There are hard situations to deal with; from having to refuse a customer to checking I.D. on a daily basis, but these hard situations don't come without their rewards. The MBLL prides itself on it's social responsibility, and we as employees are the front-line protection for underage or intoxicated customers.
The management system is hierarchical, and seniority/longevity is how hours and salary are determined; but if you're willing to put in the time with a company like this, you'll be greatly rewarded, not only in the unionized atmosphere but also in the employee incentive programs.
Pros
Many opportunities for training and development
Cons
No "full-time" positions for retail workers